274 replies to this topic

#101 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:30 PM

I won by one point.  Mike Evans is a monster with Fitzmagic.

#102 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:15 AM

I have the Ravens DST @ Pitt this week. Don't wanna play them.

I am going to try to get Cowboys DST on waivers. If that doesn't work out, would you start Titans or Colts DST over Ravens DST this week?

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#103 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,886 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:19 AM

Yes to both.

I wouldn't start many D/ST on the road against the Steelers.

• Mike in STL likes this

#104 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,886 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:36 AM

I've managed to pick correctly between Rivers and Roethlisberger each week so far.  Who would you take this week?

I think Ben has more upside, but I'm leaning Rivers at home vs SF because I want the high floor.  I'm favored by about 20 points, so as long as my QB goes and gets me ~20 (6 pt TD league) I should remain the heavy favorite, and Ben is much more prone to a dumpster fire than Rivers (although not usually at home).  On the other hand, my opponent has Antonio Brown, so I could go with Ben to neutralize any TDs that Brown gets.

#105 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:12 AM

I'd probably go with Rivers just to avoid the annoyance of wanting Ben to carve up the home team.  I don't think you can choose poorly with either.

@fuzydunlop

#106 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:13 AM

Go with Ben.

If he sucks, good. If he does well, at least your FF team benefits.

Either way you benefit somehow.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#107 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:55 AM

I've managed to pick correctly between Rivers and Roethlisberger each week so far.  Who would you take this week?

I think Ben has more upside, but I'm leaning Rivers at home vs SF because I want the high floor.  I'm favored by about 20 points, so as long as my QB goes and gets me ~20 (6 pt TD league) I should remain the heavy favorite, and Ben is much more prone to a dumpster fire than Rivers (although not usually at home).  On the other hand, my opponent has Antonio Brown, so I could go with Ben to neutralize any TDs that Brown gets.

Mackus, I'm pretty sure we have the same fantasy football team. 

I'm going with Rivers this week - like you, I just need a high floor as I play a guy without Cam this week (on bye) - ironically starting Flacco. SF DEF has allowed no less than 24 fantasy points (6 pts per QB TD) so far to QBs this season.

#108 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:52 AM

I've managed to pick correctly between Rivers and Roethlisberger each week so far. Who would you take this week?

I think Ben has more upside, but I'm leaning Rivers at home vs SF because I want the high floor. I'm favored by about 20 points, so as long as my QB goes and gets me ~20 (6 pt TD league) I should remain the heavy favorite, and Ben is much more prone to a dumpster fire than Rivers (although not usually at home). On the other hand, my opponent has Antonio Brown, so I could go with Ben to neutralize any TDs that Brown gets.

I would be nervous with no QB in SF that Rivers is in a game where he hands off the whole second half. That would mean being up 28-0 or something which means maybe he gave you 4TDs though.

I thought Latavius Murray was a no brainer start last week against Buffalo, Lots of garbage time carries....he had 4 all day. Who knows?
@BSLMikeRandall

#109 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,886 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:29 AM

I started Dalvin Cook in the league where I'm debating Rivers/Roethlisberger and he laid an egg (btw...Johnson/Cook in this league and Bell/Cook in another felt like a great RB tandem to me coming out of my drafts...). 

I'm leaning Ben for QB right now for the upside and for the fact that my opponents best player is Antonio Brown and Ben would neutralize his points.  Rivers is rated higher by most "experts" this week.  I think the Ravens passing defense is overrated by people who are only looking at the stats through three games, however. 

#110 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:26 PM

What are our thoughts on Dalvin Cook going forward?

Obviously has been disappointing/hurt thus far.

I have a trade proposal to get him, giving up young stud Mike Williams.

I don't really need to make the deal (I have Gurley, Mixon, Breida, Carson at RB and JuJu, Mike Thomas, Williams, and Godwin at WR) but it also never hurts to have too many RBs. 

#111 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,886 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:32 PM

I'd make that trade (in favor of getting Cook).
  • Chris B likes this

#112 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:33 PM

What are our thoughts on Dalvin Cook going forward?

Obviously has been disappointing/hurt thus far.

I have a trade proposal to get him, giving up young stud Mike Williams.

I don't really need to make the deal (I have Gurley, Mixon, Breida, Carson at RB and JuJu, Mike Thomas, Williams, and Godwin at WR) but it also never hurts to have too many RBs. 

I have him too. Didn't play him last night, I have Collins to swap him out with.

But I think he'll get going soon.

• Chris B likes this

#113 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:41 PM

Thanks guys. Feel like it's more of a depth/long-term play because (knock on wood) my starting lineup is pretty much set week in and week out.

#114 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:19 PM

I'm playing fantasy for the first time in over a decade.  Playing with some old friends from high school, and I let my son be involved in everything.  So far in 3 weeks we've lost by 1 point (defense scored -3), won by 1 point, and lost by 3 points.  Fun intro into the world of fantasy football for him.

Quoting myself is always fun!

So in this week's game, we had a 27-point lead going into last night.  We were done and our opponent had Kareem Hunt, who in our league scored - you guessed it - 27 points.  So for those keeping score at home, that's....

1 point loss

1 point win

3 point loss

Tie

• Bmore Irish likes this

#115 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:20 PM

4-0.

I play the other 4-0 team in my division this week.

#116 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:05 PM

Quoting myself is always fun!

So in this week's game, we had a 27-point lead going into last night.  We were done and our opponent had Kareem Hunt, who in our league scored - you guessed it - 27 points.  So for those keeping score at home, that's....

1 point loss

1 point win

3 point loss

Tie

You need a 3 point win for symmetry.

On a side note, I have James Conner and was offered a trade for a WR for him last week, and decided not to do it. Kind of wish I would've taken it in hindsight...

#117 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:34 PM

Decided to spend a sizable amount of my FAAB on Nyheim Hines (I hadn't used practically any before this week). 

Need my RB2 and FLEX:

Joe Mixon (vs. MIA)

Matt Breida (vs. ARI)

Nyheim Hines (@ NE) TNF

Mike Williams (vs. OAK)

Keke Coutee (vs. DAL)

All have plus matchups or should see favorable game scripts. Mixon looks to be on track to play this week, which is great news. I'm thinking that this will likely come down to either choosing between Hines or Breida, with Mixon getting the start (so long as he's active on Sunday). 

#118 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 04:04 PM

Decided to spend a sizable amount of my FAAB on Nyheim Hines

Who?

https://youtu.be/3F0rPFASUXY
@BSLMikeRandall

#119 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:49 AM

Matt Ryan at the Steelers or Cam home against the Giants?

#120 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:54 AM

Matt Ryan at the Steelers or Cam home against the Giants?

I'd lean towards Ryan.  Even though it's on the road, Atlanta and Pitt have atrocious defenses so it will likely be a shootout.

• Mackus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=