Photo

Who Are Your Favorite Sports Media Personalities?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

I like Cowherd. He's definitely got some Skip Bayless in him in that he tries to rile people up, but unlike Bayless he's actually a bright guy and can articulate an argument very well.

#22 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

Cowherd easily brings up way better points than Bayless ever does....and im not even a huge fan of Cowherd.

#23 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

I like Cowherd. He's definitely got some Skip Bayless in him in that he tries to rile people up, but unlike Bayless he's actually a bright guy and can articulate an argument very well.

Agree with this..

Cowherd definitely likes to rock the boat, but if people could somehow take the emotion out of it, he really says a lot of things that people think, but don't necessarily say.
@beginthebegin71

#24 lordbrook

lordbrook
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

Cowherd is the worst thing to come to sports radio since the Sports Babe of the early '90s. He has no original opinion ever outside of whatever he can say that is controversial. He openly contradicts himself so often, I wonder how he can keep his "opinions" straight. I think he is such a hack in fact, that about 5 years ago I wrote to the editors of ESPN radio and told them that I would never listen to him again as long as I live and I would change the radio station whenever he's on. I am so anti-Cowherd that I rarely listen to the station he's on here in Salt Lake. Cowherd is the radio version of the MFYs to me.

#25 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

Cowherd easily brings up way better points than Bayless ever does....and im not even a huge fan of Cowherd.

Yeah, I just happened to turn the TV on and catch him talking about Lin/Melo and he hit on some other subjects including LeBron, Kobe, and Tebow while talking about how fans should get out of the emotion business and into the date business. I largely agreed with what he was saying and it was smarter than anything Skip ever says.

#26 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

Skip Bayless isn't paid to say anything smart. He's paid to be a contrarian, and he knows it and plays the role perfectly. Once I realized that, I lost most of the ire I had for him.

Cowherd has never shown any such level of self-awareness.

#27 Andrew_G

Andrew_G
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

I am literally only a baseball guy in terms of what I read about, and a lot of my preferred writers/analysts are the usual suspects, but it bothers me a lot that none of the local guys can really hold a candle in my brain to any of the national guys. All of the good local content about the Orioles comes from bloggers, who of course are severely limited in their access. To that end, my favorite Oriole blogger/personality is Jon Shepard, who runs Camden Depot, though of course there are a lot of really good blogs and bloggers out there.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@gibsonandrew

#28 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

http://www.theonion.... ... how,28666/
  • Dupin likes this

#29 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

I am literally only a baseball guy in terms of what I read about, and a lot of my preferred writers/analysts are the usual suspects, but it bothers me a lot that none of the local guys can really hold a candle in my brain to any of the national guys. All of the good local content about the Orioles comes from bloggers, who of course are severely limited in their access. To that end, my favorite Oriole blogger/personality is Jon Shepard, who runs Camden Depot, though of course there are a lot of really good blogs and bloggers out there.

I think many prefer bloggers compared to the traditional local media. My guess is this might have something to do with the mainstreamers have to appeal to the masses while the bloggers can really touch on anything and go in-depth.

Considering how many national guys once covered the Orioles -- Olney/Kurkijan/Ken Rosenthal -- come to mind off the top of my head. You'd think the quality would be better?
@levineps

#30 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

This thread needs to be revisited!

@levineps

#31 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

Not to be internet tough guy but if I ever was near Colin Cowherd it would take some self restraint to not haul off and slug him.

He's that much of a POS.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#32 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

I love all of the guys on MLB Network radio..Granted I pretty much listen 10 hours a day, but it's great stuff most of the time.

@beginthebegin71

#33 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

I love all of the guys on MLB Network radio..Granted I pretty much listen 10 hours a day, but it's great stuff most of the time.

A baseball nerds paradise right?

@levineps

#34 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

A baseball nerds paradise right?

Ab So Lutely.