Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:29 PM

Hughes vs. Jimenez

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,521 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:59 AM

In '15, RHH had a .869 OPS vs. Hughes in 296 ab's... LHH had a .761 OPS in 333 ab's.

#3 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:21 AM

Showers until 2. T-Storms around 4 and 6, showers again at 8.

Just, ppd the thing.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:24 AM

Sometimes I wish we had a roof. This sucks. April in MD for ya.

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,149 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:24 AM

Showers until 2. T-Storms around 4 and 6, showers again at 8.

Just, ppd the thing.

Little chance unless it rains all night long without let up.  Twins aren't coming back here this year.

#6 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:27 AM

Little chance unless it rains all night long without let up.  Twins aren't coming back here this year.

I'm sure they share an off day in the next 6 months.
@BSLMikeRandall

#7 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,746 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:28 AM

I am seeing rain being pretty much done by 9.

I was thinking of going down today... was going to wait out the forecast and see if the rain ends sooner than expected. There will be no one there with the threat of rain so I was going to buy the cheapest seat available on StubHub and sit in the front row of 82.

I doubt I'll be going though.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#8 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,149 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:34 AM

I'm sure they share an off day in the next 6 months.

Teams seem to hate that way more than a on-again, off-again game.  Probably a handful of opportunities for that, though.

#9 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:53 AM

Twins have to play in KC tomorrow. I'm sure they don't want to play at 9pm, not end until midnight or later with extra innings.

I'm selfish on this one. I don't want to go to work at the bar, walk 15 minutes through the rain to get there, have no one come in, the game get called anyway, 15 minutes back, soaking wet....when I could just sit on my couch with a cold beer and watch the Masters.
@BSLMikeRandall

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,149 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:00 AM

Well the Twins don't have any say in it.  The O's decide up until game begins and then the umpires decide after that.

#11 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:08 AM

Game is also supposed to be on MLB Network, in case anyone is interested.

As for the game maybe being rained out, in more serious business, it's possible that my Quakes home-opener tonight will get rained out too.  A game, in Southern California being rained out?!?!  What is this witchcraft?  I mean if I can't get my replica championship flag, magnet schedule, fireworks, and thirsty Thursday all tonight I'm gonna be severely bummed.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#12 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:13 PM

Mutual off-days, just in case:

Monday, June 20: Both teams in the middle of homestands, between Sunday afternoon and Tuesday night games.

Monday, June 27: Twins on road trip after Sunday afternoon game at Yankees, and before Tuesday night game at White Sox. Orioles between ending homestand Sunday afternoon, and heading on a nine-game West Coast Swing.

Thursday, July 28: Twins in the middle of homestand between Wednesday night and Friday night games. Orioles between finishing homestand Wednesday night, and heading to Toronto for the weekend.

Monday, August 15: Twins between finishing homestand Sunday afternoon and beginning a road trip in Atlanta Tuesday night. Orioles between arriving from a 10-game Midwest/West Coast road trip (late Sunday afternoon ET game) and beginning homestand Tuesday night. Eliminating this off-day would have the Twins playing every day from July 29 through August 21, and the Orioles playing every day from August 2 through August 31.

Thursday, September 8: Twins in the middle of homestand between Wednesday night and Friday night games. Orioles on the road, between Wednesday afternoon game at Rays and Friday night game against Detroit. Eliminating this off-day would have the Orioles playing every day from September 2 through September 25.

Monday, September 26: Both teams between ending homestands, and heading on six-game divisional road trips to end the season. Eliminating this off-day would leave the Orioles without an off-day after September 8.

Hopefully they can get it in tonight without using up the 'pen again, but if not, the June 20 and July 28 options are the least inconvenient to the Orioles.

• McNulty and Markus like this

#13 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:17 PM

I wouldn't mind skipping Jimenez' start...

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#14 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:43 PM

Well the Twins don't have any say in it.  The O's decide up until game begins and then the umpires decide after that.

I know. Just saying. The O's can express some sportsmanship. Maybe get the favor returned one day. 

I hope they don't have a repeat of Monday. Get in a couple innings, tarp the field, 7 innings on the pen after already logging 11 IP in two games.  

What would be outside the box would be let Bundy start. Then if the rain comes as they predict, Ubaldo comes out after the delay and might be able to go 5 IP, maybe finish the game without taxing the BP. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#15 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:12 PM

I know. Just saying. The O's can express some sportsmanship. Maybe get the favor returned one day. 

Not sure the Twinkies want that... they get so few days off, the last thing they wanna do is fill up one of them with a plane ride, a game and another plane ride...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#16 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:41 PM

I have a feeling that if they don't make up the game before, say, the All Star break, it's not going to matter to either the Orioles or the Twins, at least as far as records are concerned.

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#17 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,674 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:43 PM

Aw shit no Jones today.

@fuzydunlop

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,521 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:46 PM

Rickard

Reimold
Machado
Davis
Trumbo

Hardy

Alvarez

Schoop

Joseph

#19 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:49 PM

Aw shit no Jones today.

Can't say I'm surprised, after seeing issues in both games so far. Wonder what it is.

#20 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,149 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:56 PM

Damn, figured we'd see Joseph and reimold, but thought it'd be Trumbo getting the day off.  Hope Jones' issue is nothing major and just a precaution to keep him off of a potentially slippery field or avoid a game where he might need to get loose and then sit down several times through rain delays.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=