970 replies to this topic

#941 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:44 PM

FWIW McShay on the most recent mock has us passing on Tunsil and taking the OL from Notre Dame (name escapes me at the moment)

That would upset me as I think Tunsil is the best player in the draft.

Tunsil hasn't played a full season at Ole Miss so I think some people are questioning his durability and maybe even his desire. Throw in our situation with Monroe, who may or may not be thought of as "soft" by some in our organization, and I understand why some people are trying to draw conclusions about why we would take Stanley over Tunsil. To be fair, there are also some people out there that feel Stanley has a higher upside, especially as a pass blocker.  When it comes down to it, I don't believe Oz has Stanley ranked higher.

• Pedro Cerrano likes this

#942 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:45 PM

Quick picture of what it might take for each team behind us to move up to #6, trying to get as close to equal chart value as I can.

49ers trade #7, 4th (#105), and 6th (#178)

Browns trade #8 and 3rd (#77)

Buccaneers trade #9 and 3rd (#74) and 5th (#148)

Giants trade #10, 3rd (#71), and 4th (#109) also receive future 7th from Ravens (owe 11 points but Ravens don't have 7th)

Bears trade #11, 3rd (#72), 4th (#106), and 5th (#149)

Saints trade #12 and 2nd (#47) also receive future 5th from Ravens (owe 30 points but Ravens don't have 5th)

Dolphins trade #13 and 2nd (#42) also receive future 5th from Ravens (owe 30 points but Ravens don't have 5th)

Raiders trade #14, 2nd (#44), and 5th (#143)

Titans trade #15 and 2nd (#33) also receive future 5th from Ravens (owe 30 points but Ravens don't have 5th)

I think most trades tend to favor the team that is trading the higher pick, and rarely do they align closely with the draft value chart so I think we would probably get something even better. 

This is a good baseline to expect and I think the Ravens will definitely be fielding a lot of calls.

@gabefergy

#943 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:29 PM

That would piss me off assuming we had an offer to trade down as far as 15. Bosa just isn't special enough to pass on trading back 2-7 spots. There is still going to be a very talented player you can get. Edge Rusher and CB are arguably the two biggest needs for the Ravens and there is a lot of talented ones ranked 10-35 overall.

It had been a while since I watched Bosa play. So I just went back and watched him. You may want to do the same. I kind of soured on Bosa myself. But watching him play brought back all the reasons I wanted him so badly a few months ago. You keep saying he isn't special, and I think you've let the draft hype get to you. Bosa can be a special player. He lined up at DE, LB and DT. Not only did he line up at those positions, he dominated at all three. Watching him get after the passer, he gets off of the line as soon as the ball moves. It reminded me of Clowney in college. Almost like he knew the snap counts. Then he knew how to use that, he got into the lineman so fast and then based on positioning he instinctively went with a speed move or a power move like he already knew what was going to happen. On top of that, when he got to the ball carrier, he made them feel it almost every time. Guy hits like a freight train.

Watching him play renewed my intrest in taking him at 6. Behind Ramsey and Tunsil, he may be my third favorite prospect. 

• Mike in STL and GabeFerguson like this

#944 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:38 PM

Hearing from a couple different sources the Ravens want an edge rusher at #6. Makes sense. I've seen Bosa, Lawson or Floyd.

Happy with Bosa or Lawson although I think we could trade back and still get Lawson. I don't like Floyd unless Ravens go 4-3 and play him at SAM. Even then I'm not sold on him.

Can't take Lawson or Floyd at 6.

#945 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:40 PM

I have no doubt Ravens are looking at edge rusher early in the draft. Don't buy that they feel the need to draft one at #6 or will draft one at #6

#946 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:44 PM

Bosa and/or Ramsey will be there IMO.

#947 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:10 PM

I definitely think Bosa is the most likely pick, and I'd say 50/50 he is on the board. He just fits what the Ravens want from their OLB. He is an excellent run defender. He can rush from multiple alignments. He can drop in coverage. 

Suggs/Dumervil has been nice, but they were at their best when McPhee emerged. Bosa can be a better version of that same role. He's also a long-term answer at the OLB position. We all know Ozzie and DeCosta are thinking past just 2016. Bosa helps immediately and he is a foundational piece moving forward.

@gabefergy

#948 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:22 PM

Bosa is the most likely pick IMO

#949 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:23 PM

Let's hope they trade out

#950 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:46 PM

Bosa is the most likely pick IMO

Not if Tunsil or Ramsey slip to us. If they're gone, Bosa most likely will be a Raven. Which, I like more and more. It would let Doom go back to a pass rusher only role. Get Bosa out there on early downs, then move him inside on passing downs and have Doom, Suggs, Bosa, Jernigan and Davis get after the QB.

#951 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:48 PM

Not if Tunsil or Ramsey slip to us. If they're gone, Bosa most likely will be a Raven. Which, I like more and more. It would let Doom go back to a pass rusher only role. Get Bosa out there on early downs, then move him inside on passing downs and have Doom, Suggs, Bosa, Jernigan and Davis get after the QB.

Note the key word in my post...LIKELY

#952 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:49 PM

I think it's Tunsil ....just think that he will be too hard to pass on.
Roll Tide

#953 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:53 PM

I think it's Tunsil ....just think that he will be too hard to pass on.

He won't be there.

Someone will trade up with JVille or Dallas IMO, if SD doesn't take him.

#954 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:55 PM

Any of Tunsil, Ramsey, or Bosa would be home runs, IMO. Jack too, if they aren't worried about his knee.

Trading back 2-4 spots and grabbing Buckner or Stanley also would be nice.

Trading back further and getting Hargreaves I'm less wild about, but could still work out well.

Gonna be frustrating when they do something none of us have thought about and we're all left confused.

#955 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,710 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:57 PM

So weird talking about the Ravens picking this early.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#956 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:59 PM

Any of Tunsil, Ramsey, or Bosa would be home runs, IMO. Jack too, if they aren't worried about his knee.

Trading back 2-4 spots and grabbing Buckner or Stanley also would be nice.

Trading back further and getting Hargreaves I'm less wild about, but could still work out well.

Gonna be frustrating when they do something none of us have thought about and we're all left confused.

Leonard Floyd. I don't believe it could actually happen, but he's supposedly been a "riser" up draft boards. Worst case scenario would be drafting Floyd.

@gabefergy

#957 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:06 PM

Ravens generally don't take late risers. If its Floyd, it won't be at 6. Elliott is the guy that would still surprise some people.

#958 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:23 PM

Ravens generally don't take late risers. If its Floyd, it won't be at 6. Elliott is the guy that would still surprise some people.

Like Perriman?

@gabefergy

#959 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:29 PM

Like Perriman?

Much later pick.