#601 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:19 PM

See you guys next spring! Taking bets on which team we lose to in the second round. Maybe the Rangers again
  • Don Quixote likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#602 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:20 PM

Ton of respect for Murray. Classy stuff.

#603 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:21 PM

Can't believe we lost to Pittsburgh of all teams in what was such a special regular season. Damn. This one stings a lot. Fuck man.
  • DuffMan likes this

#604 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,751 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:21 PM

The haters can hate, but I won't.  Down 3 - nothing on the road they could have easily packed it in but they didn't, fought their way back and forced OT.  Went down swinging.  Tough sledding playing most of the game against the Pens with only 5 D men.   Can't stress enough how much losing Alzner hurt them there.  Sucks losing like that, but that's playoff hockey.

• Markus likes this

#605 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:22 PM

Ugh.
@BSLMikeRandall

#606 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,751 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:25 PM

Can't believe we lost to Pittsburgh of all teams in what was such a special regular season. Damn. This one stings a lot. Fuck man.

Ugh why can't our sports teams have nice things?

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#607 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:26 PM

The haters can hate, but I won't.  Down 3 - nothing on the road they could have easily packed it in but they didn't, fought their way back and forced OT.  Went down swinging.  Tough sledding playing most of the game against the Pens with only 5 D men.   Can't stress enough how much losing Alzner hurt them there.  Sucks losing like that, but that's playoff hockey.

The way they answered the bell after that awful start makes me realize more than ever that Trotz is the right guy to get us over the hump, if we ever do.

#608 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,751 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:30 PM

The way they answered the bell after that awful start makes me realize more than ever that Trotz is the right guy to get us over the hump, if we ever do.

3 OT games, every game but #5 was a one goal game. Razor thin line between winning and losing.

#609 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:31 PM

3 OT games, every game but #5 was a one goal game. Razor thin line between winning and losing.
Just sucks because all the Rags series were like this too. When is it our turn?
  • DuffMan likes this

#610 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:39 AM

So, how much did Orpik completely bone us this series?  Are we sure he wasn't working as an undercover spy for Pittsburgh?

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#611 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,751 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:22 PM

So, how much did Orpik completely bone us this series?  Are we sure he wasn't working as an undercover spy for Pittsburgh?

Considering in 2 of the 3 games he was out with a suspension the guys playing in place of him had terrible turnovers resulting in GWG's and his just as awful penalty  last night resulting in 2 pp goals....   If I was making a list of reasons why the Caps last this series, Orpik would certainly be near the top, but is he "the" reason?  I don't know if I would go that far, but I understand people that want to put the bullseye on him.  As bad as the hit that resulted in a suspension was, his boneheaded penalty last night was even worse (he also got away with a Hook in OT that wasn't called only because it was OT).  The Caps were already shorthanded last night on D.  Then one of your "better" D guys takes a 4 minute penalty.  Meaning guys that are tired and aren't normally on the PK are being tasked with a stop.  

http://www.russianma...-high-sticking/

Some people are trying to say it was accidental, but look at this clips. I"m not buying it.  He knew what he was doing.  He took a slash to the hip and selfishly decided to retaliate.   Tried to make it look "accidental" but that was no accident.   Terrible decision by one of your "leaders"

Turns out I was wrong about Alzner.  He didn't miss most of the game because of the slash.  Apparently he strained/aggravated his groin.   He's had several maintenance days in recent weeks because he's been dealing with this for a while now.  Makes sense, he came back for one shift in the 2nd and definitely looked slow.  Tough break when your guy that is never hurt is hurt when you need him most, ugh.

#612 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:28 PM

Pens go back to Murray tonight... Very interesting. Pens catch a huge break early on the road... TB has a goal overturned in Toronto.

#613 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,751 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:36 AM

Pens go back to Murray tonight... Very interesting. Pens catch a huge break early on the road... TB has a goal overturned in Toronto.

Fleury performed about how I expected to him after not playing a full game for months.   Credit to Murray for taking the benching in stride and coming back to play well in game 6.  Really don't like TB either but obviously would rather see them advance than the Pens. 

For those bemoaning the Caps playoffs woes, take a look at the Sharks, their struggles have been going on even longer and they've just finally broken through to the Cup finals.  Just goes to show you how hard it is to get to the SC Finals.

http://deadspin.com/...ally-1778863169

#614 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:48 PM

I hate Pittsburgh. Pens, Steelers, their mediocre teams are always going to the title games. Actually shocked the Pirates didn't win a title in the last few years.

That city has a horseshoe up its ass. God forbid an okay Orioles team gets to a world series in my life time.
  • NewMarketSean likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#615 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:35 PM

Nothing good ever came out of Pittsburgh.

#616 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,666 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:36 AM

Unitas, Sheetz, Primanti Bros.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#617 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:35 AM

Unitas, Sheetz, Primanti Bros.

Wawa > Sheetz

Primanti Bros? French fries are a side. Not a topping. Went to a bar in O.C. that ended up being a Pittsburgh bar. On the menu, three of the four salads had French fries in the salad. Its no wonder all the people in Pittsburgh look like Honey Boo Boo's mom.

Cheesesteak there was the best I've ever had though. And that includes everywhere in Philly I've tried.
@BSLMikeRandall

#618 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:19 AM

The good news is the series isn't going to be just gifted to PIT. SJ pulls out an OT win to make it a 2-1 series, rather than 3-0 Pens.

So, it's a series now. Sharks first Stanley Cup finals game win.
@BSLMikeRandall

#619 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:50 AM

The good news is the series isn't going to be just gifted to PIT. SJ pulls out an OT win to make it a 2-1 series, rather than 3-0 Pens.

So, it's a series now. Sharks first Stanley Cup finals game win.

They've got one more than the Caps!

Still, this isn't a series. Every game has been close, sure... but Pittsburgh finds a way almost every time. Would surprise me if this goes past 5. Hope I'm wrong.

• Mike in STL likes this

#620 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,751 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:29 PM

Fing Pens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users