HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

CBS Sports: Wizards Off-season Report
http://www.cbssports...hington-wizards

Pretty favorable write up. Thanks for posting, Chris.

I agree with most of the points that were made. In terms of what the team is going to pay these guys this coming season, production will probably fall short. However they finally have some high basketball IQ, team players surrounding John Wall, which is important.

What kind of player Beal becomes will go a long way in determining how bright the future is. They really need him to be a rookie of the year candidate, future all star consideration kind of guy. If that happens, he and Wall could form one of the best backcourts in the East and the future could look pretty bright.

The development of Booker and Seraphin will also be interesting to watch. Both showed flashes of very strong play last year. If one or both of them could take the next step forward, the future gets even brighter.

I still think this team misses the playoffs, but it's not out of the realm of possibility for them to contend for the 8th seed. I do think they would benefit from another solid lottery pick, but if they are close to making the playoffs then that should mean Wall and Beal have developed well and the veterans are pulling their weight. It should be a much more enjoyable season than 2011-12 was.

@AdamWolff

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Good Article and right on. I think they have gotten better because their current big guys seem to want to rebound and also understand the premise of help defense. Trust me, Bltache and McGee never read Bobby Knight's book on team D. Actually that would be a good read for Veseley.
Their hope for improvement, rests on development, of all the young guys especially John Wall. I have watched him for 2 years and I am still not sure he can be an elite point guard but maybe with better players aaround him, he can.
I agree with Adam's point that they could use another lottery pick, and I think that guy has to be a scorer. They are to the point where it can probably be at any position but even if Beal is the real thing, they still need another.
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=