• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,521 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:11 PM

CBS Sports: John Harbaugh calls for preseason changes after injury bug bites Ravens

http://www.cbssports...g-bites-ravens/

"I know the league and the players association is working very hard and trying to figure out ideas to work out the preseason," Harbaugh said Saturday night, via the Baltimore Sun. "These are big, fast, strong men running around out there. It's not 25 years ago. ... It's not the '70s anymore. These guys playing in these games -- it's tough -- and they're not meaningful games. They are important to get better, and they improve us. But we football coaches can find ways to get our guys ready and get our players evaluated without the kind of risk that a game necessarily entails."

#2 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:03 PM

Yet at the same time he's calling for the 18 game season, which is more of a risk to player safety.  A small addition to the number of players allowed on the roster isn't going to fix that.

#3 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,746 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:09 PM

Hopefully Perriman plays, otherwise, 0.0 interest.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,521 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:16 PM

@Ravens Aug 29

Coach Harbaugh said WR Breshad Perriman will play in Thursday's preseason game if he gets approval from the medical team.

#5 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,746 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:19 PM

Now I may pay attention.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:47 PM

From the FO Almanac via MMQB...re: Perriman. 

Warning for Chicago’s Kevin White and Baltimore’s Breshad Perriman: You would think one lost season would not torpedo a player's entire career, but the record of first-round wideouts who miss most of their rookie seasons is terrible. Including White and Perriman (both out all last season with knee injuries), there have been 25 first-round wideouts who played in fewer than 10 games in their rookie seasons. Only four of those receivers (Santana Moss, Haywood Jeffires, Mike Quick, Frank Lewis) eventually had a 1,000-yard receiving season.

I wonder (a) what the ratio of first rounders to 1k receivers is in general and (b) I don't think most of those guys all of year 1 due to injury. They mention Santana Moss as a 1k guy, but he wasn't IR'd and didn't play until Week 10. So it's certainly not representative sample of guys that never played their rookie year (though it does take away one of the 4 guys that did end up getting 1k yards). 

#7 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:53 PM

Probably not the right thread for this but this is where I read it so I'm sticking to it. 

http://mmqb.si.com/m...-nfl-peter-king

That's the MMQB link he also references a couple other stats from the FBO almanac. The Eagles ran zero draw plays last year, zero! And this one...just interesting stat stuff... 

The rate of pressure faced by Tom Brady has gone up for three straight seasons: 15.5 percent of pass plays in 2012, 20.3 percent in 2013, 22.5 percent in 2014, and 25.7 percent in 2015.

#8 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,746 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:56 PM

From the FO Almanac via MMQB...re: Perriman. 

I wonder (a) what the ratio of first rounders to 1k receivers is in general and (b) I don't think most of those guys all of year 1 due to injury. They mention Santana Moss as a 1k guy, but he wasn't IR'd and didn't play until Week 10. So it's certainly not representative sample of guys that never played their rookie year (though it does take away one of the 4 guys that did end up getting 1k yards). 

He's definitely got an uphill battle ahead of him to be worthy of his draft position.

Baltimore probably isn't the best place to have a 1,000 yard receiver too.

#9 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,668 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:29 PM

Not worried about 1,000 yard seasons right now.  Just want to see the kid get healthy and get on the field.  If he does, I think the numbers will come.

Looking forward to seeing him play.  I don't hold injuries against a player, but the kid has taken a lot of crap on talk shows and message boards.  I really want to see him do well.

@mikeghg

#10 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,746 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:41 PM

Preseason Super Bowl tonight. 4-0 is on the line!

#11 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:59 PM

Preseason Super Bowl tonight. 4-0 is on the line!

Back in New Orleans no less! Lol...

#12 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:12 PM

Perriman doesn't have to do anything spectacular tonight. Just stay healthy and hold on the ball if it hits him in the hands.

Mallett vs. Josh Johnson. Both played pretty well. Johnson the cheaper keep. I would have been on the horn with Minnesota. 

We might get to see Arthur Brown play his last game in a Ravens jersey. I don't see where he fits. He's just bad. We'll probably see him go all four quarters tonight though. Chris Carter has played better, plus the versatility of Levine to play the position in Dime sets, Correa as well, makes the need to carry Brown even less.

No Pitta or Maxx tonight, but both supposed to be ready for week 1. So loads of Waller and Brown. Gillmore may get early reps. I don't know why Boyle is getting so many reps. He played just about the entire third game. Being out 10 games at least...whats the point?

I want to see what Sheldon Price can do in this one. At 6'2", I'm intrigued, as Arrington going to IR opens the door. Arrington was also playing poorly in game 1, poorly last year, eat that contract if they had to. Price, Canady likely battle for the last DB spot. 

I think Butler earned a WR spot already. Camp and Reynolds should see a lot of time tonight. Still looking for a kick returner (Thinking Chris Moore is the guy until Dixon returns). Can't keep all three, looks like Reynolds is odd man out. Good story though. Hope he catches on somewhere outside of the AFC North and does well. 

Bad news guys. James Hurst might make the team. Between him and D'Ondre Wesley for likely the last spot on the O-line. I don't think Ducasse makes it given how many people can play guard on the team, while tackle is thinner. Hurst, Wesley, who will be least terrible? 

I'm going out on a limb and saying that Kendrick Lewis' job might be in jeopardy. Maybe not. We'll see if he plays tonight. If he doesn't play much, his job is probably safe. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#13 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:06 PM

I count 49 locks to make the roster today. 4 spots up for grabs, 1 of them being the backup QB spot.

So 3 other spots could be anyones after tonight.

@BSLMikeRandall

#14 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:10 PM

2 catches early for Perriman, including a nice one on a ball thrown behind him.

#15 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:15 PM

2 catches early for Perriman, including a nice one on a ball thrown behind him.

That was a tight cut on that route on the second one. Nice looking.

@BSLMikeRandall

#16 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,668 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:22 PM

I already have seen what I wanted to see Perriman get into the game and catch a couple of balls.  If Peyton wants to play his 1's against our 2's and 3's, good for him.

@mikeghg

#17 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,668 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:22 PM

Come on Campy, your better than that.

@mikeghg

#18 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:23 PM

I have counted at least 4 holds on our pass rushers that have yet to be called. Hell both Lewis- Moore and Corea were held right in front of the refs on the 1st play! And Judon got the arm bar across his neck allowing Brees to easily run around him.

#19 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:24 PM

I already have seen what I wanted to see Perriman get into the game and catch a couple of balls.  If Peyton wants to play his 1's against our 2's and 3's, good for him.

I haven't followed any of the Saints preseason. But I wonder if playing the starters for the home crowd is sort of throwing their fans a bone. Especially with the recent devastation. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#20 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:24 PM

I have counted at least 4 holds on our pass rushers that have yet to be called. Hell both Lewis- Moore and Corea were held right in front of the refs on the 1st play! And Judon got the arm bar across his neck allowing Brees to easily run around him.

Hurst had an obvious one that was missed too. 

@BSLMikeRandall

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=