2 replies to this topic

#1 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Any of y'all still read comics? My interest was piqued after watching Big Bang Theory. Haha.

I'm reading a bunch of DC Comics (Superman, Justice League of America, Batman, Animal Man, etc.) and a couple of the Marvel (Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, Iron Man, etc.) selections. Surely, I'm not the only one on these boards... right?
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#2 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

I was reading a bunch from like 2002-2010 but had to quit for monetary reasons. I couldn't resist picking up more and more titles so I had to break the habit altogether.

I read alot of Marvel stuff and some Vertigo stuff. Would pick up a TBP every now and then.

#3 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

Any of y'all still read comics? My interest was piqued after watching Big Bang Theory. Haha.

I'm reading a bunch of DC Comics (Superman, Justice League of America, Batman, Animal Man, etc.) and a couple of the Marvel (Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, Iron Man, etc.) selections. Surely, I'm not the only one on these boards... right?

I was a big collector/reader of Marvel back in the 80's, and enjoyed it immensely. Uncanny X-Men was addictive, as I picked up the series in the 130's. It was magnetic. I sold my entire collection in the early 90's, for $150 (ugh!), because I needed money to fix my car. I never liked DC and began to develop my own series at the time, with my brother, who was an artist. It was going to be pretty cool, we thought. I wish I kept all my notes, as we had other things interfere and never got back to it. Such is life.

I've been disappointed with the X-Men movies, as they have made waaaaay to many changes too the story, though the recent Avengers-related movies have been better.

BTW, I LOVE The Big Bang Theory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=