• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:27 AM

"Browns Feel They’re Close, No Wholesale Changes Forthcoming" (92.3)

"Kirksey says fixing the Browns defense is 'not rocket science'" (OBR)

"Browns' defense as bad as the penalties committed" (Morning Journal)

"CLE-SD Grades: Josh McCown posts best grade since 2013" (PFF)

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:36 AM

I actually see the Browns giving us problems.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:10 AM

I don't think it'll be easy. Unless they turn the ball over a lot.  I mean how hard is it going to be to gameplan for our offense. 

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:29 AM

Typical division fight I would think.  No Smith Sr.  Crockett has a 'chance' to play.  Is Givens going to be ready to contribute this week?

You ran the ball against Pittsburgh. That was an actual positive.  Need to do that again here vs. the Browns.   Run the ball, find Williams (and maybe Boyle) on play action.  Dump off to Juice.  Take a chance or two down the field to Givens and maybe Waller.

Za'Darius Smith emerging vs. the Steelers was great to see... the next step is becoming able to show up consistently. Can he bring some 3rd down rush?

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:01 PM

This is a tough game....Game plan needs to be to run it 40 times, use play action, stay away from Haden in the passing game and hope the defense can stop the run.

Do those things and you win easily. Struggle to do any of them and the game will be in doubt.

With no Smith and my guess, no Gillmore, the offense is likely to struggle if you can't run it well.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#6 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:43 AM

Having Monroe back will be a nice boost to the OLine, particularly in pass protection. Hurst is a fine backup but he really struggles with his technique, especially against the speed rush.

It's another 1 week season and we need to go 1-0 and grind back to .500.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#7 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:12 PM

Is Smith officially out our is there still a chance he goes?

#8 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:36 PM

Not sure about official, but reports are all signs point to him being out.
@BSLMikeRandall

#9 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:27 AM

I know we've had our struggles so far and I know that we can be alarmists but I think we're way overestimating the Browns.

Their defense is pretty bad, especically considering the resources they've put into that side of the ball and how it's perceived as their strength. They've allowed the 2nd most yards in the league through 4 games, they're next to last in yards allowed per play at 6.3......against the run they've allowed 566 total yards and a whopping 4.8 yards per carry. So whereas we may struggle in the passing game, we should absolutely be able to move the ball on the ground. Then, if they overcommit to the run, we'll have one on one matchups on the outside and we should be able to burn them with play action.

In spite of our issues, I think this should be a relatively easy win on Sunday.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:50 AM

I don't think any of our WR will consistently win one-on-one matchups, but I do think we do enough on the ground, and just enough in the passing game, to win without it being too terrifying.  Not a runaway by any means, but I think we win by a TD.

#11 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:49 PM

Steve Smith is doubtful.

#12 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:33 AM

I don't think any of our WR will consistently win one-on-one matchups, but I do think we do enough on the ground, and just enough in the passing game, to win without it being too terrifying.  Not a runaway by any means, but I think we win by a TD.

Honestly, in our franchise history, no WR has consistently won 1 on 1 matchups other than Q. And even he did with just brute force and strength, rather than route running prowess.

Brown and Waller need to play like their 6'4" and physical mismatches for the corners. They need to attack the football in air; this especially applies to Marlon who seems to let the ball get into his body, thus leading to some drops.
@primetime667083

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:26 AM

CSN Mid-Atlantic: Five reasons why Ravens can't take Browns lightly

http://www.csnmidatl...cco-steve-smith

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:29 AM

PressBox: Three Key Matchups

http://www.pressboxo...s-for-week-five

#15 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:58 AM

Ravens.com: 5 Things to Watch vs. Browns

http://www.baltimore...62-979cde2b7c4d

#16 ShawnBrubaker

ShawnBrubaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:07 AM

My pick for today: Ravens win 30-24 in a game that isn't as close as the score suggests. Ravens get off to a slow start, falling behind 3-0 at the end of the first, but they pick it up in the second quarter and go into the half 10-6. They come out like gangbusters in the second half and reel off four straight scoring drives while mostly limiting the Browns to short passes. Up comfortably, they'll let off the gas and let Josh McCown throw for 350 yards courtesy of a big time garbage time performance to make the game respectable.

Quite frankly, at home and with rest, the Ravens should win by 20+. But I don't think they will. A win is good enough.

@63brubaker
Ravens Analyst BSL
Fat, lazy, sorry couch quarterback

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:10 AM

Joe Haden, and Hartline expected to play.

#18 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 11:01 AM

This is a tough game....Game plan needs to be to run it 40 times, use play action, stay away from Haden in the passing game and hope the defense can stop the run.

Do those things and you win easily. Struggle to do any of them and the game will be in doubt.

With no Smith and my guess, no Gillmore, the offense is likely to struggle if you can't run it well.

Every CB looks like Joe Haden when your top two WR's are Kamar Aiken and Marlon Brown.
  • fishteacher and ShawnBrubaker like this

#19 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 11 October 2015 - 12:04 PM

I love our O-line...ha!

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#20 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 12:05 PM

Awesome start.  3 and out from the 6 yard line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=