#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,522 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:13 PM

The Browns lost to Pittsburgh 21-18.

ESPN: Why DeShone Kizer's NFL debut was important for Browns' future

ESPN Pat McManamon: The most pleasant surprise for the Browns in Week 1 was the composure shown by DeShone Kizer, who did not get rattled when the Browns fell behind 7-0 early and 21-10 late. Kizer stayed with the plan and the offense, kept the Browns in the game, and drew praise from both his teammates and the Steelers.

BSL: Ravens vs. Browns: 5 Things I Want To See

http://baltimorespor...hings-want-see/

BSL: Previewing Week 2: Ravens vs. Browns
http://baltimorespor...-browns-ravens/

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:28 PM

Their defense looked good too....but the OLine gave up 7 sacks.

#3 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:38 AM

Their defense looked good too....but the OLine gave up 7 sacks.

I didnt see anything from that game but 7 sacks is a whole lot. They tried to rebuild the OL as well.

I think its going to be another low scoring game, but give me the Ravens at home.
@gabefergy

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,669 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:19 AM

I think any team with a weak Offensive Line is going to have a big problem when they play the Ravens.

I look for Pees to dial up some blitz packages to make Kiser work.  Hopefully, the crowd gets going and the Ravens feed off of it.

@mikeghg

#5 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:15 PM

Cleveland always scares me. Even at home. They have a way of playing us tight every frickin time it seems. Hopefully we come out loose and dominate on the defensive side like we did against the Bengals. Offense is still a question mark. But as long as Joe doesn't throw the game away, I like our chances.

#6 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

On our season long Bingo board, the Browns games are always the free space.  Let's try not to screw that up this year.

#7 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:25 AM

I'm really interested to see how we attack in the first half. I really liked what we saw from the Woodhead based offensive sets in the 1st drive against Cinci. Can we replace that? Replicate that? 

I also want to see Joe take a shot deep, like a real deep shot on a play action pass where he has a good look. 

It's actually really great this is the Browns and it's home. It's like another week to get in a rhythm on offense before we face a pretty good run of defenses. 

#8 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:41 AM

Just don't turn the ball over. Do that and we win.

• Mackus likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#9 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,669 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:12 PM

I'm really interested to see how we attack in the first half. I really liked what we saw from the Woodhead based offensive sets in the 1st drive against Cinci. Can we replace that? Replicate that? 

I also want to see Joe take a shot deep, like a real deep shot on a play action pass where he has a good look. 

It's actually really great this is the Browns and it's home. It's like another week to get in a rhythm on offense before we face a pretty good run of defenses. 

I actually think the Browns have a good defense.

I also think you will see the deep ball of the play action a few times.  A couple of 2nd and 2 deep passes.

We have to be able to utilize the speed Perriman, Wallace and Maclin bring to the table.

@mikeghg

#10 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:19 PM

Posted Today, 08:04 PM
Unless Flacco throws some dumb INTs ...I don't see how this game is much more than a laugher....Rookie QB on the road...massive Homefield for the Ravens...a defense with swagger...

27-10 and honestly it will take a Ravens offensive mistake to get to 10.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
Roll Tide

#11 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:53 AM

I actually think the Browns have a good defense.

Eh, they are solid in the front 7, more against the run than pass as well, but those back 4 are bad. I agree that we should take some shots. 

Then again, I don't think we should open up the playbook too much. Keep running it, showing different looks on the ground. I'm totally fine with grinding out a win again. 

#12 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:55 AM

You win how you have to win...but taking some more shots in the intermediate and down field passing game starts to become necessary.

#13 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:56 AM

I'm really looking forward to the game. Excited to get back down there and be a part of the whole experience. As bad as the NFL can be and as frustrating it is to shell out so much money for a PSL and tickets, there's still a lot to enjoy on game day.

I'm also excited about the London game, although these damn terrorist attacks do have me worried, I'm not going to lie. And an NFL game, or fans dressed in NFL gear taking trains and walking around London make for a big target.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#14 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:58 AM

You win how you have to win...but taking some more shots in the intermediate and down field passing game starts to become necessary.

Yeah, but not necessarily in this game. And again, why give anything up, and why put guys at risk of injury. 

I think we'll take more shots though. Joe and the WRs and OL now have had 2 weeks together, gotta get some of those wrinkles out now. Though Maclin seems to be a nice fit so far. 

But a repeat of the first half of last week is just fine with me. Get up 17-0 early, and then take the air out of the football if you can sustain a couple long drives. 

#15 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,669 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:46 PM

I think the Ravens will begin to take shots starting this week.  Cleveland will more than likely play 7 in the box early in the game and if we have success pounding the ball, they will begin to sneak others in.  The play action will come into play this weekend.

@mikeghg

#16 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,669 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

The comical thing to me, is reporters and fans are talking about the lack of passing last week.  A lot of the same that, complained about all the passing this year.

The Ravens will take shots, mainly to prove they can.

@mikeghg

#17 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:16 AM

The comical thing to me, is reporters and fans are talking about the lack of passing last week.  A lot of the same that, complained about all the passing this year.

The Ravens will take shots, mainly to prove they can.

I see this team staying vanilla until they don't have to. That's just smart football. They didn't take shots last week, Harbs isn't going to let his philosophy get dictated by the media (they didn't last year when they flung it everywhere). 

If there's a guy that wouldn't do something because the media said he should, it'd be Harbaugh and then he'd turn it into locker room motivation. 

#18 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:52 AM

If they're a playoff caliber team they'll win this game comfortably. No reason not to start the year 3-0

#19 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:01 AM

If they're a playoff caliber team they'll win this game comfortably. No reason not to start the year 3-0

That JVille defense is legit.  That won't be an easy game.

And since Pitt didn't win comfortably, does that mean they aren't a playoff caliber team?

#20 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:44 AM

That JVille defense is legit.  That won't be an easy game.

And since Pitt didn't win comfortably, does that mean they aren't a playoff caliber team?

You wanna bet Pitt wins comfortably at home. I wouldnt be saying that if this game were in Cleveland. Hell you get the added bonus of it being the home opener.

BTW I agree Jack isnt a cakewalk but no excuse not to beat Blake Bortles on a neutral field.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=