#1 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:24 PM

Multiple attacks at Parisian restaurants, dozens dead.

Explosions outside Stade de France during France-Germany friendly.

Attack on concert hall during show. Some escaped (including the American band) but many reports of dead inside.

France has closed the national borders and declared a state of emergency.

@DJ_McCann

#2 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

The explosion at the stadium is being reported as a suicide bombing.

@DJ_McCann

#3 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:40 PM

Thoughts and prayers to Paris and France. This is an attack on the West. Not France. This is sickening, what I'm hearing. I've been to France, Paris, beautiful country and city and this makes it tougher to swallow, as it was for the attacks in January. It's going to only get worse, sadly. Hopefully this can unite the entire west and deal with this ever growing threat to our livelihood.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:43 PM

From what I am hearing I don't know why the police haven't gone into the theater. People inside are saying that they're being killed one by one. Hopefully an attack by the police has taken place and they're trying to rescue whoever is alive in that theater.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:59 PM

From what I am hearing I don't know why the police haven't gone into the theater. People inside are saying that they're being killed one by one. Hopefully an attack by the police has taken place and they're trying to rescue whoever is alive in that theater.

CNN's saying they're definitely in. I think those reports were from earlier (I saw them an hour ago).

@DJ_McCann

#6 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:06 PM

This is an attack on the West. Not France. 

Well, the way France is about who's a "true French", it *is* an attack on France... they don't assimilate people like we do... it's what you get for having the equivalent of a "guest worker" program where people get to be there but not really be accepted there... I won't be surprised if whoever did it was born and raised there...

Now, I agree that terrorists wanna terrorize anybody who they don't like, and they'd be happy to terrorize any number of nations... but it's no accident that France gets more than its share...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#7 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:10 PM

Reports are that at least two attackers have been killed in the concert hall, and the situation there may be over.

@DJ_McCann

#8 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:26 PM

Reports are that at least two attackers have been killed in the concert hall, and the situation there may be over.

It's over all right. Fucked that up.

#9 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:26 PM

Sorry Rshack I disagree. This is attack on western sensibilities. They blew up a Russian plane. They're not discriminating on who they want to kill. Paris may be an easy target for what you stated but this is an attack on western culture.

#10 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:34 PM

Sorry Rshack I disagree. This is attack on western sensibilities. They blew up a Russian plane. There not discriminating on who they want to kill. Paris may be an easy target for what you stated but this is an attack on western culture.

I bet it's more about recruiting more young people from France than anything... it's prime recruiting territory for the reasons I stated... but no way to know right now... maybe we never will...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#11 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:38 PM

There might be more itemized reasons why they attacked France. We know why they did last time, anyone who tries to personify Muhammed deserves to die. But this is ISIS attacking the west. Paris has a large contingency of Muslims, segregated sure, but you can't assimilate people who don't want to be assimilated. They're radicalized and that's that. It's cut and dry and it's complicated. But I think this kind of thing could happen anywhere really. Not just Paris.

#12 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,485 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:43 PM

According to the Deputy Mayor of Paris, via CNN, the death toll is up to 118. Ugh.

#13 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:47 PM

There might be more itemized reasons why they attacked France. We know why they did last time, anyone who tries to personify Muhammed deserves to die. But this is ISIS attacking the west. Paris has a large contingency of Muslims, segregated sure, but you can't assimilate people who don't want to be assimilated. They're radicalized and that's that. It's cut and dry and it's complicated. But I think this kind of thing could happen anywhere really. Not just Paris.

Apparently, intel thinks it's not ISIS, it's Al Qaeda trying to get back in the headlines, since ISIS has been stealing their thunder...

Saying you can't assimilate people who don't want to be assimilated, well, that's just a completely dumb thing to say... we assimilate Muslims great and the French don't...

The main danger for us in all this is that we'll have ignorant assholes taking it out on perfectly good American Muslims and turning their kids against their very own home nation... which is what happens in France:  people who grow up there end up hating the place because of how they're treated...  for the most part, that just doesn't happen here....

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:51 PM

Apparently, intel thinks it's not ISIS, it's Al Qaeda trying to get back in the headlines, since ISIS has been stealing their thunder...

Saying you can't assimilate people who don't want to be assimilated, well, that's just a completely dumb thing to say... we assimilate Muslims great and the French don't...

Interesting, heard guy on CNN saying the exact opposite... that Al Qaeda would typically not go for less soft-target sites and target more landmarks... that this had all the ear marks of a less planned / coordinated attack like ISIS.

So much conflicting information comes out in the immediate aftermath of horrible events.

#15 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:54 PM

Interesting, heard guy on CNN saying the exact opposite... that Al Qaeda would typically not go for less soft-target sites and target more landmarks... that this had all the ear marks of a less planned / coordinated attack like ISIS.

So much conflicting information comes out in the immediate aftermath of horrible events.

Was it CNN talking to some guy on TV, or was it CNN passing along what somebody inside the intel community is saying?

Regardless, it's like military people say:   When you hear initial battle reports, you don't know what the truth is, all you know for sure is that it's not what the initial reports say... so, we'll wee...

This seems Very planned and Very coordinated to me...

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:55 PM

Was it CNN talking to some guy on TV, or was it CNN passing along what somebody inside the intel community is saying?

Regardless, it's like military people say:   When you hear initial reports, you don't know what the truth is, all you know for sure is that it's not what the initial reports say... so, we'll wee...

It wasn't news, was opinion from an analyst.

#17 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:57 PM

Uniting is one thing, figuring out what to do next is difficult.

#18 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:57 PM

Reporting 100+ dead in the concert hall.

@DJ_McCann

#19 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:04 PM

Does it really matter who is carrying this out ? The name is different, the endgame is the same. Beirut was bombed yesterday. Baghdad today. They're terrorists and will kill whoever and where ever they can.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#20 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:04 PM

I'll be surprised if the death toll is less than 250. So disgusting. What is coming out of the theater is repulsive. If what the people inside are saying is true the police should have stormed that place way before they eventually did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=