#22 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:44 AM

Don't really care about watching either, but at least the Derby isn't much of a time commitment.

I'll be watching the undercard too.

but I'm a loser, so.....

Hockey not on my radar either, but people do always say that playoff hockey is awesome! 

@beginthebegin71

#23 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,549 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:44 AM

Just saw 12 got scratched.  Need a 3rd pony to put in there.  Beaner?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#24 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:49 AM

Just saw 12 got scratched.  Need a 3rd pony to put in there.  Beaner?

Wait, you like Danzig Moon? 

He's my big sleeper. Don't see him winning, but he could be a factor. 

i'm just using the 18 top and bottom with a few longshots. Not betting much at all. Enough action at work. 

however, IF I had to give you another horse to replace the 12, I like Upstart, the #19 a little. 

@beginthebegin71

#25 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:51 AM

And Sports Guy's bday. Happy Birthday Rob!

Thanks bud

#26 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:56 AM

I'll definitely be going out for the Caps games here in a bit. Probably not doing anything for the fight, though I'm semi interested. And I'll definitely watch the derby and follow the O's game.

Not much of a basketball fan, but I am enough of a nerd to be interested even in the third day of the draft. Playoff hockey is way more important though.

#27 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:03 AM

1. O's
2. Caps
3. DC United
4. Fight
5. Derby
6. Game 7
7. Water Polo
8. Badminton
9. Ice Dancing
3737383939399933. Draft

Will do my best to watch 1-6 today and the wife actually expressed interest in going out to watch the fight, so we may do that. Plus it may be fun o be out with all the locals should the Clippers blow it.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#28 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:15 AM

This might not work out well for someone like Gabe who treats the draft like his job, but I think most that watch the 4-7th rounds of the draft would end up happy by talking this advice:

Go out and do something with your significant other/friends/kids. It's a beautiful spring Saturday here in Maryland. Take advantage of it. Then spend like a half hour looking at the picks and the analysis of what the Ravens did. I doubt you'd regret that, and if you have a significant other and/or kids, I'm pretty sure they'd be happy with the decision too.

#29 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:18 AM

This might not work out well for someone like Gabe who treats the draft like his job, but I think most that watch the 4-7th rounds of the draft would end up happy by talking this advice:

Go out and do something with your significant other/friends/kids. It's a beautiful spring Saturday here in Maryland. Take advantage of it. Then spend like a half hour looking at the picks and the analysis of what the Ravens did. I doubt you'd regret that, and if you have a significant other and/or kids, I'm pretty sure they'd be happy with the decision too.

Naaaahhhh.... fuck that noise, I'm going to BDubs for the Caps game. ;)

#30 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:21 AM

I am playing some corn hole later between the Caps game and the Derby. Should be a great day for it.
  • mweb08 likes this

#31 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:30 AM

Naaaahhhh.... fuck that noise, I'm going to BDubs for the Caps game. ;)

Well since you're a big Caps fan, I approve.

#32 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:46 AM

Kelly's sick so we cancelled our plans. I may actually watch the Caps game.

#33 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:49 AM

Kelly's sick so we cancelled are plans. I may actually watch the Caps game.

Women ruin everything

#34 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:51 AM

Kelly's sick so we cancelled are plans. I may actually watch the Caps game.

Do it. Just enjoy the intensity. Should be chippy today. Hope Kelly feels better.

#35 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:10 AM

I don't watch the draft just for the Ravens, and it's by far the event of the day I'm most interested in.

#36 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:17 AM

I don't watch the draft just for the Ravens, and it's by far the event of the day I'm most interested in.

Well I think you and a lot of people would be surprised at how much they don't miss the second half of the draft if they went out and did something instead and then spent a fraction of the time getting all the analysis they want later on.

#37 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:21 AM

Well I think you and a lot of people would be surprised at how much they don't miss the second half of the draft if they went out and did something instead and then spent a fraction of the time getting all the analysis they want later on.

Well... I think you don't know what you are talking about here lol.  How can you judge what my interest is?
I love seeing how teams build. I love seeing the analysis and differing opinions from Kiper, McShay, Polian... and the NFL Network guys.

For me, the draft weekend is about as interesting as anything during the calendar year in sports.

#38 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:24 AM

As much as I want to watch the whole Caps game this is where I'm at.  Wife works every other weekend and she's off this weekend.   So damn nice out we'll be out side with kids muching and all that other yard type stuff, of course I'll still be checking out the hockey game from time to time.

• mweb08 likes this

#39 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:26 AM

Well... I think you don't know what you are talking about here lol.  How can you judge what my interest is?

I love seeing how teams build. I love seeing the analysis and differing opinions from Kiper, McShay, Polian... and the NFL Network guys.

For me, the draft weekend is about as interesting as anything during the calendar year in sports.

Well I simply don't get this and I don't have to. Enjoy.

#40 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:49 AM

The thing that gets me with the draft is all the commentary of how great a draft a team had and how great a pick this person or that person was. No one knows that for years to come. How many years in a row have we heard how great the Browns have drafted? Just obnoxious to make those proclamations IMO. But Stoner outlines some good points on why people enjoy it. I won't poo poo anyone who digs it. I have before but that was wrong of me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=