5 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:33 AM

CSN Baltimore: http://www.csnbaltim...658&feedID=6867

One of the reasons I paid a bit more attention to the NBA last year, was Vasquez. I was interested in Memphis after their post-season run last year, and with Baltimore natives Rudy Gay, and Selby.

Vasquez going to NO could be good for him. He certainly should have the opportunity for increased minutes.

Hornets:

1) Jack, Vasquez
2) Gordon, Belinelli
3) Ariza, Aminu
4) Kaman, Smith
5) Okafor

Loved Aminu at Wake, will be interesting to see where his game has matured.

#2 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

How long do you think it will take until Vasquez is starting, if he is starting? I thought he was a good PG at MD. Always passionate and never about himself. Thought he would do great at Memphis with Rudy Gay, but I guess NO needed him more.
@mrbeanage

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

How long do you think it will take until Vasquez is starting, if he is starting? I thought he was a good PG at MD. Always passionate and never about himself. Thought he would do great at Memphis with Rudy Gay, but I guess NO needed him more.

Jack was out for a few games, and that impacted things, but Vasquez is averaging over 32 mts per game in Feb.

He has responded with some strong games:
http://sports.yahoo....1Z8Z1cNacKkvLYF

#4 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

Thanks for the info, Chris. I didn't know that he was starting already. He's putting up some decent numbers. Especially against the Knicks who are supposed to be pretty decent right now. Hopefully the coach will keep him in the starting lineup for the considerable future.
@mrbeanage

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

The Hornets were 21-45 this year. There is some talent on the roster. How much of a jump do you think they can take with Davis?

#6 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

Reports are that with the right moves, they could be playoff contenders for years to come. Not sure how accurate that is, but all things are possible. I would like to see Vasquez as the starting PG next season, but I can see them using their second first rounder at that position or sign a veteran.
@mrbeanage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=