#101 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:21 PM

At least the first teams dominated the game.

#102 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:28 PM

At least the first teams dominated the game.

What was it, 13-7 when they came out?
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#103 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:30 PM

What was it, 13-7 when they came out?

I think Flacco came out when it was 13-0. Not sure about the rest of the guys except of course Steve Smith but I think a lot of them were starting to come out.

That being said, I'm not too concerned about the score as much as just what we saw. Ravens were doing a lot of what they wanted with the first teamers and the Skins first TD was a beat flukish(although they were driving).

#104 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:35 PM

Well Flacco's last drive was when it was 13-0, but WAS scored the next drive, and I'm pretty sure that was against the first team. Of course they had a lucky TD to finish the drive. Regardless, dominated is a bit much, but whatever makes you feel better about this game. ;)

I'm sure you guys will be fine though and my team won't be.
  • Markus likes this

#105 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:36 PM

They have given up a lot of points this preseason. You really hate to see that.

#106 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:41 AM

So aside from Smith and Aiken, are there any WR's who can produce this season? Camp can't stay healthY.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#107 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:13 PM

Boswell, from today's chat:

The Robinson "tackle" was horrible, totally dirty lift-and-head-slam. Far worse than anything Harbaugh did. A penalty in an exhibition game? Who cares? I'm OK with Harbaugh getting Gruden's face. And I'm move than OK with Gruden yelling back at him. 

However, my favorite moment of the incident was the magnificent job done by Baltimore TV halftime interviewer Brent Harris. Congratulations! Harbaugh, in the Harbaugh tradition (though his brother is much worse), was a total arrogant jerk. Harris asked fair questions. 1) Your "perception" of the Smith ejection and Harbaugh/Gruden faceoff. Harbaugh says he'll only talk about "football." Harris asks about 1) Ravens fumble at goal line and 2) Ravens continued problems with stopping the drives of foes in the last two minutes of the half. Harbaugh gives brief jerk answers.

Harbaugh: "You wanna give me a good question I'll answer it."

Harris: " Thanks, coach. Back to you (in studio)."

SHUTS HIM DOWN!

Thus totally dissing Harbaugh, giving him just what he deserved for trying to treat a reporter like a team stooge. Harbaugh goes off giving dagger eyes to the back of Harris' head. Harris, composed, ignores him.

That's as close as you'll ever see to "I'm a human being, too, 'Coach,' so treat me like one or I'll tell you where to go on camera, right to your tough-guy face.."

• Mike in STL likes this

#108 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:45 PM

They have given up a lot of points this preseason. You really hate to see that.

It's still a question of against who. 0 points when starters and mostly a combination of 2's are in 31 points when a combination of 3/4's come out. 

I'm with you, I don't want to give them points.

But I'm not about to put any stock in the outcomes thus far being predictive in any way whatsoever. 

#109 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:56 PM

As a Skins fan, that hit was dirty and late (although not TECHNICALLY since he hadn't gone down yet) but I even thought it was way over the line, ESPECIALLY for an exhibition.

That being said, I didn't hear the lead question on it, but I didn't think he was out of line at all if he wanted to ask him if he felt like the non-call was correct, and then after that follow that up with what he said to Gruden. I get Harbs was mad, but still, don't take it out on the reporter doing his job, especially when he wasn't even being a jerk.

@JeremyMStrain

#110 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:47 PM

I missed that part... but good for Harris. I've always liked him.

#111 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,527 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:52 PM

That's one of those things where you hope the next time he sees Harris, Harbaugh privately offers some sort of apology for being such an ass. I always hate those sideline interviews, no matter the sport....the coach always gives either a cliched response that offers zero insight, or like Harbaugh just acts like a total ass (I'll admit though, Buck is occasionally entertaining). Just do away with them. It so rarely adds any value to a broadcast.

• Mike in STL likes this

#112 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

Harris could not have handled that any better. He didnt ask straight up "What did you say to Gruden?" Knowing he wouldnt get an answer. So he worded that opening question, that he absolutely had to ask, perfectly. Then he gives him two "football" questions that gets jerk answers. And goes right to "back to you guys" when Harbs wants a "good question". What that would have been...I dont know. Completely professional and 100% in the right on all accounts by Harris. Great job.
@BSLMikeRandall

#113 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:37 PM

That's one of those things where you hope the next time he sees Harris, Harbaugh privately offers some sort of apology for being such an ass. I always hate those sideline interviews, no matter the sport....the coach always gives either a cliched response that offers zero insight, or like Harbaugh just acts like a total ass (I'll admit though, Buck is occasionally entertaining). Just do away with them. It so rarely adds any value to a broadcast.

Yeah, Harbaugh was a complete ass, but they had just fumbled at the goal line 30 seconds before the interview, after blowing a 13-0 lead, so he probably wasn't at his friendliest.  Still, the definition of a professional is doing things the right way even when you don't feel like it or think you need to, so he should have done better.

#114 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,527 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, Harbaugh was a complete ass, but they had just fumbled at the goal line 30 seconds before the interview, after blowing a 13-0 lead, so he probably wasn't at his friendliest.  Still, the definition of a professional is doing things the right way even when you don't feel like it or think you need to, so he should have done better.

Totally understandable. Which is why I say just stop doing these in-game interviews. I don't see the benefit of it to anyone. The coaches either sound like someone from the PR Department at best, and sometimes an outright jerk. I'm sure it's awkward for the interviewer. And the fans watching are hardly likely to glean anything of value.

#115 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:11 PM

Harabugh spoke after today's practice. To paraphrase...

"Halftime interviews are tough, and I don't think I'm very good at them."

"Brent does a great job. We've done shows together. He's a pro. He does an excellent job."

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=