• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#161 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:11 PM

Another carry for Johnson.  Big time speed.

#162 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:11 PM

Rowe with all day, throws out of the end zone with Edwards as the target.

#163 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:12 PM

Johnson down around the goal...  23 yards.

#164 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,485 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:12 PM

Seriously... why is Likely still out there? 

Maybe they're trying to launch a dark horse Heisman campaign? LOL.

#165 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:13 PM

Johnson in for the TD on the pitch.... TD MARYLAND!

#166 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:14 PM

50-14.   6:26 left.

#167 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:15 PM

Maryland has weapons.   Can one of the QBs get those guys the ball?

Terps ran like you wanted to vs. a FCS school.... can they open up holes  vs. better comp?

#168 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,485 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:16 PM

Josh Moyer
ESPN Staff Writer

With the injury of Nebraska's De'Mornay Pierson-El, Maryland's Will Likely is making a strong case as the nation's top returner. He returned one punt for a 65-yard TD and might've had a second if it wasn't called back. He has 8 punt returns for 233 yards (29.1 ypr) so far.

#169 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

Just said Likely set both a Maryland and a Big 10 record for punt return yards in a game.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#170 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:19 PM

Ran right down MD's throat there for the TD.

#171 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,485 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:20 PM

Maryland has weapons.   Can one of the QBs get those guys the ball?

Terps ran like you wanted to vs. a FCS school.... can they open up holes  vs. better comp?

They did what they were supposed to do. I don't think you can take much else away from this showing, other than they will need much better out of Hills, or whoever is playing QB.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#172 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:22 PM

They did what they were supposed to do. I don't think you can take much else away from this showing, other than they will need much better out of Hills, or whoever is playing QB.

Ohh totally agree. 

But there are good useable weapons at RB, FB, TE, WR...  the O-line is improved.

It won't change the big picture this year, but if you can run the ball better than last year (and they should, since they couldn't run at all last year with their line issues)... and one of the QB can get these guys the ball... they will at-least be more fun to watch.

#173 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:24 PM

Johnson for 20 more.

#174 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,485 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:28 PM

Ohh totally agree. 

But there are good useable weapons at RB, FB, TE, WR...  the O-line is improved.

It won't change the big picture this year, but if you can run the ball better than last year (and they should, since they couldn't run at all last year with their line issues)... and one of the QB can get these guys the ball... they will at-least be more fun to watch.

I'm not sold on the line yet. The guys we've most wanted to see aren't really playing yet. It's mostly the same group that was bad last season. I need to see more than just a good day against the likes of Richmond.

#175 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

I'm not sold on the line yet. The guys we've most wanted to see aren't really playing yet. It's mostly the same group that was bad last season. I need to see more than just a good day against the likes of Richmond.

I'm not sold on the line being Big Ten average... I'm sold on the line being better than last year.  MD was 13th (out of 14) in rushing offense (114 yards per game) during conference play last year. The Terps can increase their ypg by 50, and still might be no better than middle of the pack.

But if they can be middle of the pack, the offense as a whole will be much improved.

I want Prince starting next week, and Gray starting vs. USF.

#176 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,607 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:23 PM

Lolz zomg the team sucks the sky is falling !!!1

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#177 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,355 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:34 PM

Saw a lot of good things out of this team today. Took them a little while to get going, but with a new quarterback and new defensive scheme, that can be expected. The offensive line dominated like they were supposed to, as did Ross and Brown. Ty Johnson shone in a small role late in the game.

Hills obviously has room to improve, but he showed some nice things. He moved around well in the pocket when he was pressured, and showed good mobility to extend plays on 3rd down. But he missed a few receivers on deep routes (including a wheel route to Goins in the end zone). Just one drop from the receivers (Etta-Tawo on Hills' first pass of the game). From where I was sitting, I thought the interception was more on Jacobs than Hills. Seemed like he failed to high-point and fight for the ball. Hopefully Hills can build on this for Bowling Green.

The defense, like the offense, took a little while to get going, but looked very good. The pass-rush really came alive later in the second half, and Jesse Aniebonam really shone in that regard. Looks like he's one of the starting defensive ends on Dudzinski's 3rd-down unit. The defensive backfield also looked good. Likely was obviously insanely good on special teams, but also played very well defensively. Sean Davis also had some real nice tackles. There was that one deep pass that Richmond converted that stood out, should have never been completed. Forget if that was Hendy or Hill who completely misplayed the ball.

Not sure what was up with Craddock. Probably killed his chances at a post-season award. Can't miss a short FG and extra point.

Bowling Green's offense will be a big test for the Maryland defense. They'll need to be in good shape for their tempo, especially if it's anywhere near as hot next week as it was this afternoon. Their defense isn't anything to write home about. Tennessee hung 59 points on them tonight. The Terps should be able to run the ball easily on the Falcons, and their gameplan should be to run the ball, chew some clock, and limit turnovers.

@BSLZackKiesel

#178 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:54 AM

Lolz zomg the team sucks the sky is falling !!!1

Terps football RShack.

#179 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,607 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:02 PM

Terps football RShack.

I mean. People were literally crying wolf after a quarter of game 1. That's a tad absurd. I know Edsall will never ever ever be the guy in some folks' (lol) eye, but cmon.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#180 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:43 PM

Yeah but even Stoner.... the ultimate optimist knows Edsall isn't long here and likely to be replaced soon. Most of us were being reasonable about it. Way toned down from last seasons game threads. But that probably has a little to do with the state of the program/apathy. We all want them to take the next step.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=