92 replies to this topic

#81 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:18 PM

Im pretty flexible as well.  Sundays are no good for the next month. Thats the only day Im a definite no. 

#82 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:50 PM

I keep forgetting about Bel Air CC.  I am not 100% sure where it is up there but I am only about 15 min from Bel Air and the traffic isn't usually too bad going in that direction  (as opposed to going to a place like Hayfields and fighting 695 and 83).

BCC is Baltimore Country Club.  It's in Timonium.

You could drive over to Sparrows Point and they'll cut a deal for you.  They just did a $150 month, unlimited golf plan.  Nuts.

@Miller192

#83 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:53 AM

BCC is Baltimore Country Club. It's in Timonium.

You could drive over to Sparrows Point and they'll cut a deal for you. They just did a $150 month, unlimited golf plan. Nuts.

Yea but its Sparrows Point?! :)
  • Miller192 likes this

#84 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

I was looking into that club Miller...are you a "stockholder". Is that worth it?

#85 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:54 AM

Played Rocky Point yesterday.  Struck the ball real well, shot an 88 without making any putts over about 4-5 feet the whole round.

Also, a buddy in my group aced #11.  Well, sort of aced it.  They had the tees way forward making it tough to gauge the distance to play the shot as, with a strong wind and big downhill elevation change and no clear markings on the tee box.  He was between clubs and took the lesser club and hit it just short of the green.  There wasn't anyone behind us, so he said he was gonna hit another with the higher club, hit it right at the pin, one hop about 3 feet short and slowly rolled directly into the hole.  We let him call the first shot (on the fringe) unplayable and card a 3.

This was after I had my closest ever to an ace on #4.  Hit a nice shot a little bit short and right that took a perfect bounce directly back towards the pin, rolled at the cup with a bit too much pace and lipped around, past the hole by about 4 feet.  I missed the birdie putt, partially because my heart was still racing.

• SportsGuy likes this

#86 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:07 AM

I was looking into that club Miller...are you a "stockholder". Is that worth it?

I am.

The only real benefit to being a stockholder is that I can pause my membership if a situation arises and come back at any point.  Those who aren't have to pay the difference in dues between the point they paused their membership and when rejoining.

If you want a say in maters, it also is beneficial as well.  I don't particularly care to.

@Miller192

#87 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:09 AM

Played Rocky Point yesterday.  Struck the ball real well, shot an 88 without making any putts over about 4-5 feet the whole round.

Also, a buddy in my group aced #11.  Well, sort of aced it.  They had the tees way forward making it tough to gauge the distance to play the shot as, with a strong wind and big downhill elevation change and no clear markings on the tee box.  He was between clubs and took the lesser club and hit it just short of the green.  There wasn't anyone behind us, so he said he was gonna hit another with the higher club, hit it right at the pin, one hop about 3 feet short and slowly rolled directly into the hole.  We let him call the first shot (on the fringe) unplayable and card a 3.

This was after I had my closest ever to an ace on #4.  Hit a nice shot a little bit short and right that took a perfect bounce directly back towards the pin, rolled at the cup with a bit too much pace and lipped around, past the hole by about 4 feet.  I missed the birdie putt, partially because my heart was still racing.

You didn't let him card the 1! Cmon man.
@BSLMikeRandall

#88 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:14 AM

He knew it wasn't truly legit.  After it dropped, he fell to his back and just screamed "f***!!!!!" a bunch of times because he was pissed that he finally got a hole-in-one and it didn't count.  We had to talk him into taking the 3 and using the 2nd shot.  He's one of the few guys I play with that pretty seriously follows the rules.

#89 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

I am.

The only real benefit to being a stockholder is that I can pause my membership if a situation arises and come back at any point.  Those who aren't have to pay the difference in dues between the point they paused their membership and when rejoining.

If you want a say in maters, it also is beneficial as well.  I don't particularly care to.

Can you just pause it every November and come back in March to avoid paying that money when you can't golf(because of weather)?

I'm assuming you can't do that, right?

#90 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

Can you just pause it every November and come back in March to avoid paying that money when you can't golf(because of weather)?

I'm assuming you can't do that, right?

Yeah, you can't do that.

It's only really for extenuating circumstances but if the board is fine with it, then its all good.

@Miller192

#91 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:33 PM

I hate how inconsistent my ball striking has become. Two weeks ago I was hitting everything crisp and on line. This past week I started missing the center of the face way too much. I fight my grip. I couldn't get a consistent feel from shot to shot and I usually knew standing over the ball how well I'd strike it just from the feel of the club in my hand.

#92 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:40 PM

My grip is always an issue for me.

#93 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:25 PM

My problem is making sure I shift my weight forward first in the down swing. When I do, I make some pro looking shots. When I don't, which is pretty often, I flip the wrists at impact, I come down over the top, shot is either fat, thin, or a slice. 

My other problem is getting up and down from just off the green. Where I should be be getting up and down turns into up up up down down. Up and down for par turns into a double bogey fast.

I flirt with breaking 90. If I could fix these issues i think I could flirt with breaking 80. I know it costs me at least 10 shots a round.

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=