#21 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:50 AM

Mitchell has turned into a viable option for Brady. He can be a big play threat that the Ravens will have to account for. If Bennett is healthy he can be a matchup problem as well.

It will be interesting to see how Pees gameplans for this one. On one hand, it makes sense to stick with what has worked.

Pees leans conservative and for the most part it works. Keep it simple and execute. Your defense will make a play or the offense will make a mistake. All it takes is one negative play and the odds tilt dramatically in your favor as the DC.

On the other hand, an offense that executes at a high level with a good plan can beat that type of defense. The Raiders did it, the Cowboys did or, and NE has done it before as well.

So should the Ravens try something different? Maybe go man heavy instead of the zone coverages Pees normally relies on? Blitzing heavily generally is not a good strategy against Brady, but if it can rattle him early it may have some merit.

We agree that it has worked to an extent.

OTOH, he is beating you either way...blitz or not.

At least with the blitz, maybe you can throw the timing off.

Would like to see them jam the receivers at the line to throw off the timing as well.

#22 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:34 PM

Stupid prediction (because it worked once before): I think we win comfortably. I think it's blow-for-blow until the second half, and then we start to pull away, kinda like the AFCCG in the Super Bowl year.

Bennett scares me more than anyone, TBH. I think he goes off this game.

#23 esporter

esporter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:44 PM

NE is not as good as they've been in years past, but they look really good compared to the rest of the league, which is shit.

Brady nursing a knee injury, Gronk out, Amendola out, best defensive player gone to CLE. Revis, who helped them beat us in 2014, also gone. 

I will be surprised if this game isn't competitive. We can hang with them. I think we come out hot and take one of our dreaded 10-0 leads again and naturally we give it up late in the 4th quarter, only to have Flacco and/or Tucker come through for a game winning drive at the very end.

Fuck it: We steal this one 24-23.

wordsbyevanporter.com

@esporter

#24 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

Isn't Bennett banged up a bit too? 

#25 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:36 PM

NE is not as good as they've been in years past, but they look really good compared to the rest of the league, which is shit.

Brady nursing a knee injury, Gronk out, Amendola out, best defensive player gone to CLE. Revis, who helped them beat us in 2014, also gone. 

I will be surprised if this game isn't competitive. We can hang with them. I think we come out hot and take one of our dreaded 10-0 leads again and naturally we give it up late in the 4th quarter, only to have Flacco and/or Tucker come through for a game winning drive at the very end.

Fuck it: We steal this one 24-23.

I am with you.  I feel good about this game.  The Ravens are not scared of the Patriots.  They will do what the Ravens do..they will go up there and physically beat on the Pats.  I think the Pats are tougher physically then they used to be, maybe because in part due to the Ravens, but I still think we can out physical them.  The Oline needs to play well and give Joe time.  He has played well up there and at times has outplayed the Diva.  I think the Ravens have a good chance to get them.  Ravens 27- Pats 24.  

@mikeghg

#26 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:18 PM

Isn't Bennett banged up a bit too? 

Yeah, but he has been. Given the way he's been playing, I'm not sure I'd put much weight into that.

#27 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:35 PM

Yeah, but he has been. Given the way he's been playing, I'm not sure I'd put much weight into that.

I'm not sure what this means...Last three games:

1 (catch) / 13 (yards) / 2 (targets).

3 / 22 / 5 

2 / 4 / 4

You'd not put much stock in Bennett or you'd not put much stock in those stats? 

He did go 7 / 102 / 7 against Seattle. 

But then the prior 3 games before that were

4 / 35 / 5

1 / 5 / 2

5 / 48 / 5

Seems like he can be taken out of games if you. 

And he doesn't serve as a real run blocking threat which makes me him much easier to defend when Gronk isn't in. Though Mosley has struggled against tight ends in the seam lately (IMO). 

• Mackus likes this

#28 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:40 PM

Bennett scares me more than anyone, TBH. I think he goes off this game.

14, 22, and 4 yards in the 3 games Gronk has missed lately (Gronk left in 1st quarter of middle game, missed other 2 entirely).  And the Ravens have done a real good job against tight ends this year, 25th most yards allowed and 27th most TDs allowed (rankings are from a fantasy site, so may be slightly inaccurate).

I don't think he's the guy we should be most afraid of.  Edelman has been getting tons of targets lately, that's where Brady looks to most often.  I also think they'll try to use Lewis and White as pass receivers.  Ravens have completely shut down the opponent's rushing attack, but have given up a decent amount of catches and yards out of the backfield.

#29 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:42 PM

I meant given that he has been playing. LOL.

• JordanKough likes this

#30 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:59 PM

I meant given that he has been playing. LOL.

Fair, I meant it in terms of him being able to be effective when I initially mentioned it. 

I read (maybe in a summary of the LA game) that he really didn't show any effort in run blocking and the writer (I don't remember where) was saying something about his nagging knee / ankle injuries still playing a part and him not being able to be effective every down TE (in general, but in particular with the nagging injuries). 

Who else is in their depth chart at TE anyway? Homamenwouwei? Also, they are down to just 3 WRs for this game. Edelman, Mitchell and Hogan. 

#31 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:42 PM

Mitchell is becoming the go to guy

#32 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:27 AM

Hogan is the guy to worry about IMO.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#33 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:28 PM

What's Bernard Pollard up to these days, does he have one more game in him? 

• You Play to Win the Game and JordanKough like this

#34 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:34 PM

I'm worried about Griff Whalen the most!

#35 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:15 PM

I'm worried about Griff Whalen the most!

Biff's grandson in Back to the Future II has to be the only other guy named Griff, ever, right?
@BSLMikeRandall

#36 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:06 PM

What's Bernard Pollard up to these days, does he have one more game in him? 

Eli to Tyree followed by Pollard knocking Brady out of the season in the first game after the Super Bowl has got to be up there on the kicked in the nuts scale for Pats fans.

#37 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:04 PM

The second half collapse in the 2006 afccg has to be up there too but that was in Indy. Don't sleep on the 2009 playoff drubbing we gave them too.
  • B00E00N00 likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#38 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:30 AM

The second half collapse in the 2006 afccg has to be up there too but that was in Indy. Don't sleep on the 2009 playoff drubbing we gave them too.

Is that the game (2009 vs Bal) when Brady on the ground tried to kick one of the Ravens' players?

#39 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:50 AM

No that was 2012 AFCCG.
  • B00E00N00 likes this

#40 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,290 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:46 AM

Balt Ravens.com: Eisenberg: Ravens Can Prove They Have Swagger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=