AFC North Pro Bowl Snubs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AHill463

AHill463
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:48 PM

The AFC pro bowl roster has been released, so the question becomes who got snubbed from the AFC North. With at least 2 possible 3 teams from the division playing post season ball it obvious some players were missed.

Ravens- Rice, Leach, Suggs, Lewis, Reed, Yanda, Ngata S

Steelers- Roethlisberger, Wallace, Pouncey, Palamalu, A. Brown (KR)

Cincinatti- A.J Green

Browns- No player representing.

Everyone know that the pro bowl is very much a popularity contest and its no doubt players will back out as the it gets closer. It''s also a given that many players wont be participating given there team makes the Super Bowl, but nonetheless the question is, "Who do you feel got snubbed from the AFC NORTH?

Baltimore is well represented with 7 players so its hard to find many snubs however Ladarius Webb deserved a look as he is having a solid season. I know Champ Bailey is a household name but its time to stop voting him in given his production has been minimal the last 3 years. Webb deserves to be in over Champ in my opinion.

Cincinnati- I will admit as I think Phillip Rivers is a solid QB he didnt deserve a pro bowl this year. I know he continues to throw for a lot of yards, but if a team goes through an 0-6 stretch its hard to pick the leader to a Pro Bowl. The AFC doesnt have the obvious picks for QB like Rogers and Brees, however I really think Andy Dalton deserved a spot. I have been really impressed with him this year (especially his poise) and feel the Dalton to Green connection could be an issue going forward for the other AFC North teams in the years to come.

Pittsburgh- I admit Im a homer and this is my team (Im being fair so dont ridicule me for liking the Steelers) Im not going to argue that Harrisson and Woodley were snubbed, because in my opinion they have missed most of the season so why should they be rewarded to be a pro bowl player. However, I will argue that Brett Kiesel should have been picked as well as Ike Taylor. Ike is now 31 and his years are limited however he shadows opposing teams best receiver week in and week out and has done a wonderful job. If he deserved to be in the pro bowl this would be the year.

I look forward to hearing other responses and opinions.

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:48 PM

Ike Taylor has been arguably the best defender on Pitt this year. I would agree that he should make it.

Keisel is good but DLine is so tough...you really have to have stood out in a major way.

#3 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

I want to say that Webb was a snub, but lets be honest. The pro bowl is a popularity show. How in the world can you say Ray Lewis is the best ILB or Champ Bailey is the best CB. There will always be players that should be in pro bowl or All-Pro, but are taking a back seat to name and NFL hierarchy.

This is the way off all sports; it is not a football isolated issue when fans are given a say in who is represented.
@Olsen_Don

#4 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

I want to say that Webb was a snub, but lets be honest. The pro bowl is a popularity show. How in the world can you say Ray Lewis is the best ILB or Champ Bailey is the best CB. There will always be players that should be in pro bowl or All-Pro, but are taking a back seat to name and NFL hierarchy.

This is the way off all sports; it is not a football isolated issue when fans are given a say in who is represented.

It isn't just football but let's face more so in that sport, it is a honor more than anything and nice excuse to go to Hawaii.
@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=