#4862 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 28 April 2021 - 04:26 PM

If only most of the messengers on here weren't pretentious and self righteous.

Knowledge be funny like that sometimes
  • The Epic likes this

@fuzydunlop

#4863 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,610 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 28 April 2021 - 04:29 PM

Knowledge be funny like that sometimes

Fix your grammar dummy
  • The Epic likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#4864 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 28 April 2021 - 04:36 PM

I think you guys are all lumping lying and fear mongering into none thing when they are completely different.

I brought up the Bill Mahr piece because he addressed this, kinda. Pointed out that recent in recent studies, people who get their news from the left thought on average that 49% of people who contracted the virus would be hospitalized. This is way way more than the actual number.

This doesn’t mean left news told people the hospitalization rate is 49% because that would be a lie. That’s just the picture they paint.

Unfortunately the picture the right paints is one that promotes racism so.... pick your poison?

I think this is entirely fair. 

But again, this is "poison" of degree. I feel like this was a good faith argument to keep people safe, like governors that talk up storms and talk about how people will die in those storms. I'd equate that to the right's talking point of "the economy needs to survive" for the virus, which was just as wrong (probably moreso), but I also think was in mostly good faith. The problem is the aspects of racism on top, which is not only a tiebreaker, but blows everything else out of the water.

Forcing schools and cities to open, in spite of the lack of pandemic-based and financial support in cities (and the knowledge that this would happen), for two. 

• You Play to Win the Game and Mike in STL like this

#4865 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 04:38 PM

Maybe this will change the subject, I have prostatitis. Arghhh

I winced when I read this.

Really hope you feel better soon.
  • BobPhelan likes this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#4866 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 28 April 2021 - 04:46 PM

I winced when I read this.

Really hope you feel better soon.

Any "down there" pain is the worst pain omg omg omg

• BobPhelan and russsnyder like this

#4867 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 04:48 PM

Any "down there" pain is the worst pain omg omg omg

I don't even like to think about it.
  • The Epic likes this

#4868 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 05:24 PM

Pollen. I feel the same about pollen as Anakin feels about sand.

Washed mine and my wife’s white cars this week and now they’re yellow. And now it looks like rain tomorrow. Beautiful.
  • You Play to Win the Game, BobPhelan and Old Man like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4869 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 05:37 PM

I doubt that it is. Of course there are degrees. If you're gonna sit here and tell me that there isn't someone similar to Carlson when it comes to hyperbole, intellectual dishonesty, and tactics to rile up the base on the left Im gonna be super skeptical. Im sure if there were any Republicans here they would drop names. Then you guys could have 30 pages arguing why one is worse or better than the other.

But you're not super skeptical. You get by on assumptions and use the wide brush of bothsidesisms

Im shocked you feel there is no equivalent. I mean maybe but if we're talking hyperbole, intellectual dishonesty, and tactics to rile up a base Im guessing many would disagree with you and would give me names. Of course we can get into semantics about how big of a platform he has vs I dont some youtuber with 500,000 subscribers or a popular podcaster. Im guessing the people who would be drawn to Carlson are more likely to be the cable subscribers vs a youtuber or podcaster. Youre really worried about how dangerous a guy is whos mostly reaching 45+ yr old cable subscribers.

Tucker Carlson was a defacto driver of presidential policy under Trump's administration. 

It's one thing to be wrong about things, but you're not even trying. 

• RShack likes this

#4870 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 28 April 2021 - 07:24 PM

Guys, you're being too harsh. Imagine the utility of being able to say I know enough to know what I know even if we know very little. Like that's awesome! And then anytime we or "our side" does something crappy, we can just say both sides. The best part is we don't need to back that up at all. Y'all are really missing out! Both sides 4 life!
  • CantonJester likes this

#4871 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 28 April 2021 - 07:47 PM

Oh...oh gosh. Oh ew.

Feel better, man. Yeesh.

Awful. Feel better Bob.

Doesnt sound fun. Get better man.

(And Russ' quote, reached a limit)

Thanks guys. Could've been worse. Now I just have to take antibiotics for at least the next 8 weeks...

#4872 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 07:52 PM

(And Russ' quote, reached a limit)

Thanks guys. Could've been worse. Now I just have to take antibiotics for at least the next 8 weeks...

Sorry Bob! Best wishes! Hopefully this isn't a both sides problem!

#4873 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 08:05 PM

Guys, you're being too harsh. Imagine the utility of being able to say I know enough to know what I know even if we know very little. Like that's awesome! And then anytime we or "our side" does something crappy, we can just say both sides. The best part is we don't need to back that up at all. Y'all are really missing out! Both sides 4 life!

All those exclamation signs. You sure you're good. Its been like 6 hours my dude.

I truly dont give a rats ass and wont engage in this crap any longer but its funny that you think you aren't
every bit as responsible as anyone else for threads getting locked around here. You'd find a way to be combative with yourself if no one else was around.

#4874 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 08:15 PM

All those exclamation signs. You sure you're good. Its been like 6 hours my dude.

I truly dont give a rats ass and wont engage in this crap any longer but its funny that you think you aren't
every bit as responsible as anyone else for threads getting locked around here. You'd find a way to be combative with yourself if no one else was around.

I'm just having a good time. But you keep being you and making things personal since you can't actually make a good argument.

#4875 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 09:02 PM

I'm just having a good time. But you keep being you and making things personal since you can't actually make a good argument.

I know I had the audacity to say both sides. I committed a sin. Of course its made about Carlson specifically when my point was tactics like hyperbole, intellectual dishonesty, and fear mongering is used by both sides. Yeah degrees right, and maybe thats true in this case in regards to Carlson. Thats what I dont care to investigate. Maybe hes over the top more than anyone on tv but its a cop out to some extent regardless. The tactics are the tactics. We use the degrees argument when its convienient.

#4876 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 April 2021 - 09:07 PM

I know I had the audacity to say both sides. I committed a sin. Of course its made about Carlson specifically when my point was tactics like hyperbole, intellectual dishonesty, and fear mongering is used by both sides. Yeah degrees right, and maybe thats true in this case in regards to Carlson. Thats what I dont care to investigate. Maybe hes over the top more than anyone on tv but its a cop out to some extent regardless. The tactics are the tactics. We use the degrees argument when its convienient.

You're missing the key point, which is that it's about the concepts and principles they are fighting for. That is what makes all the difference. Regardless of political affiliation, it would be nice in 2021 if, without caveat, racism was denounced uniformly.
  • mweb08, RShack and CantonJester like this

#4877 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 09:27 PM

I don't use the degrees argument when it's convenient. Matters of degree are important regardless of what we're talking about.

Also, see Ricker's post.

#4878 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 07:06 AM

Pollen. I feel the same about pollen as Anakin feels about sand.

Washed mine and my wife’s white cars this week and now they’re yellow. And now it looks like rain tomorrow. Beautiful.

Dont think its new, but saw a picture of a tree being cut down on FB, and when it landed a huge yellow cloud of pollen shot up into the air.

#4879 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 09:27 AM

I hate this time of year. I feel like I am in a perpetual state of just waking up from allergies.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4880 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 09:52 AM

Damn, you went from being someone's muse to being mocked by that same person in a couple of pages. But "You" made it personal.
  • Old Man likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=