6460 replies to this topic

#5981 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 01:49 PM

They need to come up with a nickname at some point. They'll sell more stuff that way. Redwolves isn't bad.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#5982 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 15 January 2021 - 04:20 PM

Just drop Football Team.
Just be Washington.

They should pick a new name and mascot imo. So the Chiefs are keeping their name and so are the BlackHawks.

Why not just go with Crimson Tribe?

Roll Tide

#5983 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:55 AM

They should pick a new name and mascot imo. So the Chiefs are keeping their name and so are the BlackHawks.

Because they're burgundy .    :mrgreen:  

#5984 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 10:41 AM

CBS Sports: Washington signs quarterback Taylor Heinicke to two-year deal worth reported $8.75M
https://www.cbssport...reported-8-75m/

#5985 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,936 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 02:59 PM

Wasn't Crimson Tribe an OH poster?

#5986 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 03:03 PM

Wasn't Crimson Tribe an OH poster?

https://forum.baltim...6-crimsontribe/

#5987 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 06:34 PM

LOL why change the name from Redskins at all?

#5988 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 12:36 PM

LOL why change the name from Redskins at all?

Especially, when you said, you were 100% never going to do that.

#5989 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 03:30 PM

It’d be the ultimate troll-job. 

#5990 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,936 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:16 AM

Rumors about Bezos buying the WFT.  Probably nothing to it, but I guess I can dream.

Jeff Bezos reportedly linked to Washington Football Team as new majority owner (fox5dc.com)

#5991 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:29 PM

Rumors about Bezos buying the WFT.  Probably nothing to it, but I guess I can dream.

Jeff Bezos reportedly linked to Washington Football Team as new majority owner (fox5dc.com)

Now I saw on PFT he might be interested in buying the minority shares of those that want out.

• Nigel Tufnel likes this

#5992 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,936 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:55 AM

Sounds like Washington is getting ready to release Alex Smith.  It's the right move, but it's still a shame.

Alex Smith expected to part ways with Washington Football Team in coming days - The Washington Post

#5993 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 March 2021 - 12:10 PM

It also sounds like Smith still wants to play.  I am not sure that is a good idea, but his comeback was remarkable.

@mikeghg

#5994 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:03 PM

It also sounds like Smith still wants to play.  I am not sure that is a good idea, but his comeback was remarkable.

Yep. Good for him, but at that salary, and maybe it was just completely new injuries last year (but I don't think it was), but not the answer here. I'll be extremely surprised if he gets anywhere near a starting job.

@JeremyMStrain

#5995 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:51 PM

Yep. Good for him, but at that salary, and maybe it was just completely new injuries last year (but I don't think it was), but not the answer here. I'll be extremely surprised if he gets anywhere near a starting job.

Agreed, but an easy guy to root for.  His arm which was never a strength is gone and the injury took away his wheels.  He is a very smart QB.  I wonder if coaching is in his future?

@mikeghg

#5996 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:56 PM

Agreed, but an easy guy to root for.  His arm which was never a strength is gone and the injury took away his wheels.  He is a very smart QB.  I wonder if coaching is in his future?

I'd bet on him being a FAST rising coach in the very near future. I had kinda hoped that he would transition to that here, but hearing that he's not a big fan of the current coaching staff and how things went down, I'd bet on him going someplace like SF, LA, CIN, someplace with a young coach, to let him go QB Coach - OC - Head Coach in pretty quick fashion.

But yeah playing wise, you could see he wasn't REALLY back from that injury, either mentally, or physically he just couldn't escape pressure and he was taking way more hits than usual. Combine that with already weakened leg, not a good combo.

@JeremyMStrain

#5997 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,936 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 02:20 PM

Yeah, his ankle basically doesn't work because of nerve damage.  He has to have it taped in place because he can't lift or lower his foot.  Not being able to move one of your ankles probably tends to limit your mobility, and I think that's a permanent injury (I hope Tiger doesn't have this same issue).  And I also think his injury at the end of last year should have been fairly minor, but with his reassembled Frankenstein leg, everything takes much longer to heal.  You just can't rely on someone with those limitations as your starting QB, especially given the cap relief you get by cutting him.

• You Play to Win the Game and JeremyStrain like this

#5998 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 March 2021 - 04:34 PM

Yeah, his ankle basically doesn't work because of nerve damage.  He has to have it taped in place because he can't lift or lower his foot.  Not being able to move one of your ankles probably tends to limit your mobility, and I think that's a permanent injury (I hope Tiger doesn't have this same issue).  And I also think his injury at the end of last year should have been fairly minor, but with his reassembled Frankenstein leg, everything takes much longer to heal.  You just can't rely on someone with those limitations as your starting QB, especially given the cap relief you get by cutting him.

That's intense. I didn't realize it was still that bad. Nothing but respect for Alex Smith.

#5999 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,936 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 04:44 PM

Smith has foot drop, which means he is unable to lift up his right foot when he walks or runs. For more than a year, Smith and Muratore worked to find Smith an ankle foot orthosis, or AFO, to help him do what no one else is believed to have done before: play quarterback in the NFL after undergoing a limb salvage.

Alex Smith’s foot drop is the result of 17 surgeries to repair his right tibia and fibula after the severe injury he suffered during a game Nov. 18, 2018, and to clean out a bacterial infection that destroyed surrounding tissue. He now has a titanium rod in his tibia and muscles transferred from his other leg that provide coverage and blood flow.

What those muscles don’t provide, however, is the neurological function for dorsiflexion, or the ability to lift the foot up. His peroneal nerve was removed during the multiple debridements.

Here's how the Washington Post described it.  "Limb Salvage."  I guess it's actually a brace that holds his foot in place, not tape.

D6CEA2XJO4I6VP2EBUY4QWBYUU.jpg&w=916

Alex Smith's leg brace allows him to play football after injury - The Washington Post

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#6000 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 04:47 PM

I love the guy, but after reading these posts I hope that Alex Smith retires.

It's hard for me to believe that the guy can protect himself adequately on a field of play at this point.

<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=