HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:06 PM

Just published my first article.

http://baltimorespor...-norwegian-air/

• BSLChrisStoner, BSLMikeLowe, mweb08 and 3 others like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#2 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

That's awesome. I would have never had those places on my radar. I've done Mexico and Dom Rep, and while great, figured it's all pretty much the same south of the border.
@BSLMikeRandall

#3 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,390 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:10 PM

I've only been to St. Lucia, the next island in the Windward chain south of Martinique, but I'd highly recommend it as well to anyone island-hopping down that way. They have a nice little reef near the Pitons in the SW corner if you're into scuba.

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:44 PM

I've been to St. Lucia. Cool island, very pretty...we stayed at a rental overlooking the pitons which was probably one of the best views I've ever had at a place I've stayed. However, the island was a little rougher than I expected and the town of Soufriere where the grocery store was located was dicey. If you never leave your resort you'll never notice it but for someone traveling on their own, Guadeloupe had none of that. Very clean, people very friendly when you interact with them otherwise they leave you alone. We were asked for money endlessly in St. Lucia. Sometimes the language barrier can work in your favor.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,390 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:54 PM

I definitely noticed some panhandling in St Lucia, not really enough that it influenced my overall impression of the island. Barbados seemed a lot rougher than St. Lucia, though I didn't spend a lot of time in Soufriere.

If you want to know where the most aggressive panhandlers in the world are (at least in my experience) walk the resort beaches in Mombasa, Kenya sometime. Those guys don't take no for an answer....and after they get all your money, they'll start bartering for your clothes. They loved white tube socks. Lol.

#6 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

Norwegian Air has stopped flying to Guadeloupe and Martinique from BWI. 

I am not surprised they cut these routes...the plane I flew down and back was barely half full.

They are still flying out of Providence and Ft. Lauderdale, to the best of my knowledge, but flying there non stop was awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=