677 replies to this topic

#461 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:20 PM

Hello

The Left Bench was launched in 2013 by five University of Maryland freshmen as a blog covering sports of all sorts. Since our beginning, the staff has grown and our focus has changed. Now, The Left Bench focuses heavily on high school athletics and recruiting while still staying true to what we started out covering: professional and college sports.

If anything, you will see our posts about Maryland Basketball.

One thing has not changed.

The staff has spent enough time on the sidelines and now brings unique, intelligent, and witty insights to the wide world of sports for those on the field, those in the stands, and those playing “left bench.” Follow The Left Bench on Twitter @TheLeftBench and be sure to follow all of The Left Bench writers at their respective handles!

Cheers,

Kofie Yeboah

@kofiekofie

The Left Bench won a Mobbie tonight for Best College/Amateur Sports Blog...  congrats to Kofie, and TLB... welcome!

#462 Baby Birdland

Baby Birdland
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:04 PM

Hello everyone,

My name is Josh and I am the editor of Orioles101, and hopefully you have checked us out already, but if not, I hope you do. We are a rising source of Orioles news and analysis and strive to provide you the fan, with 24/7 obsessive coverage of our Birds.

Look forward to chatting with everyone and if you would like to check out the site, follow us on Twitter or like our Facebook page here you go: www.Orioles101.com @Orioles_101 and www.facebook.com/Orioles101

Let's Go O's!

Josh

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#463 QueenCityRavens

QueenCityRavens
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC Metro

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

Grew up in Laurel as a Orioles and Colts fan. My Father and I had season tickets for the Orioles and Colts. Colts left and was devastated (as were many people) Went to DeMatha High School and as as the Colts left the Redskins became very good making my sports life very difficult. Was lucky enough to attend the 79 and 83 World Series...back then I thought it was an every few years thing (boy was I wrong lol) Left for the ARMY in 89 finished college at U of Arizona while in the ARMY and finished my tour at Fort Bragg in the 3rd Special Forces Group. Got out of the ARMY and moved to Charlotte and continued to follow the Orioles as well as the NFL expansion process closely...even put money down for season tickets in Baltimore "Give Baltimore the Ball" Baltimore got shafted in expansion and eventually ended up with the Browns moving to Baltimore. I have always been a O's fan and became a Ravens fan when they relocated. The O's are the only team I have supported my entire life. I started the "Queen City Ravens Nest" in Charlotte a few years ago with along with 4 other people and our group continues to grow in numbers. We had huge turnout for the O's playoff games...I go to up to at least 2 to 3 Ravens Games and several Orioles games every year.

• BSLChrisStoner, MKlein76, Greg Pappas and 5 others like this

#464 ledzepp8

ledzepp8
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

Hi my name is Matt and I'm 31 (about to be 32) and live in Richmond Va. Some might know me as ledzepp8 from OH. Some might also have beef with me from OH...haha...if that's the case I would love a clean slate! I decided to give that place a break after being berated by a certain someone because I dared to call a comparison he made ridiculous. Anyways I'm ranting. I spent my youth in Ellicott City which is how I became a huge Orioles fan. I like to talk about and root for this great team and look forward to some interesting discussions.
  • BSLChrisStoner, MKlein76, Russ and 3 others like this

#465 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:54 PM

You'll enjoy it here.
  • ledzepp8 likes this

#466 Dark&Stormy

Dark&Stormy
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:28 AM

I'm Mark. I grew up in Towson; I've been a Baltimore/Maryland sports fan since the '70s. Was very lucky to see a lot of Orioles and Colt games live back then. I might make it to a game or 2 a year now since relocating to Delaware. This internet thing sure has made it easy to stay in touch and on top of things- still a fan.

Glad to have found y'all

• BSLChrisStoner, MKlein76 and Greg Pappas like this

#467 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,096 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:15 AM

Wayne's World - Delaware:
  • SammyBirdland and Markus like this
<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#468 Michael Keltics

Michael Keltics
  • Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSilver Spring, MD

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:02 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is Sean and I've been reading the forums for quite awhile now after Pedro Cerrano told me about the site. I grew up in bmore and moved back to Maryland recently after living elsewhere. I'm an O's, Ravens, and Terps fan (in that order). I'm looking forward to participating.
  • BSLChrisStoner, Greg Pappas and Pedro Cerrano like this

#469 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:40 PM

If Pedro invited you, we don't want you here.

