DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

ESPN: Sources: Eagles request permission to interview Tom Coughlin

You probably couldn't find a more polar opposite of Chip Kelly than Coughlin (one is as old school as they come, the other never met an experiment he didn't want to try). His accomplishments notwithstanding, I don't think that's a very good choice for the Eagles. How much coaching does he really have left in him at his age? Those three straight losing seasons in NY might be a harbinger that he is ready for the next phase of his life.

I think that's more of a "screw with the G-Men" move than a serious interview to coach.

@DJ_McCann

#42 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,544 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:07 PM

I think that's more of a "screw with the G-Men" move than a serious interview to coach.

According to the article NY seems content to give Philly permission to interview him (he had 1 season left on his contract). Sounds to me like the Giants are saying "be our guest *snicker*."

#43 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:11 PM

According to the article NY seems content to give Philly permission to interview him (he had 1 season left on his contract). Sounds to me like the Giants are saying "be our guest *snicker*."

Well, it's not like they could reasonably say no. He was as good as fired if he hadn't resigned, and any attempt to hold him back just because he was the one who made the official decision would look really bad.

@DJ_McCann

#44 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:21 PM

Well, it's not like they could reasonably say no. He was as good as fired if he hadn't resigned, and any attempt to hold him back just because he was the one who made the official decision would look really bad.

Coughlin was clearly forced out, based on his behavior during the process.

#45 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:34 PM

Coughlin was clearly forced out, based on his behavior during the process.

Right. That's what I mean. The Giants can't rightly claim his rights and block interviews just because he "resigned".

@DJ_McCann

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=