188 replies to this topic

#21 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:56 AM

Yeah, it almost feels like the books pushed this up into the double digits just to bait folks into the Colts. At home, must win, Colts injuries (Bostic and C), just seems like the formula is stacked against them. I could also see this be the game we pitch another shutout. Especially if the line gets after it. 

It's peculiar to say this, but I think keeping ZaDarius Smith healthy is key moving forward. He obviously bring a dynamic to the pass rush that we are not getting from anyone else...keeping/letting Mosely get healthy too would be really worthwhile. 

I would also love to see them try Bowser at ILB for at least some snaps if the game gets out of hand. Let him show off that athleticism and see if he has the chops to at least cover some guys in space in a man coverage type setting. That'd be a great sub for us to bring in against the Kelce, James, M. Lewis (who we can't seem to cover), and Gronk. 

I didn't watch all that closely last week, and likely won't watch all that closely again this week for the same reasons. 

#22 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:38 PM

Seems like a lot of points for this Raven team to give, but I would not touch Indy. I really think the Ravens roll in this one.

I am really excited to get out to this game. Can't wait, screw the rain, I have gotten wet before. Let's go Ravens!

Garrett Downing:

In the Ravens' eight wins this season, they've outscored opponents 231-73. All of their wins have been by at least a TD.
  • JordanKough likes this

#23 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:56 PM

This kind of proves the theory of if the defense is clicking we win big. But also shows when the defense is clicking, we're pretty darn good. Though the Lions win is really the only one of note. 

It's interesting that the Ravens have the 3rd best point differential in the AFC this year and 7th in the league. I guess that's a bit more in line with what DVOA has to say about the Ravens if you're into that kind of thing. 

#24 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:25 PM

Garrett Downing:

In the Ravens' eight wins this season, they've outscored opponents 231-73. All of their wins have been by at least a TD.

In their 8 wins this season only one team is over .500 (Lions). The combined record of the other 7 teams we've beat is 28-70. Of those 28 wins 14 of them came with QBs we didn't face (Rodgers, Carr, Watson).
  • Mackus likes this

#25 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,152 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:38 PM

I think its possible that the Ravens have had the easiest schedule in NFL history this season.  It'd be tough to quantify, but it's insane how bad the teams we've played at the times we've played them are.

#26 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:43 PM

I think its possible that the Ravens have had the easiest schedule in NFL history this season.  It'd be tough to quantify, but it's insane how bad the teams we've played at the times we've played them are.

It really, really seems like the teams have been huggably, squeezably soft. 

#27 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:50 PM

Colts are a terrible team. The Ravens have crushed terrible teams this year aside from the one Bears game which I still hold was incredibly fluky. 

I would bet the Ravens win by 2 scores.

@gabefergy

#28 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:51 PM

I think its possible that the Ravens have had the easiest schedule in NFL history this season. It'd be tough to quantify, but it's insane how bad the teams we've played at the times we've played them are.

I would think so. No way for us to have the means or the time to actually research it but I find it hard to believe it could be any easier. Especially in the salary cap era where they've tried to have more parity.

#29 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:01 PM

I would think so. No way for us to have the means or the time to actually research it but I find it hard to believe it could be any easier. Especially in the salary cap era where they've tried to have more parity.

The articles are almost a month old but they say the Eagles and Rams played the easiest schedules through mid-November.

I do agree ours has to be the easiest, possibly ever, but there had to have been years when a team played a string of bad teams/bad QB's in the 80's when there were like, 3 good QB's in the NFL.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#30 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:09 PM

I put money on the '79 Bucs for easiest schedule ever.

W DET 2-14

W BAL 5-11

W GB 5-11

W LAR 9-7

W CHI 10-6

L NYG 6-10

L NO 8-8

W GB 5-11

W MIN 7-9

L ATL 6-10

W DET 2-14

W  NYG  6-10

L MIN 7-9

L CHI 10-6

L SF 2-14

W KC 7-9

They beat the 11-5 Eagles before losing to the 11-7 Rams

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#31 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:27 PM

Given that they've played the Steelers twice, the Vikings and the Jags, I doubt that they've had the EASIEST schedule, but it's definitely around the bottom. 

#32 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,152 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:34 PM

I put money on the '79 Bucs for easiest schedule ever.

Yeah that's awful, good find.

That TB team's opponents were 97-159 which is a win percentage of .379.  Ravens 16 opponents currently have a combined 99-105 record for a .442 winning percentage. 

Maybe a better thing to say would be the Ravens have perhaps gone against the weakest combined offenses in NFL history.  Much harder to quantify, but the parade of backup, third-string, or just awful starting QBs we've gone against this year is ridiculous.

#33 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:39 PM

That TB team's opponents were 97-159 which is a win percentage of .379.  Ravens 16 opponents currently have a combined 99-105 record for a .442 winning percentage. 

Maybe a better thing to say would be the Ravens have perhaps gone against the weakest combined offenses in NFL history.  Much harder to quantify, but the parade of backup, third-string, or just awful starting QBs we've gone against this year is ridiculous.

But whats our winning % going to be for us once you take out those 14 wins Rodgers, Carr, and Watson have and eventually add in the final records of the Colts and Bengals. Granted you cant assume EJ Manuel, Hundley, and TJ Yates/Savage would have lost all the games that Rodgers, Carr, and Watson won but still. 

#34 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,152 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:44 PM

But whats our winning % going to be for us once you take out those 14 wins Rodgers, Carr, and Watson have and eventually add in the final records of the Colts and Bengals. 

I included the Colts and Bengals records already, so they are there as are every team through 14 games.  Our opponents already have 2 more wins through 14 weeks than the Bucs opponents did through 16, so even if our opponents collectively went 0-32 (which is impossible because there are head-to-head matchups) TB would still end up with the worse opponent's record.

If you discounted our games against GB, Miami, Oakland, and Houston, that would lower the record some.  How much would depend on how much you reduce their win totals to reflect their "true level" during the games against us.  Those backup QBs have won some games (we're not including Minnesota here because their backup has been better than the starter, for example), so you can't just say those teams are as bad as the Browns. 

#35 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:47 PM

Ha. Thanks. Glad I could impress you.

I've actually always had a curious fascination with them since they went from 0-14 to the NFCCG in a short period of time and then promptly sucked again for the next 20 years.

Plus those creamsicle uniforms are hands down the best NFL jerseys ever.

• Hooded Viper likes this

#36 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:30 PM

Plus those creamsicle uniforms are hands down the best NFL jerseys ever.

Whoa. 

Whoa.

Charger blue uniforms, buddy.

#37 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:31 PM

Whoa. 

Whoa.

Charger blue uniforms, buddy.

No way.

#38 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:56 PM

No way.

Sean. I swear I will fight you over this. 

(I kid!)

#39 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:29 PM

Ravens have played garbage QBs..but those QBs put up good numbers in some of the gmss against other teams.

Hundley kept the Packers in it, despite a banged up team around him...he almost won in Pitt.

Of course, the ravens have had a shit ton of injuries themselves and could have easily been one of these shitty teams that struggles to win 5 games. That didn’t happen.

With the weapons Joe has had around him and the injuries to the line, it’s amazing that this team did enough to be able to be at the point they are in.

#40 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:13 PM

Quick trivia question for those of you who haven't looked at ESPNs Power Rankings this week

What current Ravens player has the most Pro Bowl appearances and how many do they have?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=