#21 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:06 PM

Do you guys really change channels by talking?  

I always thought it was one of those things nobody actually did... like using a microwave to cook a 3-course meal...

Absolutely. I use my remote a time or two a week. It's fantastic. But doesn't love MASN for some reason.

#22 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:13 PM

Do you guys really change channels by talking?

I always thought it was one of those things nobody actually did... like using a microwave to cook a 3-course meal...

Yeah I do mine on the Comcast remote. It's so much better than pulling up the guide then flipping through the channels. I just push the button and say "go to MASN" pronounced as massin', and it works. I don't think it's messed anything up yet.

#23 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

I can even say things like "show me what college football games are on now" and it brings up a list. It's pretty cool.

#24 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:30 PM

Yeah I do mine on the Comcast remote. It's so much better than pulling up the guide then flipping through the channels. I just push the button and say "go to MASN" pronounced as massin', and it works. I don't think it's messed anything up yet.

Is that the X1 system? My sister just got that; I wonder if voice control is part of their package (They don't have DVR)?

@DJ_McCann

#25 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:31 PM

Is that the X1 system? My sister just got that; I wonder if voice control is part of their package (They don't have DVR)?

Yeah. I'm not much of a TV watcher really, but this is really nice.

#26 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

Plus I'm about to go from working about 80 hours a week to working 40 for the same money so I'm going to have to find something to do with my time.
  • BSLChrisStoner, You Play to Win the Game, BobPhelan and 2 others like this

#27 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:33 PM

Plus I'm about to go from working about 80 hours a week to working 40 for the same money so I'm going to have to find something to do with my time.

Hey, no anti-rants in here! :P

• Russ likes this
@DJ_McCann

#28 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:19 PM

Absolutely. I use my remote a time or two a week. It's fantastic. But doesn't love MASN for some reason.

Your voice can tell you disdain for Angelos maybe?
  • You Play to Win the Game and Markus like this

#29 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:04 PM

My voice control wasn't working so I had to push buttons to change the channel. I don't like that.

Twat. :)

• Russ likes this

#30 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:07 PM

Late last night, mother-in-law got drunk and finally officially became Monster-in-Law. We left and drove the two-plus hours back home. Our weekend got fucked up pretty well, but our relationship and our marriage will not be defined by her bullshit. WE WILL NONE OF THAT.

• Russ likes this

#31 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:09 PM

In general, I don't understand whiny butts who like to ruin other people's fun... (am not talking about Stoner... he doesn't whine...)

You know, as the "whiny butt" in question, I actually thought of a funny related story.   A while back when we were doing work on the site, I had to add moderator permissions to my account in order to make some of the changes.   During that brief time, I must have seen twelve instances where RShack had used the "report post" button to file a complaint with the moderators against posts he disagreed with.  

So, while I may be a "whiney butt" for calling you out on your crap, at least I bring it directly to your attention instead of reporting you to the moderators behind your back ;)

• SportsGuy, You Play to Win the Game and glenn__davis like this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#32 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:10 PM

Got got.

#33 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,542 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:26 PM

You know, as the "whiny butt" in question, I actually thought of a funny related story. A while back when we were doing work on the site, I had to add moderator permissions to my account in order to make some of the changes. During that brief time, I must have seen twelve instances where RShack had used the "report post" button to file a complaint with the moderators against posts he disagreed with.

So, while I may be a "whiney butt" for calling you out on your crap, at least I bring it directly to your attention instead of reporting you to the moderators behind your back ;)

This is just terrific

Sammy for President.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#34 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:31 PM

You know, as the "whiny butt" in question, I actually thought of a funny related story.   A while back when we were doing work on the site, I had to add moderator permissions to my account in order to make some of the changes.   During that brief time, I must have seen twelve instances where RShack had used the "report post" button to file a complaint with the moderators against posts he disagreed with.  

I've never used the report button a dozen times.  

I want to see the specifics... put up or shut up.... show the posts I reported and show the text of what I reported them for.  

Either do that or retract this, because what you're doing here is flat-out unethical.  And by retract, I mean publicly retract... which is more than just nuking a post...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#35 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,542 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:34 PM

Everyone have a beer.

@bopper33

#36 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:45 PM

Everyone have a beer.

I'll have a beer with any of you... life is way too short for grudges and related bullshit... so, I'm happy to drink a beer with you... and I'm happy to drink a beer with Sammy after he fixes the chickenshit stunt he just pulled....

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#37 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,542 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:51 PM

I'll have a beer with any of you... life is way too short for grudges and related bullshit... so, I'm happy to drink a beer with you... and I'm happy to drink a beer with Sammy after he fixes the chickenshit stunt he just pulled....

With you we're doing whiskey.

@bopper33

#38 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:00 PM

With you we're doing whiskey.

What kind?

#39 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,542 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:02 PM

What kind?

You pick. I buy.

@bopper33

#40 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:13 PM

I know of a few Rshack has reported. I'm sure there were some I didn't see because they were about me.

Btw, whether it's 3, 6 or 12, Sammys point remains the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=