HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:02 AM

I do too but only if we win.

Fair enough. 

Scary to think that both teams will likely be better by then. 

@beginthebegin71

#242 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:04 AM

So our interior D is bad, but teams are shooting well against us? Do you mean shooting as in actual jump shots or shooting as in any FGA.

Our starting 3 4 and 5 are poor defenders. That's not clear?? Teams get a lot of open/easy looks. That's been represented in our FG % against in most games as well. Against mid majors too. Gonna go.look.up the exact %s but I know each of Rider, Ill St, and Clev St shot well from the field over long stretches.

#243 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:07 AM

Hell of a fun game, fellas. 

Hope we play again in April. 

Nice win Seth... impressive from a number of guys, particularly Paige in his first game.  Looked like a good environment... think Carolina has improved that a lot in recent years.

• SBTarheel likes this

#244 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

They could break it out at key moments like the Warriors do with their lineup featuring Green at center. They know they can't do that much because it will wear down the players asked to play up position wise, so they reserve it for when they need it. Of course they haven't needed it a ton.

The only real.problem is that Nickens isn't a great 3 either. Still, need to see what Jake can do at the 4 in spots. Playing next to any of Carter, Dodd, or Stone at the 5 depending on the situation.

#245 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,610 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Wasn't sure if you meant just jumpers when you said "shooting well"

My bad.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#246 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:14 AM

I like that we can go more high powered if necessary but I think Turge needs to tinker more to have Jake, Carter, Stone playing less next to each other. Experiment with Jake at the 4 next to Carter and Dodd.

#247 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,526 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:12 AM

Really not trying to be the lollipop guild here... but despite the loss, it's very clear to me that MD basketball is finally back where they belong. So overdue. Gotta love it. Enjoy the journey.
  • BSLZackKiesel likes this

#248 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:27 AM

Felt like UNC shot 90% last night. They just didn't miss and answered every single big shot we made. Everysingleone.

Also, MD played sloppy...lots of turnovers, but still went on some nice runs and played a competitive game.

It still sucks to lose to UNC, lots of bad memories from the ACC days. Beat UConn next week. Excited for Big 10 play.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#249 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:19 PM

I'm so glad UNC won, just because I know a bunch of people that would have just been insufferable at my job. Funny that they're avoiding me today.

I said it would take Paige about a half. It took him like 3 minutes. It was like he never left.

I think they're the best team in college basketball with Paige on the floor. There's no shame in losing by 8 on UNC's court when UNC is...well...UNC.

(Also, I really have no gripes about the officiating, either way. A couple of missed calls, but nothing outstandingly egregious.)

#250 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:25 PM

I'm so glad UNC won, just because I know a bunch of people that would have just been insufferable at my job. Funny that they're avoiding me today.

I said it would take Paige about a half. It took him like 3 minutes. It was like he never left.

I think they're the best team in college basketball with Paige on the floor. There's no shame in losing by 8 on UNC's court when UNC is...well...UNC.

(Also, I really have no gripes about the officiating, either way. A couple of missed calls, but nothing outstandingly egregious.)

Officiating was fine. Tar Heels played better. MD has some limitations we've talked about a lot already... overall though, I'm somewhat pleased by what MD showed battling back.  UNC definitely talented...  don't think they are as good as Kentucky or Kansas though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=