Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:10 PM

The season finally arrives.

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:08 AM

Denver Post: Kiszla vs Renck: How many touchdown passes will Manning throw this season?

http://www.denverpos...own-passes-will

#3 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:03 AM

It's going to be interesting to see how Manning and Kubiak co-exist; system wise. We know that Gary brings his system wherever he goes and ditto for Peyton. However, the Manning of 2015 is clearly in the late November of his career physically. Based on that, do we see a run first Denver offense? Also, Kubiak generally didn't throw a lot of screens but will he incorporate WR/bubble screens, which have been the bread and butter of Denver's offense since Peyton arrived?

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:02 PM

Glad it's a late afternoon game, going backpacking this weekend.  Likely will still miss the start and have to catch up on DVR, but should be back to live by the 2nd half.

#5 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,609 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:05 PM

Glad it's a late afternoon game, going backpacking this weekend.  Likely will still miss the start and have to catch up on DVR, but should be back to live by the 2nd half.

You goddamned granola eating hippie

• JordanKough likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#6 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:12 PM

I'm hosting a party and will be grilling my famous half pound burgers and beer brats... and drinking Flying Dog... which of course originated in Colorado, but is now in Maryland.
  • Mackus likes this

#7 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

You goddamned granola eating hippie

I don't like granola.  I'll be eating a bunch of gorp and beef jerky though.

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:50 AM

Mile High Report: Elvis Dumervil and Terrell Suggs pose a daunting challenge for Ty Sambrailo. C.J. Anderson is ready to help

http://www.milehighr...7588.1434742199

#9 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:12 AM

I'm hosting a party and will be grilling my famous half pound burgers and beer brats... and drinking Flying Dog... which of course originated in Colorado, but is now in Maryland.

I've been trying to perfect my homemade burger. I've narrowed it down to a few keys; ground beef has to be fresh and 85-15 lean to fat. I'd love to hear any suggestions.

I'll be doing my hopefully soon to be famous from scratch chicken fingers.

I'm trying out a crabcake topped mac and cheese concept. Fingers crossed.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#10 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:57 PM

Jernigan practiced today, this almost assures that he'll be a go for Week 1 I'm guessing. As long as there isn't a set back. Glad to hear it shows he wants to play, knows he's got to practice today to play. 

#11 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:30 PM

I've been trying to perfect my homemade burger. I've narrowed it down to a few keys; ground beef has to be fresh and 85-15 lean to fat. I'd love to hear any suggestions.

Some people use bread crumbs as a binder for the meat, but I find it tastes like meat loaf and not a burger. So I use an egg. I also add Worcestershire to my meat. Season how you like. I refrigerate after patting for a while so they hold together better.

Ive also been cooking all my meats in my cast iron. I rarely used the grill this summer. Five minutes a side, and when you flip (just once!) add just enough water to get a steam going, and cover it for the next five minutes.

Cheese, bacon, I find a brioche bun sets it off. Ketchup, spicy mustard.

Or get creative. Grilled pineapple and teriyaki sauce is tasty. Jalapenos and salsa too. (Yeah, I worked at a red robin way back when).
  • Russ, Mackus and PrimeTime like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#12 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:39 PM

Some people use bread crumbs as a binder for the meat, but I find it tastes like meat loaf and not a burger. So I use an egg. I also add Worcestershire to my meat. Season how you like. I refrigerate after patting for a while so they hold together better.

Ive also been cooking all my meats in my cast iron. I rarely used the grill this summer. Five minutes a side, and when you flip (just once!) add just enough water to get a steam going, and cover it for the next five minutes.

Cheese, bacon, I find a brioche bun sets it off. Ketchup, spicy mustard.

Or get creative. Grilled pineapple and teriyaki sauce is tasty. Jalapenos and salsa too. (Yeah, I worked at a red robin way back when).

I cooked for 6 years in high school and college at a mom and pop pizza/sub shop. We had awesome burgers because we got fresh ground beef, hand made the patties and never, ever froze them.

I love my cast iron grill pan but it always sets off the smoke detector and in turn freaks out the dog and cats.
@primetime667083

#13 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:42 PM

I cooked for 6 years in high school and college at a mom and pop pizza/sub shop. We had awesome burgers because we got fresh ground beef, hand made the patties and never, ever froze them.

I love my cast iron grill pan but it always sets off the smoke detector and in turn freaks out the dog and cats.

I have the same problem. If I put it on the back burner, more under the hood, and turn the fan on, its not as bad.

Never frozen patties is a good thing.

Got me in the mood to cook up some burgers for dinner. Thanks!
@BSLMikeRandall

#14 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:04 PM

Liberal amounts of A1 and Mesquite Grillmates seasoning is all you need.

@fuzydunlop

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:35 PM

The key to a great burger is to not overcook it.  Pink in the middle, if not a little red, very juicy.

There are hundreds of different combinations of fat percentage, cut of meat, shape, toppings, mix-ins, seasonings, buns, and cooking methods that will lead to a great burger, but the key to all of them is to cook the thing properly. 

Don't be ashamed to use an instant-read thermometer.

#16 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:05 PM

Hmmm, Burgers. Guys come on, this thread has totally been derailed ;).

Curiously, what are people's game watching plans? I've got tickets to the now 8:00pm O's game are people planning on watching the Ravens game and then going to the O's game in the area? 

#17 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:10 PM

The key to a great burger is to not overcook it.  Pink in the middle, if not a little red, very juicy.

There are hundreds of different combinations of fat percentage, cut of meat, shape, toppings, mix-ins, seasonings, buns, and cooking methods that will lead to a great burger, but the key to all of them is to cook the thing properly. 

Don't be ashamed to use an instant-read thermometer.

I've found tempering read meat helps greatly. And now I've got the thumb/hand feel trick down. But for evenness and juiciness in the end, tempering any red meat is the way to go IMO.

#18 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

I use egg and a lot of garlic. McCormick's mesquite seasoning. Light bread crumbs. A1 or Worcestershire sauce is a great idea. I'll have to try that.

#19 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:48 PM

Egg, Worcestershire sauce and mccormicks hamburger seasoning. It's really good. Sometimes add some old bay as well.

#20 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:29 AM

Ugh...had a dream we lost 28-7.

I could see this game being a lot like last nights game, just without us getting 400+ yards of offense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=