http://www.nfl.com/n...loss-to-broncos

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,151 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:11 PM

I don't think we can win even if Carr misses the game.  Zero confidence in the offense.  Line, Flacco, WRs and RBs are all struggling.  Basically Watson is playing well and that's it.  Maybe some of those units play better, but I don't see most of them getting on the same page enough to score enough to beat Oakland even with Manuel at QB.

#3 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

Mack is going to have a field day.

Oakland isn't very good right now...but neither are we.

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,673 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:33 PM

I expect Carr to play and do not like our chances.

Hopefully this is one of those streaks where everything adds up to bad, but it passes and we get the wheels back on the cart and still have a good season.

I cringed when I saw this stretch on our schedule.  It got worse when we got destroyed in London.  I am still pissed, that the league put Pitt in between London and Oakland but we have not played well enough to matter or argue about.

@mikeghg

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:22 PM

Derek Carr is out 2-4 weeks

#6 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:34 PM

This could be a huge break for the Ravens.

Raiders defense is good, but outside of Mack they don't have anyone that scares you. Just keep a TE/RB in to help out in pass pro. It's definitely a chance for the offense to get things going.

With Carr out I don't expect the Raiders to really threaten the Ravens offense vertically. Cooper has been bad and Crabtree banged up. Lynch has done little.

@gabefergy

#7 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:49 PM

I said I felt they had to go 3-2 in the first 5 games. Don’t care how you do it and don’t care that Carr isn’t playing, find a way to win this game.

#8 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:08 PM

I expect Carr to play and do not like our chances.

Hopefully this is one of those streaks where everything adds up to bad, but it passes and we get the wheels back on the cart and still have a good season.

I cringed when I saw this stretch on our schedule.  It got worse when we got destroyed in London.  I am still pissed, that the league put Pitt in between London and Oakland but we have not played well enough to matter or argue about.

Lol report came out about the same time you posted this.....  Its depressing day had to laugh at something.

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#9 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:59 PM

Chances go up a decent amount with Carr out. I would have given us a 15-20% chance with him playing. With Manuel I think we are around 40%.

#10 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:45 AM

EJ Manuel owns the Ravens.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,673 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:29 PM

EJ Manuel owns the Ravens.

He will only be successful if we allow him to stay back there forever.

Time for Tim WIlliams to get some run....  If we get pressure, we have a good chance to win.

@mikeghg

#12 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:46 PM

Sounds more and more like Jimmy Smith is not going to play. Not good. Then again Humphrey has been good so drop-off won't be awful. Hopefully.

Sucks that Smith just can't stay on the field for 16 games.

@gabefergy

#13 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

Still don't think the Ravens win this game. Going to be an ugly 19-16 type loss.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#14 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:05 PM

Still don't think the Ravens win this game. Going to be an ugly 19-16 type loss.

They're still underdogs going against Manuel but this game has gone from little chance to near toss up. That's a very nice break for a team that is reeling. Would be nice to see them take advantage of it.

#15 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:50 PM

I definitely expect this to be a game where the team with the best defense that day wins. We're going to have to prove we can stop Lynch early and often.

#16 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,673 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:29 AM

A win, even an ugly win would be big today.  The injuries have piled up, Joe has been bad, and the schedule the last three weeks, probably not fair, but escaping today and coming out 3 and 2 would be a large plus.

As for Carr, I am not convinced he doesn't play, but if he sits good for us.  The Ravens certainly do not have to worry about another teams injuries.

@mikeghg

#17 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,151 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:54 AM

Don't think we win even against Manuel. Raiders 17 Ravens 13

If the defense scores or sets up short fields or we get a ST score then we can win.

#18 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

We have got to run the damn ball effectively today.  If we can't do that we are truly fucked.

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:57 PM

It's a huge game for the Ravens, in-terms of any pretense about making the playoffs.

You've lost back-to-back conference games.  You need this head-to-head road win.

If you can't beat Manuel, the season is basically over.

And the pressure is on for Joe... he needs to look better today... even with the line issues, and mediocre running game.

#20 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:41 PM

Carr officially inactive. Have to win this one if they fancy themselves playoff contenders.
@gabefergy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=