#1 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

Omar Mohammed of wusa9.com got together with Maryland freshman WR Stefon Diggs... and I must say that I came away impressed with Diggs.

http://www.wusa9.com... ... alks-Terps

Here is just one snippet...

Me: Do you have faith in Coach Randy Edsall and why did you choose Maryland over other schools, like Ohio State with Coach Urban Meyer?

SD: I got a lot of faith in Edsall and what he does. It works. If you follow the rules, it works. If you work hard, it will show. He did a great job at Connecticut. He took them from a not so good team, but he turned them into great kids. He prides himself in taking two star and three star recruits and building them. I was blessed to be a part of this team. All that rating nonsense means nothing. At the end of the day, you gotta do what you're supposed to do. And I have 100% faith that my team is going to be something special.

#2 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

What do you expect him to say about his soon to be head coach? That's pretty much the only answer he could give. I talked to him while he was deciding and he wasn't so glowing of Edsall then.
@JeremyMStrain

#3 mdak06

mdak06
  • Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationBethany Beach, DE

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

Nice interview. Thanks for the link.

As far as the Edsall comment, I have to think if he didn't have faith in Edsall, he wouldn't have signed with Maryland. Why would he go to a school if he didn't have faith in its head coach? He had a ton of options.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#4 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

Nice interview. Thanks for the link.

As far as the Edsall comment, I have to think if he didn't have faith in Edsall, he wouldn't have signed with Maryland. Why would he go to a school if he didn't have faith in its head coach? He had a ton of options.

Wanted to stay close to home?
@JeremyMStrain

#5 8istheman

8istheman
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

Looking forward to seeing how well the Terps play this year. No more excuses, time to perform.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#6 mdak06

mdak06
  • Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationBethany Beach, DE

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

Wanted to stay close to home?

Possibly ... but I would think that as talented as he is, he'd try to find another "close" option if he didn't have faith in the coach. UVA's not far, nor is WVU.

#7 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

Possibly ... but I would think that as talented as he is, he'd try to find another "close" option if he didn't have faith in the coach. UVA's not far, nor is WVU.

True. Could come down to starting as a freshman or his parents having input. I've heard that parents love Edsall and his no-nonsense approach. Unless they have a major turnaround this season, I think Diggs will be there longer than Edsall.
@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=