I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,689 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:21 PM

Two questions:

1) anyone have it? Thoughts?

2) what's the difference between buying one of these or just using a foot stool?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#2 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:47 PM

Two questions:

1) anyone have it? Thoughts?

2) what's the difference between buying one of these or just using a foot stool?

That's three questions.
@BSLMikeRandall

#3 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,674 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:11 PM

You would start this thread

@fuzydunlop

#4 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:12 PM

This was that thing on shark tank right

#5 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:58 PM

Don't have one but I did try it a few times with just a stool and didn't like it at all. Went back to flat-footed pooing a few days later and haven't looked back.
  • SammyBirdland likes this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#6 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:35 PM

I have a co-worker that swears by it.

I fear change, so nah.

#7 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:59 PM

When I was in Japan they had public toilets where you shit standing up/squatting. It can be challenging at first not to shit on yourself but it is much easier. No doubt it works but as far as the product goes you can probably get a little foot stool and accomplish the samend. On a side note as a 55 year old I've come to appreciate my bowel movemements much more than I used to.

#8 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:58 PM

When I was in Japan they had public toilets where you shit standing up/squatting. It can be challenging at first not to shit on yourself but it is much easier. No doubt it works but as far as the product goes you can probably get a little foot stool and accomplish the samend. On a side note as a 55 year old I've come to appreciate my bowel movemements much more than I used to.

That must have been a while ago... now, they've got fancy bidets everywhere... those things can change your life   ;-)

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#9 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,640 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:44 PM

Love the Squatty Potty. Also doubles as a step stool for your kids to get on the toilet.

#10 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:07 PM

That must have been a while ago... now, they've got fancy bidets everywhere... those things can change your life   :wink:

Well, I guess I'll break my silence to speak to you about toilets. My last tour was 95-96 in Sasebo. Only some public restrooms had these. It took me awhile to figure it out and it was pretty challenging... and I was in pretty damn good shape back then. But yeah, you're right, the toilets and bathrooms for the most part are high end and the ones in housing were quite amazing actually. easily the best room in the house and outclassing the standard US bathroom. I have a bidet in my house. They are awesome. 

Strange mix of old and new there. Our house had no insulation and we froze our ass off. The real estate agent recommended we use kerosene heaters. That's what many of them did. Fuck that, especially with 2 little kids. No central heat and air either. She kind of laughed at me when I asked about that. Luckily the Navy picked up our utility bills and I was able to get some portable electric heaters. I was told the reason the houses had no insulation is because the spirits needed to move in and out of the house. I could go on. Interesting place for sure. Great people. I was gone 85% of the time but my wife enjoyed it there. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=