#22 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,739 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:12 AM

Big wins by Towson and Navy yesterday!  I can't stand Tierney so it was great to see Towson take down the Pioneers, although they almost blew it in the final 90 seconds of that game.

#23 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:24 PM

So far the tournament is playing out much like the regular season...lots of upsets!

Awesome. Particularly enjoyed seeing my alma mater beat Denver, and Navy upsetting Yale. In a very unexpected turn of events, the state of Maryland will be very well represented in the quarterfinals...
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#24 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,739 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:07 AM

So far the tournament is playing out much like the regular season...lots of upsets!

Awesome. Particularly enjoyed seeing my alma mater beat Denver, and Navy upsetting Yale. In a very unexpected turn of events, the state of Maryland will be very well represented in the quarterfinals...

I watched most of the Towson game, their Defense was really solid the whole way. Couple of penalties in the first half kept the game close for Denver as they were take advantage of the EMO.  It's a shame that the game against Loyola this weekend is going to be in Columbus and not somewhere local.

Nobody gave Navy much of a chance in that game, myself included.  When Yale jumped out to the quick lead I thought it was going to be over but Navy fought back.  Tough matchup for them against Brown this weekend.

Shout out to my alma mater (Salsibury) who is looking dominant in the D3 tournament.  Wouldn't be surprised if another title game against Tufts is in the cards.

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:44 AM

Lax Magazine: Weekend Takeaways: What Did The First Round Tell Us?
http://laxmagazine.c...t_round_tell_us

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:46 AM

Updated Bracket

http://www.ncaa.com/...lacrosse-men/d1

#27 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:24 PM

I watched most of the Towson game, their Defense was really solid the whole way. Couple of penalties in the first half kept the game close for Denver as they were take advantage of the EMO.  It's a shame that the game against Loyola this weekend is going to be in Columbus and not somewhere local.

Nobody gave Navy much of a chance in that game, myself included.  When Yale jumped out to the quick lead I thought it was going to be over but Navy fought back.  Tough matchup for them against Brown this weekend.

Shout out to my alma mater (Salsibury) who is looking dominant in the D3 tournament.  Wouldn't be surprised if another title game against Tufts is in the cards.

Towson really is a very solid overall team who came into the tournament unheralded despite a great regular season. They've already beat Loyola earlier this season, so they've got to like their chances. Biggest weakness is at the face off X, and they just beat Denver despite getting handled by one of the best FOGOs in the nation.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see much of the Navy game, but they surprised me with the upset over Yale. It's gonna be really hard to do again vs Brown, but I'll be pulling for them.

A great problem for me would be if we end up with semifinals of Maryland vs Navy and Notre Dame vs Towson. All teams I root for, with my two favorites being Notre Dame and Towson.

Not surprising at all to hear Salisbury as contenders again in DIII though. That seems to be an annual occurrence.

#28 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,739 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:53 AM

Yeah it was an impressive effort to beat Denver despite getting crushed at the X.   Possession is key (duh) and to start off most possessions on defense isn't ideal but it's a testament to their defense that they were able to prevail.  Here's a pretty good read on the team that's worth checking out.

http://www.insidelac...terfinals/35277  I liked this line from the article.

Towson’ make-up is somewhat different from those other Maryland teams, with many of their star players coming from Maryland public schools, a talent pool that is often overlooked amid the state’s heavy prep school culture.   

• BSLChrisStoner and Bmore Irish like this

#29 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,739 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:59 AM

Reading a preview for the Towson-Loyola game,  came across the fact that Loyola's keeper is Matt Stover's son!

#30 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:00 AM

Syracuse and MD on ESPNU...

#31 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:11 AM

MD ties the game at 1...

#32 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,473 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:15 AM

Fun start. A couple epic saves by the MD net minder to set up the 2nd goal.

#33 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:32 PM

Brown has the highlight reel goals right now, but Navy is keeping pace with them, playing high energy. Good game right now. Hopefully Navy can keep it up.

#34 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,739 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:06 PM

Terms controlled their game the whole way. Nice to see them dominate the Orange. Molloy is out for Brown, that should help keep Navy in it.

#35 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:39 PM

Great game between Navy and Brown about to head to the 4th.

Fantastic play in goal on both sides. Navy's gotten within two, finally finished on some of the good looks they were getting.

#36 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,473 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

What a great game. Hope Navy can pull this off... Have the big Mo' right now.

#37 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:14 PM

Great game, shitty ending. That sucks. To have the opportunity to tie it up in the final seconds, and blow it on a bad pass in transition...damn.

#38 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,739 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:18 PM

Got back from my run just in time to watch Navy throw the game away, literally.  Keeper makes a monster save point blank,  get the rebound and start the fast break only to blow it on a simple pass that's terrible.  Navy had a timeout in it's pocket, I wander if Sowell was going to use it or not?  Not sure if he was waiting for them to get the ball a little deeper before calling it  or if he was going to let them play.

#39 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:07 AM

North Carolina and Notre Dame on ESPNU..

#40 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:27 AM

Maryland's women's team playing right now on BTN (currently 20-0 on the season).

Currently leading UMass 7-0 with 18:15 left in the first half. Dominating performance once again.

@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=