• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Points have been made both sides, enough of the side issue. Back to volleyball discussion.

I think the indoor game is a better game, but I respect how difficult the 2 person game is, and moving on the sand (though compacted for competition).
  • Chris B likes this

#22 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

Points have been made both sides, enough of the side issue. Back to volleyball discussion.

I think the indoor game is a better game, but I respect how difficult the 2 person game is, and moving on the sand (though compacted for competition).

It's amazing how accurate they have to be with their setting in the beach game since there is only one other person that can hit it. Last night there was an amazing exchange in the US game towards the end of the 2nd set.
@JeremyMStrain

#23 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

It's amazing how accurate they have to be with their setting in the beach game since there is only one other person that can hit it. Last night there was an amazing exchange in the US game towards the end of the 2nd set.

Absolutely. I really enjoy watching both beach and indoor. They might be my two favorite Olympic events. Thankfully the USA is (one of) the best in both sports for both men and women.

#24 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

Absolutely. I really enjoy watching both beach and indoor. They might be my two favorite Olympic events. Thankfully the USA is (one of) the best in both sports for both men and women.

Yeah my wife played HS and college (setter, not the tall ones) so she watches every game. I like the Volleyball ones though, they've been pretty good, and gotta love hearing Destiny Hooker 400 times a broadcast. I still laugh when I hear it.
@JeremyMStrain

#25 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

Yeah my wife played HS and college (setter, not the tall ones) so she watches every game. I like the Volleyball ones though, they've been pretty good, and gotta love hearing Destiny Hooker 400 times a broadcast. I still laugh when I hear it.

It always makes me chuckle. She's actually pretty damn good, too. Very athletic. In the first game against South Korea, at one point 90% of her spikes were kills.

#26 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

It always makes me chuckle. She's actually pretty damn good, too. Very athletic. In the first game against South Korea, at one point 90% of her spikes were kills.

Yeah between her and that Anderson kid on the Men's side there is some freakish talent there.
@JeremyMStrain

#27 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

That's where I was going by bringing up the different types of each sport. Even though they (soccer/indoor soccer, for example) share essentially the same basic rules, moving into a different venue and making certain accommodations for that changes the sport considerably.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=