#1 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:08 AM

Anyone going to this?

A bunch of food trucks from DC are coming up to Baltimore on Saturday, and joining up with many of Charm City's best food trucks. Gonna be at the Westport Waterfront.

I'm going with a group of friends and then heading to the game. Should be fun.

http://southbmore.co... ... -westport/

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

Cool idea, but Westport? Those food trucks should have armed guards protecting them!
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

Cool idea, but Westport? Those food trucks should have armed guards protecting them!

Do you think there will be a shortage of cops in the immediate area? A least one of the trucks has to be making Beignets.

Well I hear Linda Ronstadt is looking for a guitar player.

#4 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

I think the Lobster truck is making an appearance there, I've had it before in the DC area, it's good but expensive. Doesn't look like i'll be making it up to this, but really curious how this one goes.
@levineps

#5 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

What makes you say that Westport is a dangerous neighborhood?
@DaKittenz

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

I think the Lobster truck is making an appearance there, I've had it before in the DC area, it's good but expensive. Doesn't look like i'll be making it up to this, but really curious how this one goes.

My old roommate now lives in DC, and he spoke very highly of the lobster truck. Think I may have to give that a shot.

I've never had a lobster roll, but everything about it is right up my alley.

#7 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

My old roommate now lives in DC, and he spoke very highly of the lobster truck. Think I may have to give that a shot.

I've never had a lobster roll, but everything about it is right up my alley.

http://www.redhooklobsterdc.com/ and yes it looks like they should be there from their website.
@levineps

#8 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

Anyone make it to this?

I thought it was really cool. Gypsy Queen won the #1 overall, the lobster roll place was second. I didn't get Gypsy Queen since the line was long and I've had it many times before, but did get a lobster roll. That was really good.

I had the lobster roll, got a pit beef sandwich and some ribs from South Carolina BBQ, a shrimp Po Boy from the Cajunator, and a falafel from another truck (forget the name). The lobster roll was amazing. Everything about it was fantastic, except the price, but hey, it's lobster. It's expensive. The BBQ was good but not life changing. Incredibly smokey, especially the beef. The ribs were spareribs, so not as tender as baby back, but were smoked well. Almost no sauce on the ribs, just a dry rub I think. Same with the beef (and saw it was the same for their pork butt and chicken). I don't drown my BBQ in sauce, but I do like to have a little bit to moisten things up, especially the chicken and beef since they tend to dry out when smoked for several hours. Po 'Boy was seasoned really well but the shrimp were really tiny and there weren't that many of them, although it was only an $8 sandwich. They were out of remoulade when I got there, too, which always goes on my po boys. Didn't love the falafel. It was on a tortilla instead of a pita. I didn't eat it hot and fresh though, took it into the game with me and had it during like the 4th inning, so that might not be the best way to eat it.

All in all was a very fun event. Hope they do something similar again.

#9 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

What makes you say that Westport is a dangerous neighborhood?

The light rail ride through the neighborhood doesn't exactly give me the impression that it's safe.

Might be an uninformed opinion, might not be.

Glad to hear the food truck event was cool. If I wasn't out of town over the weekend I would have definitely gone down there.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#10 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

OK so I just looked up the murders in Westport in the last 3.5 years and there have been 4 there.

So it may not be as bad a neighborhood as others in the city but it doesn't exactly give the impression as being safe, either.

The development that is planned for the area should improve things...hopefully.

#11 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:14 AM

The lobster roll was amazing. Everything about it was fantastic, except the price, but hey, it's lobster. It's expensive.

And I'm reminded why I hardly ever go here even when it's a few blocks away from my work. But is pretty good!
@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=