• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:05 AM

BSL: Previewing Week 3: Ravens at Jaguars (In London!)
http://baltimorespor...jaguars-london/

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:12 AM

I'll be there!

• BSLChrisStoner, SportsGuy, JordanKough and 1 other like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:45 AM

I'm not sure how I feel about my team playing at 930 am. Don't know how West coasters do it

#4 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:56 AM

Hey, so remember when Rob got got on April Fools Day (I believe) and thought it was pretty cool how the Ravens were going to be traveling to London via ship?
  • McNulty and GabeFerguson like this

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,151 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:56 AM

I'm having some friends over for a traditional English breakfast before we watch the game.  Bring a bit of London to Baltimore while the Ravens are in London.

#6 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

I'm having some friends over for a traditional English breakfast before we watch the game.  Bring a bit of London to Baltimore while the Ravens are in London.

We were talking about doing this too with a fantasy group. I mean what is a traditional English breakfast? 

I don't hate early start but if you're a fan of a West Coast team playing in a London game, how do you even watch? Or I should say, is it any fun to get up a 6:30 AM to watch a game. 

#7 MDtransplant757

MDtransplant757
  • Members
  • 391 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:04 AM

9:30 start time. At least I'm going to a sports bar to watch it. I can just do it on my laptop. Woooohoooo

#8 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:06 AM

We were talking about doing this too with a fantasy group. I mean what is a traditional English breakfast? 

I don't hate early start but if you're a fan of a West Coast team playing in a London game, how do you even watch? Or I should say, is it any fun to get up a 6:30 AM to watch a game. 

I have a friend in Vancouver who has adopted the Ravens as his team. He's waking up at 5 to make breakfast and start drinking before the game. I mean, any excuse to wake up early and start drinking is OK with me.

Hell, we have a 4:30 AM train to the airport after the game Sunday. I might just stay up the whole night.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#9 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:06 AM

Usually a full English breakfast is bacon, sausages, eggs, baked beans, black pudding, grilled tomatoes and toast.  It's damn good BTW.  There are a lot of variations as well.

#10 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:11 AM

If I lived in the West Coast, I'd wake up at 5 AM and do a heady day trip. Be feeling damn good by the 6:30 AM start time.

#11 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,712 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

Hey, so remember when Rob got on April Fools Day (I believe) and thought it was pretty cool how the Ravens were going to be traveling to London via ship?

Lololol. That was amazing

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#12 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:30 AM

Usually a full English breakfast is bacon, sausages, eggs, baked beans, black pudding, grilled tomatoes and toast.  

So you mean Sunday Breakfast? ;)

I guess I don't know that I've had black pudding, and I might skip the baked beans, but I guess culturally, most countries do about the same thing for breakfast anywhere...

#13 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:05 PM

Hey, so remember when Rob got on April Fools Day (I believe) and thought it was pretty cool how the Ravens were going to be traveling to London via ship?

Ok hold up I missed this. 

#14 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

That was bad.  LOL

Totally wasn't paying attention to the calendar!

• GabeFerguson likes this

#15 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

Ok hold up I missed this. 

Yea, harbaugh did a video and everything about it.  Talking about the positives of it, being able to practice on the boat, etc...LOL

#16 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:35 PM

BTW, this is a huge game.

The Jax offense looked like shit but their defense is very good and obviously, we have Oline issues.  Ramsey is shutting WR down.

This is a potential trap game.  You have the distractions of London, the idea of Pitt the following week and just played 2 division games.

A win this week really sets things up nicely.  A loss means you really need to win at least 1 of the Pitt/Oak games.

#17 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about my team playing at 930 am. Don't know how West coasters do it

It's actually kinda nice to have the games over by 1 and the rest of the day free to do whatever. 6:30 is going to be rough though.

@gabefergy

#18 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

BTW, this is a huge game.

The Jax offense looked like shit but their defense is very good and obviously, we have Oline issues.  Ramsey is shutting WR down.

This is a potential trap game.  You have the distractions of London, the idea of Pitt the following week and just played 2 division games.

A win this week really sets things up nicely.  A loss means you really need to win at least 1 of the Pitt/Oak games.

I agree big game but it'll be a travesty if we lose. Our defense has 8 turnovers. Blake Bortles is a TO machine. We should add to that total. Just have to protect the ball and establish the run. I don't care if it's ugly...heck, it probably will be very ugly. I just want the W.

#19 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:54 PM

The Jaguars defense is good. If they have a weakness it is against the run, so hopefully the Ravens  can take advantage there. Don't expect many points scored unless Bortles completely craps the bed (definitely possible).

@gabefergy

#20 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

Ravens get a defensive TD. Maybe 2. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users