Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

http://espn.go.com/b... ... k-greenlee

This kid is still un-offered... we recruit California, right?
  • BSLMikeLowe likes this

#2 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,510 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

Odd that he doesn't have any offers...almost makes you wonder if there's something that the rest of us don't know. The Terps got Chris Turner from California, so it's not unprecedented.

#3 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

Odd that he doesn't have any offers...almost makes you wonder if there's something that the rest of us don't know. The Terps got Chris Turner from California, so it's not unprecedented.

Yeah, I think that there are just some kids that truly take noticeable leaps in talent as they mature through their teens and sometimes even into their early twenties. He'll have a huge senior year and the offers will pour in -if not beforehand- leaving UMD wishing they were proactive.

#4 mdak06

mdak06
  • Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationBethany Beach, DE

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

I would assume that since Cockerille is coming in (who finished #7 in the Elite 11), and they have other needs (secondary, O-line, etc.) that they may not be pursuing any other QB's right now. Greenlee certainly sounds like a very good player, but they can't take all of the great players.

I admit I'm surprised that he has so few offers (he does have one from Fresno State now).

#5 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

I would assume that since Cockerille is coming in (who finished #7 in the Elite 11), and they have other needs (secondary, O-line, etc.) that they may not be pursuing any other QB's right now. Greenlee certainly sounds like a very good player, but they can't take all of the great players.

I admit I'm surprised that he has so few offers (he does have one from Fresno State now).

Appreciate the reply. You're likely right that Greenlee is a real long-shot. Shane could be a good pocket passer, and is a solid recruit, but the Terps should always look to add serious talent at the single most important position on the team. I'm not sold on Cockerille as a future quality ACC QB, but have hopes for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=