#1 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

So right...I loved it.

They gave Flacco control, the audibled in and out of shot gun. Though I'd like to see more shotgun. The hard count worked great. Flacco seemed to be in good control of that.

The back shoulder throw to Jones was perfect in play call and execution. Flacco/Boldin had that going in a few games last year, I'm glad to see Joe trying to work on it with Jones (still think Jones HAS to catch that ball in the regular season).

Curious others thoughts. I'm not so worried about the calls at this point, just how they implement each play individually as I doubt there was a ton of gameplanning going on.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

Its what many of us have been asking this team to do for a while.

Its been obvious that Joe is comfortable out of the shot gun and in the no huddle.

We have also seen teams be successful with the no huddle vs our defense and yet the Ravens never went to that strategy themselves.

But I need to see them do it in the regular season for this to matter.

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Big fan of the Sugar Huddle. It causes problems for the opposition, and I think will keep Flacco in a better rhythm.

I've argued for sometime that I wanted to see Flacco and the Ravens adopt the early '90s Bills K-Gun offense. This is close to that.

I guess Caldwell has to get some credit, if the Ravens more fully adopt the use of the Sugar Huddle this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=