BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:41 AM

BSL: Preview Week 4, Ravens vs. Raiders
BSL: Ravens Visualized and Projected
BSL: Flawed Ravens can contend in flawed AFC North

Ravens attempting to get to 4-0 overall... with all 4 W's against conference opponents. This weekend pretty vital to get the home head-to-head win against another conference foe with playoff aspirations.

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:03 AM

Glad this game is at home. I remember that debacle in Oakland last year.

Defense has been playing well. I have a good feeling about this one but it'll still be close.

I'd like to see the Ravens offense take off this game. The Raiders defense isn't good.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:06 AM

Our offense does feel like it's on the cusp. 

This is one of our tougher games in that both Crabtree and Cooper can probably be used against Wright. I like Wright, but don't look at him as a CB1 type and think we need to give him some help and bracket in his direction maybe more than we have up to this point. It's a challenge because Smith is going to need to lock his guy up on the other side of the field. If Wright isn't on his A game, I do hope Pees is ready to adjust.

This offense feels like it's ready to break out. I wonder if we see really deep drops again from the defense like Jacksonville if we take the same approach or Joe tries to squeeze some in. I'm not sure what I want, if Wallace catches the TD last week the total offensive performance might not look so bad. So the same approach could probably do some damage. At the same time, I want to see them really get after it. I guess it all hinges on Stanley / Lewis. And how healthy they are. 

#4 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:15 AM

Defense has been playing well. I have a good feeling about this one but it'll still be close.

I'd like to see the Ravens offense take off this game. The Raiders defense isn't good.

We gave that game up but a bs call vs Will Hill negated a game winning INT.  

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:13 AM

This will be a good challenge against a real good offense.  Need to play well and make them earn the yards and points.  They will get theirs but I think Joe and the offense will play well.

Last years game was one of those games that pissed me off.  Ugly game, but I was jumping around thinking we won, on the Will Hill pick.  The refs took the pick away on a real questionable call.

There were a few of those games.  The Dolphin game where they took Daniel Browns TD away (for breathing in the area of the defender)   and of course the Jags game.  

That has been avenged, now time to pay back Oakland.

@mikeghg

#6 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:05 PM

Do folks see this as a bigger test / moment for the offense or defense this weekend? (If you had to pick one). 

I'd lean defense, I want to see these guys prove they are elite and deserving of the #2 ranking. I think at it's very best this is ~10 ranked offense, so I'm not as worried about them finding a rhythm just yet. I could see the argument that the offense just needs to unlock itself and it'd be great to see that now. 

But I'd love to be able to see this team climb onto the back of the defense and just ride it's way out to some home victories. Regardless of offensive performance (though still please, let's score ~25 points every week, K thanks offense). 

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:30 PM

Do folks see this as a bigger test / moment for the offense or defense this weekend? (If you had to pick one). 

I'd lean defense, I want to see these guys prove they are elite and deserving of the #2 ranking. I think at it's very best this is ~10 ranked offense, so I'm not as worried about them finding a rhythm just yet. I could see the argument that the offense just needs to unlock itself and it'd be great to see that now. 

But I'd love to be able to see this team climb onto the back of the defense and just ride it's way out to some home victories. Regardless of offensive performance (though still please, let's score ~25 points every week, K thanks offense). 

Better be a bigger test for the defense..  Oakland's offense has talent... their defense, not so much.

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:20 PM

Balt Ravens.com: Late For Work 9/30: 42 Analyst Predictions In Ravens' Toughest Matchup Yet
http://www.baltimore...da-31f8e7355e89

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:09 PM

Pro Football Focus: 4 key matchups to watch during Raiders-Ravens
https://www.profootb...ak-bal-preview/

#10 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:05 PM

Obviously my big concern is with the left side of the line. Sounds like Stanley will not play, and who knows with Lewis. Either way, I think that's a bit of a problem vs Mack.

OTOH, the Raiders right tackle position has been decimated, and now Dumervil is back.

Biggest test of the season so far. I want to see the defense continue to play well against a really good offense like the Raiders. And, while I want to see the offense take strides, the injuries to the line has me pessimistic about that.

#11 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 October 2016 - 06:21 AM

I just got an NFL Mobile alert; Forsett is being benched in favor of West. I'm sure Forsett will still get carries but this is a good move. Forsett looks a step slow so far and is leaving yards out there.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  • Mike in STL likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#12 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 October 2016 - 06:23 AM

I know it's a different team, different regime but the Raiders are just 1-22 in their last 23 trips to the eastern time zone.

It's really tough for west coast teams to play at 10am their time. It's not the be all, end all but it's a factor for sure.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  • Mike in STL likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:56 AM

@RapSheet 4h4 hours ago

A game-day stunner: The #Ravens are benching starting RB Justin Forsett, going younger in the backfield. Expect Terrance West to start.

#14 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:34 AM

Forsett, Judon, Dixon and Stanley amongst the inactives.

#15 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:41 AM

So I guess I'll assume Allen is active as the backup. Sounds like they may end up keeping Allen over Forsett. Not that Allen is anything at all. Can't wait for Dixon to get back. Also, need that OL to improve

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:45 AM

Forsett, Judon, Dixon and Stanley amongst the inactives.

Inactives vs. Raiders:
CB Sheldon Price
RB Justin Forsett
RB Kenneth Dixon
CB Will Davis
DT Willie Henry
OT Ronnie Stanley
OLB Matt Judon

#17 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:50 AM

Damn, Judon too. I guess with Doom back, but still.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#18 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:52 AM

There are a bunch of Raiders fans in the hospital where my wife works so this week when she took the dog in she had to let them know what team he roots for.

This pains me on a handful of levels.  But y'all do have at least one fan out here in this household.

YnkDxsw.jpg

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#19 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:05 AM

Surprised Will Davis can't get on the field. 

Probably not showing enough yet coming back from the injury.

#20 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:09 AM

The Raiders have 4 RT on their roster..3 of them are out today, including the starter and main back up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=