#1 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

This might be a fun topic/distraction...

Please share a true/real experience that has happened to you personally, or at least a close family member or friend, that would fall into the realm of the Paranormal, the Supernatural, the Unexplained, or any other Other-Worldly encounter. Pictures and/or video are not expected, but would be very welcome.

I'll start:

This begins when I was ten-years old... My parents had heard a loud thud as I had fallen from the top bunk in the room I shared with my little brother, and discovered me thrashing about on the floor. My father rushed me to the emergency room and the doctors figured out that I had had a seizure. Whether I had a seizure while on the top bunk and then fell, or I fell to the floor while sleeping and the impact triggered a seizure was never determined.

I was given a drug called Phenobarbital, and was instructed to take it until further notice, as it was supposed to help with Epileptic activity. Unto itself, this is not an odd thing, but what happened thereafter certainly is...

One day soon after (I had already begun to take the medication), I was playing outside when I had the oddest sensation, and "saw" something both in my mind, and in the air before my face... at the same time. It's difficult for me to properly relay what I saw- even as a writer, but do your best to follow along.

This "vision" was of a plane crash... I saw a fire erupt about this big jet and everyone was killed horribly. I just knew that it was going to happen that night. How? I don't know, but I learned that as these things happened again and again, that I trusted my feelings on the matter, and I was NEVER wrong.

I immediately went to my mom and told her that there was going to be a plane crash later that day/night and a lot of people were going to die... and sure enough it happened, just as I described it. It has been many years ago (37) but I believe it might have been this crash in Morocco. Anyway, I continued to periodically receive visions of things to come, and I'll share one that has always stuck with me.

I saw the death of a Pope and knew that the 'new' Pope would die shortly after. I went to tell my mother as always and even drew a picture and stuck it on the front of our refrigerator... and image showing where the new Pope was going to die. I am not catholic and barely was aware of the Pope at that time. Sure enough, on August 6th,1978, Pope Paul VI died. His successor, Pope John Paul I, died seven weeks later on September 28th. When the first Pope died my mother was nervous, for she was a Christian woman, and she had come to know that when I predicted a death or anything else for that matter, it happened. We were watching television the night the second Pope died, and there it was on the screen, just like the image I left on the fridge... the building where the Pope died. Here's a piece on the events that year.

I was being weened off of Phenobarbital at that time and it was among the last visions I got. The last one I can recall came at a softball game, where my Dad was playing. My mother asked me to come over and meet one of the player's pregnant wife. My mother asked me in front of the young woman if she was going to have a boy or a girl, and without hesitation I responded knowingly, that she was to have twins... a boy and a girl, with blonde hair and blue eyes, just like their mother...You know the rest.

#2 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

My father died in March 2002. A couple of days after his passing my mother and I were sitting talking in the living room. The TV was on but we weren't really paying attention to it. During a lull in the conversation, I looked at the TV and said "That crap show 'Touched By An Angel' is on". My mother laughed a little and said that my father would never let her watch a show like that. Just then, the channel changed. The remote was on the table and nobody was near the TV.

The next morning we were in the kitchen and I was making coffee. It was regular and my dad always drank decaf on account of a heart issue. My mom pointed at my coffee and said how my father couldn't drink it anymore and he'd probably be enjoying a cup now. Just then, the lid flew off the jar of the coffee grounds. I'd even screwed it shut.

Anyway, my father died rather suddenly at a relatively young age (60). I'd like to think it was just his way of letting us know he was all right.

#3 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

That's crazy Greg.

The only thing I've got is a candle "blowing" out in a restaurant basement with no fans on, no breeze to speak of. It was a dinner we had right after attending a family members viewing.

#4 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

My father died in March 2002. A couple of days after his passing my mother and I were sitting talking in the living room. The TV was on but we weren't really paying attention to it. During a lull in the conversation, I looked at the TV and said "That crap show 'Touched By An Angel' is on". My mother laughed a little and said that my father would never let her watch a show like that. Just then, the channel changed. The remote was on the table and nobody was near the TV.

The next morning we were in the kitchen and I was making coffee. It was regular and my dad always drank decaf on account of a heart issue. My mom pointed at my coffee and said how my father couldn't drink it anymore and he'd probably be enjoying a cup now. Just then, the lid flew off the jar of the coffee grounds. I'd even screwed it shut.

Anyway, my father died rather suddenly at a relatively young age (60). I'd like to think it was just his way of letting us know he was all right.

Eerie. Sorry to read about your loss.

#5 lordbrook

lordbrook
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

I'm the skeptic of all skeptics when it comes to the paranormal, divinity, etc., but I'm also realistic enough to know that I know very little so I try to keep an open mind. I can't say that I've ever had any paranormal experience myself, but my mom swears she knew she was going to have 2 kids but raise 3 because a ouija board told her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=