Photo

Who is the most famous person you've met?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:13 PM

I met Seth a couple of times. 

I hear he's a big deal.

He’s no David Hogg!

#22 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:16 PM

He’s no David Hogg!

Seth's younger. GIVE HIM TIME!

#23 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:53 PM

Mike Tyson
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#24 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:21 PM

Kathie Lee Gifford.

#25 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:19 PM

If we're talking in passing, I've been within 50 feet of Bush 41, Bush 43, and Obama. The Bush family vacationed just north of the Fort Myers area of Florida while I was stationed there in the CG. When they would take their boat out we would meet secret service at the dock and then when the family would go out, we would assist in providing security. A day I wasn't working Bush 41 and 43, and the daughters made it a point to come over and shake the crews hands, give thanks, before heading out. 

Obama made two trips to Baltimore City on days I worked in the fire department in which our Engine had to be on standby incase of emergency where his helicopters landed. He walked toward where we were staged to get into the motorcade and go on his way. 

I know that's not "meeting someone famous", but to have seen in person, within talking distance, three Presidents on four occasions is pretty cool. 

• BSLChrisStoner and SBTarheel like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#26 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:31 PM

Oprah Winfrey....but it was back when she worked at WJZ, before she really became famous.

As for post-fame....Bill Gates, Michael Bloomberg, or Colin Powell. Take your pick.

#27 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:32 PM

Most famous person I've actually shaken hands with and shared words with: Ray Lewis. I served him at Red Robin. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#28 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:41 PM

I once had an affair with Gandhi.

Oh, the passion.  The forbidden pleasure.  He used to dip his bald head in oil..

• BSLChrisStoner and Markus like this

@fuzydunlop

#29 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:45 PM

Most random famous person I've met: Dennis Haskins, a.k.a., Mr. Belding form Saved by the Bell. He does motivational speaking I guess, and again, at Red Robin, he came in with a bunch of kids on their way to do some engagement at Stevenson College. He's put on some weight since leaving Bayside.

@BSLMikeRandall

#30 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:11 AM

Most famous person I've actually shaken hands with and shared words with: Ray Lewis. I served him at Red Robin. 

I served Tom Green while I worked at Ruby Tuesday's. 

Another thing: I apparently served my former boss (at my old job) several times while I worked there, too. She remembered me after I told her (there were two black guys, and the other one was the bartender, so it was pretty easy to single me out). 

• Mike in STL likes this

#31 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:13 AM

I served Tom Green while I worked at Ruby Tuesday's. 

Another thing: I apparently served my former boss (at my old job) several times while I worked there, too. She remembered me after I told her (there were two black guys, and the other one was the bartender, so it was pretty easy to single me out). 

That's a name I haven't heard in a while. What ever happened to him?

@BSLMikeRandall

#32 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:18 AM

He was on For The Love Of Ray J on VH1 (back when the "Of Love" shows were at their peak). He had one of my all-time favorite stupid moments of reality TV history.

Other than that...really not much. He shows up here and there, but mostly stays away from the limelight.

#33 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:29 AM

I had the privilege of meeting Sir Sean Connery in the mid 90's while walking around St. Andrews in Scotland.  My family was touring and he had just finished playing a round of golf.  He talked with us for a good 10 minutes and was every bit as excellent, funny and charismatic as you would hope in meeting one of your favorite actors.  I have and will remember that encounter always! 

• BSLChrisStoner, RShack, DuffMan and 1 other like this

#34 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:18 PM

http://www.magoobysj...om/events/23314

• Mike in STL likes this

#35 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:57 AM

http://www.magoobysj...om/events/23314

Holy shit fam, lol.

#36 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:59 AM

I think I told this story here before...

I was coming home from my honeymoon and we had a layover in Charlotte.  I went to Starbucks there to get a coffee.  There was an African American girl in front of me that didn't have any money on her and was fumbling through her stuff looking for her wallet.  I just decided to buy her coffee to help her out.

She looked familiar but I couldn't place it.  I looked down and saw a bag of tennis rackets and realized it was Venus Williams. 

So I basically bought Venus Williams a coffee because she didn't have any money

• BSLChrisStoner, You Play to Win the Game, The Epic and 1 other like this
@Miller192

#37 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:14 PM

Probably Ben Carson for me.  He was my brother's surgeon a couple times, successfully removed a brain tumor.

• BSLChrisStoner, SBTarheel, You Play to Win the Game and 2 others like this

#38 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:48 PM

For me , I say it would have to be a tie between Brooks Robinson and John Unitas.  They were my childhood hero's and I got to meet them each a few times.  

Also met Paul Newman in his restaurant in Monterey, California but that was over shadowed by a small earthquake that occurred, when we were there eating lunch.

• RShack likes this
@mikeghg

#39 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:59 PM

For me , I say it would have to be a tie between Brooks Robinson and John Unitas.  They were my childhood hero's and I got to meet them each a few times.  

Also met Paul Newman in his restaurant in Monterey, California but that was over shadowed by a small earthquake that occurred, when we were there eating lunch.

There is no way for any normal person to top those 3....

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#40 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:18 PM

I've had a lot of vague interactions with members of the Orioles organization with the tours, as you might expect. Elevator rides, waiting on the side before an event, that kind of thing. Small-talked with all of the various broadcasters and analysts while touring the press levels. I've had conversations with guys like Al Bumbry (who is the best). Shook hands with Dick Vitale while he was on a tour (in a different group than me). Had Ernie Johnson tease me while with a group, though we didn't really "meet".

Met Dan Patrick with Sports Jeopardy. Interviewed Johnny Holliday for a class project while at Maryland (which was as nervous as I've ever been for anything in my life).

I think I've told this story before, but a few years ago at a corporate event at the ballpark, the company managed to bring in Eddie Murray (who was coming through on his way to that year's Hall of Fame induction ceremony, I think). A group of us guides were waiting near the dugout when Murray came on to the field and walked past us. He came right up to us, shook each of our hands, and said, "Hi, I'm Eddie Murray," which dumbfounded me, because, yeah, we know who you are.

• SBTarheel and Mike in STL like this
@DJ_McCann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=