#421 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,556 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:03 AM

Hope it isn't another Arthur Brown. Both second round picks.

#422 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:13 AM

Who knows. He got early rave reviews in camp and showed well enough in preseason. I dont think he's A Brown. They need to figure out what they want to do with him. ILB or OLB. 

#423 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:36 AM

He's in a weird spot, I wonder if he's not activated if Dumervil is back. He's definitely behind Judon / Z. Smith as a rusher. If McClellan is still being used in some of the passing downs but not as a rusher, doesn't seem like he has a spot. 

At this point just move him inside for this year. McClellan has been OK, but not good enough that Correa shouldn't have a shot at taking some of his snaps away...

#424 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,661 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:26 AM

I don't think Correa is an Arthur Brown, I just think they need to define what they want to do with him.   I would put him inside because I think that is where they need depth.  The problem there though is  the two guys manning the inside,  Orr and CJ are playing very well.  It is okay for Correa to be the odd man out as long as when the chance comes he gets his shot and takes advantage of it.  He is big, Strong and quick and as Dennis Pitta will attest to, has a mean streak.

He is 2 games into his career. if he is inactive, it is not the end of the world.

@mikeghg

#425 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:30 AM

The OL issues, especially in the run game,  aren't because of just one guy. 

I agree but I think he is the weak link.  Never been a fan and he wasn't really highly rated when we traded for him either.  Just looked at as decent, middle of the road type guy.  He seems to get pushed around a lot.

#426 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,556 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:30 AM

Just seems to say something about Correa that Judon is getting PT and he's inactive.

#427 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:31 AM

A big strength of Correa was his ability to cover.  I wonder how he has looked in practice at that?

#428 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:32 AM

Just seems to say something about Correa that Judon is getting PT and he's inactive.

Ehhh...Judon has a particular skill that is more advanced that Correa at this point and that skill is highly sought after.

To be honest, the bigger issue is that Henry is an inactive so far and Pierce has been really good.  They are the same position.

Its not that Henry is a bad pick but it adds fuel to the fire that trading up to get Jack in R2 and using some of the picks that you had would have been a smart move.

#429 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:42 AM

A big strength of Correa was his ability to cover.  I wonder how he has looked in practice at that?

Right or moreso his ability to do both. I'd like to see Correa in more rotation with Judon than McLellan if he's active as the season moves on. 

#430 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:10 AM

I would also assume Correa hasn't looked good in ST.

#431 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:09 PM

I've read Correa has a long way to go and is fairly raw.

It's not that surprising tbh. He had the look of a tweener coming out of college. I was excited to see if he crack the starting unit as an ILB, but he clearly isn't ready for that either. 

I'm trying not to be overly pessimistic, but it's not ideal when your 2nd round pick can't get on the field at a position where the team is fairly thin right now.

• SportsGuy likes this
@gabefergy

#432 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:11 PM

I agree but I think he is the weak link.  Never been a fan and he wasn't really highly rated when we traded for him either.  Just looked at as decent, middle of the road type guy.  He seems to get pushed around a lot.

I think he was a better fit in Kubiak's offense. Having him pull and move people at the point of attack is not his game imo. 

@gabefergy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=