• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

Minnesota looks to be a fun team to watch. Rubio was delivering dimes all over the place last night. Not sure he will be able to guard anyone though.

1 Rubio, Ridnour
2 W. Johnson, Barea
3 Beasley
4 Love, D. Williams
5 Milicic, Miller

Can they make the playoffs in the West?

#2 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

That was a hell of game!

Rubio and the Wolves should be very entertaining throughout the year. As far as the playoffs, well it's going to be tough, but their youth and depth will be very advantageous with this condensed schedule. I picked them to finish 10th in the West, but only missing out in the playoffs by 2-3 games. The last two teams I had in the playoffs were the Lakers and Blazers, and it wouldn't shock me if either missed the playoffs since the Blazers aren't anything special and the Lakers are essentially a 3 man team with one already fighting an injury, an other very injury prone, and the other getting up there a bit in age and mileage. I'm even already questioning the defending champs, but I still think they make the playoffs. So yeah, it wouldn't shock me at all if they crept into the playoffs as I was tempted to pick them in the first place and I really liked what I saw from them last night.

#3 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:17 PM

Adelman will have them playing a fun style of bball.

Love is one of the best players in the NBA and they have loads of young talent.

This could be a year they could sneak into the playoffs because of their youth and all of those back to back to backs and things like that.

With young talent, you just never know. They could bust or all gel at once.

This team is a prime candidate to put some young pieces together and trade for a legit superstar.

A huge thing for them would be for Beasley to become a beast and then they could deal him or extend him.

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:40 PM

NBC / Pro Basketball Talk: http://probasketball...-max-extension/

#5 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

So far, they're my favorite League Pass team. I love watching these guys.

In case anyone cares, the Nuggets are second, followed by Oklahoma City, and for some reason, I'm obsessed with watching Jimmer and the Kings.
@beginthebegin71

#6 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

Funny, Chris, I was just going to make a thread about the Twolves!

Kevin Love is the real deal. He's an EXCELLENT rebounder that can score in the post as well as from the perimeter. He's shooting just a shade under 41% from 3 so far this season. Also a good free throw shooter for a big man. Admittedly, I haven't had a chance to look at him on defense much, but I've been told that's one of his weaker areas.

Rubio has been better than I expected. I suspect he's benefited from having Luke Ridnour around, IMO a very underrated player in this league.

Beasley is a bit of an X factor on this team I think. He's got all the ability in the world, if he can turn the corner and really develop into an upper tier type of player, they could be really good.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with this team. There's a lot of young talent and, as SG said, they could all gel at once (OKC) or bust at once (Wiz). But it looks like no matter what, they've got a couple great pieces to build around in Love and Rubio.

@AdamWolff

#7 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

Not to mention Rubio was the 5th pick that the Wizards traded them for Miller & Foye. Sigh...
@beginthebegin71

#8 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

Not to mention Rubio was the 5th pick that the Wizards traded them for Miller & Foye. Sigh...

Yeah, that's starting to look like a really..really..really bad trade. Depending on what Rubio does with his career, it could go down as one of the worst ever. Considering Foye is a career backup PG and nothing (not even close) more and Miller has been a bench player for the majority of his career since that trade, it's just really poor. I guess that's what happens when you have an owner who was in win now mode and didn't particularly care what effect it might have on the franchise.

@AdamWolff

#9 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

Great comeback by the Wolves last night capped by a 3 by Rubio to tie it, a great defensive play by Rubio, and a 3 by Love to win it.

It's just too bad that this team plays in such a good division and the superior conference, because they may not make the playoffs due to that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=