Current BSL Analysts:

https://twitter.com/...orators/members

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 132,782 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:24 AM

Please show your support of our contributors, by liking and RTing their efforts...

#3 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,674 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:47 AM

I got rid of FB but I will amp up my Twitter game. Question: are likes beneficial in anyway on Twitter, or only RT's?
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 132,782 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:08 AM

I got rid of FB but I will amp up my Twitter game. Question: are likes beneficial in anyway on Twitter, or only RT's?

Realistically I think only RT's, but now that Twitter's timeline does not show chronologically... I wonder if favorites drive up what you see you when you log on.

#5 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,674 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:33 AM

Realistically I think only RT's, but now that Twitter's timeline does not show chronologically... I wonder if favorites drive up what you see you when you log on.
Do you get to tout Twitter likes to potential investors or for ads? Does Twitter provide reporting like that?
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 132,782 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:58 AM

Do you get to tout Twitter likes to potential investors or for ads? Does Twitter provide reporting like that?

No. 

RTs would obviously have the potential of having our contributors work seen by more people. Favorites would mostly be a pat on the back to our contributors...  "Thanks for your efforts, I appreciate them."

#7 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 06:31 PM

Waffled between emailing Chris or asking aloud on the board and decided on the latter.

Does BSL normally retweet political stuff like I've seen recently? Is this an anti Trump thing or an anti anything but Democrat thing? I didn't find a politics section on the board so this is where I put the questions.

Voicing your opinions is of course a right that I respect very much. But when it comes to Twitter, I try hard to stay away from politics and bond with people over football & baseball. Plus, I'm a proud Independent and side with either party depending on issues that are important to me.

I love BSL. But please realize that it bothers me enough to post a public response here. If people look down on me, unfollow me or crap on my posts because of it, so be it. I figured it's best to be open and honest with Chris. This is the same stuff that turned me off of Tony and it makes me less likely to participate and encourage others to look at the board or follow on Twitter.

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 06:37 PM

I dont do social media but since Chris has closed the politics thread on this board Im surprised he is allowing the BSL twitter account to tweet or retweet political stuff. Every time a political thread has opened here it has turned into a dumpster fire and like you Id prefer to just have this outlet to talk sports.

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 132,782 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 06:42 PM

Ive long bit my tongue in a lot of places.
Here. On my personal FB. The BSL FB and Twitter.

This past week I've RTd a number of things at the BSL Twitter.

I think its reasonable to ask me to not do that from the BSL account.

Appreciate the note.
  • Huddle It Up Films likes this

#10 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,674 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 13 November 2020 - 07:43 PM

Just want to point out that black and white facts, even in the political arena, should not be viewed as controversial or political. But this is the world we live in today. But I can certainly understand people who want to have BSL as an escape from all that, on either side.

#11 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 11:30 PM

I just really, genuinely appreciate the response and I realize it's just my opinion. Makes me very happy that I posted it instead of fretting that it would be taken the wrong way. Not surprising, Chris, anybody who pays attention knows you're a solid person who treats people right.

• Ricker Says likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=  width=