#901 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:40 PM

Still one of my favorite albums...

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#902 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:08 PM

Another great 'live' album...

media][/media]

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#903 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:02 PM

Gone too soon.

#904 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:35 PM

#905 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:49 PM

Saw Halestorm last night.  Man, can Lzzy Hale sing.  Incredibly powerful voice, great stage presence.  I'm disappointed they only played an hour, but they were great.  She's a true talent, they don't need to touch her up digitally too much in the studio.

Openers were New Year's Day and Starset, so it was one of the few times I actually knew who all the bands were.  NYD is just OK, my opinion of them didn't change.  They lean a bit more goth and I don't think they're lyrically great, but still no complaints about them as an opener. 

Starset I like quite a lot, and I was expecting them to be bad because electronic doesn't really translate well to a stage like that IMO.  The part of the performance they were able to do was great though, they do a really good job with with the imagery on stage, and it's cool how the space suits the band wears are synced up with the light shows for the music.  Their singer is pitchy live, which might just be because he sounds a bit whiny recorded anyway, but I didn't notice it overall.  The problem is, they blew out their equipment and were unable to finish their set.  Tickets were cheap and they were great before that happened, so I wasn't too pissed off.  Still disappointing though.

#906 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

#907 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:27 PM

A great version by Page & Plant...

#908 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:55 PM

Kaleo slayed it live, phenomenal show.

Little disappointed ZZ Ward was sick.  Don't go to a concert with me to see the middle act, I'm not having good luck with them.

• Icterus galbula likes this

#909 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:04 AM

Goddamn I love AC/DC. Made the comment on OH a decade ago that I preferred Back in Black and Highway to Hell over Pet Sounds. That may not hold up now, but those Young brothers power chords still hit me in all the right places
  • Dupin likes this

#910 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:31 AM

And Bon Scott crushes Brian Johnson

Let there be rock

#911 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:55 AM

I saw Halestorm open for Staind and Shinedown several years ago... she really does have an incredibly good, powerful voice.
  • Dupin likes this

#912 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,616 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:06 AM

New Liam Gallagher album, ‘As You Were’.

#913 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:13 AM

Goddamn I love AC/DC. Made the comment on OH a decade ago that I preferred Back in Black and Highway to Hell over Pet Sounds. That may not hold up now, but those Young brothers power chords still hit me in all the right places

I'm so glad I got to see them on the last tour they actually were AC/DC and not just Angus Young and some dudes.

• Icterus galbula likes this

#914 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:16 PM

#915 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

#916 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:46 PM

New Wu yo. Has a few good tracks.

@fuzydunlop

#917 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,616 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:59 PM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=BIQdUJ04iNY

#918 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:22 PM

Humble Pie Rockin the Fillmore, May 28-29, 1971!

#919 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,616 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:28 PM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=nAEz6tn-O4A

#920 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:46 PM

This has been a great year for me in terms of seeing some of my favorite bands.  Breaking Benjamin's acoustic show last night was incredible, and it was in a theater so they actually sounded pretty decent.  Roughly 2 hours of some of their best music acoustic style, and Adam Gontier came out mid show to do a couple songs.  Did not mind there was no opening act, I got exactly what I paid for.

Although I am a bit sad they didn't play Dear Agony.  Still, found out they have a new album coming out soon so that's great.

Also funny when bands don't play their biggest song and act like they're done for the night.  Like dudes, we know you weren't leaving without playing The Diary of Jane.

In other news, some captures of Evanescence's current tour have hit YouTube and I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed when I see them.  Yes Amy sounds incredible (really the reason I'm going), but she picked a weird selection of songs for this tour and this orchestral/EDM fusion crap sounds so boring compared to power of the normal rock backing.  I don't even know why she's touring with the rest of the band, they don't even play.  And to think how excited I was when I saw they were on tour and coming here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=