(Just kidding, welcome)

#470 Elevator Doors

Elevator Doors
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:11 PM

Hey guys, I run a weirdo NBA blog/podcast here in Baltimore called Elevator Doors.

The blog is here - www.elevator-doors.net

And you can find the podcast on Itunes here - https://itunes.apple...ast/id918840835

You can also catch me on the most recent episode of the OBP Podcast talking about the NBA and the Orioles here - http://www.obpappare...the-obp-podcast

Thanks!

#471 OneHandClapping

OneHandClapping
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:52 PM

Hi I live in the heart of Deadskin country Rockville, MD but have been a Baltimore football fan since 1994 with the Stallions and then became a Ravens fan in 1996.  Been to every home playoff game in Raven history.  Usually go to a couple of O's games and a Baysox or Frederick Keys game or two.  Only DC teams I root for are the Capitals and Wizards.  Hope that Charm City can build a new arena soon to replace Royal Farms.  I'm Nightman on russellstreetreport.com, BaltimoreRavens.com and Ravensinsider boards.  My instagram and Twitter handle is @imjoshingaround.

• BSLChrisStoner, MKlein76, You Play to Win the Game and 2 others like this

#472 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:56 PM

Glad to see another MoCo guy on the board. Welcome!

#473 OneHandClapping

OneHandClapping
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

Rooted for the Ravens when they had those ugly Winged B logos.  I will be going to Bowie on July 4th to see the Baysox and will be at one of the Battle of the Beltways games for Hawaiian shirt giveaway day.

#474 wickedsolo

wickedsolo
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:04 PM

What's up folks. I know a lot of you from over at Russell Street Report. 

I'm an amateur draft guy. I love putting together mocks and player analysis. I don't pretend to be a professional about it. It is just a hobby. 

Also, I'm an avid homebrewer. 

• BSLChrisStoner and MKlein76 like this

#475 Filmstudy

Filmstudy
  • Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationSection 153

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:01 AM

Hi folks,

I'm a recently-retired actuary and lifetime Baltimore sports fan who went to his first O's game in 1971. 

I saw Chris has been posting my pieces over here occasionally and will check here frequently to be part of the discussion.

If you want to see my archive its at http://russellstreet...uthor/filmstudy

I am also on Twitter @filmstudyravens

I'm particularly interested with math modeling applied to sports.  Please let me know if you have any questions or have interesting links to such studies.

Ken

• BSLChrisStoner, Greg Pappas, SammyBirdland and 3 others like this

#476 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:12 PM

Welcome Ken.

#477 Tranquil1

Tranquil1
  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationFrankford, Delaware

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:28 PM

Hi, a long time lurker here. My name is George. I think the information here is great. Kudos to Chris and the others who run this place. I couldn't stand the cliquishness of the OH. I refuse to go there anymore. Some of those folks are full of themselves. Ok, enough of that. To paraphrase 'Unforgiven', which one of you fellas is 'Sportsguy from OH'. YOU! Fatman, speak up.....

• Russ, SammyBirdland and Mike in STL like this

#478 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:00 PM

Hi, a long time lurker here. My name is George. I think the information here is great. Kudos to Chris and the others who run this place. I couldn't stand the cliquishness of the OH. I refuse to go there anymore. Some of those folks are full of themselves. Ok, enough of that. To paraphrase 'Unforgiven', which one of you fellas is 'Sportsguy from OH'. YOU! Fatman, speak up.....

Rob Shields = Sports Guy.

Hope you will stop lurking, and be active!

Thx for the kind words.

• Tranquil1 likes this

#479 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:40 PM

Am I missing something? Did you just call me fat? Lol

#480 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:03 PM

Am I missing something? Did you just call me fat? Lol

He even said what movie he was quoting bruh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=