• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:42 AM

As you've seen, we added a few new sub-forums above.

Any others you would like to see?

#2 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,543 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:46 AM

As you've seen, we added a few new sub-forums above.

Any others you would like to see?

Don't take offense to this -- but I think a subforum with all the links you send out every day would be valuable.  Here is why:  there is a chance when you post all these links that I miss other posts that were made in that same section.  When I go on and click "view new content" and there are 30 posts all from you, I know that they are probably all links and I just wipe them out with one click.

This means I will miss any posts you make that have actual content and thoughts (and of course I enjoy your insight) and also, like I said before, I could miss out on any posts or discussion from others in that same thread (like if Weber and SG are fighting over Curry as MVP and the most recent post is a Warriors' related link that I have no interest in I will automatically mark it as read).

I know you encourage everyone to read all of the site and stuff but I spend a ton of time here already and don't have enough time to check every thread that has a link posted, as much as I'd like to :-)

Just a suggestion.

• BSLChrisStoner and BobPhelan like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:57 AM

Don't take offense to this -- but I think a subforum with all the links you send out every day would be valuable.  Here is why:  there is a chance when you post all these links that I miss other posts that were made in that same section.  When I go on and click "view new content" and there are 30 posts all from you, I know that they are probably all links and I just wipe them out with one click.

This means I will miss any posts you make that have actual content and thoughts (and of course I enjoy your insight) and also, like I said before, I could miss out on any posts or discussion from others in that same thread (like if Weber and SG are fighting over Curry as MVP and the most recent post is a Warriors' related link that I have no interest in I will automatically mark it as read).

I know you encourage everyone to read all of the site and stuff but I spend a ton of time here already and don't have enough time to check every thread that has a link posted, as much as I'd like to :smile:

Just a suggestion.

I didn't take offense, and actually like the suggestion.

The analytics show that when I don't add links our traffic decreases, and when I do... there is more traffic and discussion.

That said, I'll think about that idea some more.

#4 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:39 AM

Would they still show up if you dedicate just one thread for it?  Name it "This weeks stories" in every section I don't know if that will help.

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:44 AM

Would they still show up if you dedicate just one thread for it?  Name it "This weeks stories" in every section I don't know if that will help.

No... I mean the links help, because it shows there is new conversation in particular threads and forums, and people look. If all of the threads were in one place (vs. the individual threads they belong)... than those threads would not be getting bumped.

Also.. beyond the traffic... I enjoy reading articles from across the web, and I enjoy adding them to the individual discussions.

Still, I appreciate Pedro's thoughts... and I'll continue to think about that further.

#6 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:11 PM

Maybe its just because its the ncaa tournament, but there seemed to be a great deal of talk in that thread involving spreads and sports betting. Maybe a Handicapping thread?
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#7 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:15 PM

Is there a way to organize the sub-threads in Other by most recent post instead of alphabetically?

• McNulty likes this

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:24 PM

Is there a way to organize the sub-threads in Other by most recent post instead of alphabetically?

Hmm... I could put them in any set order, but can't organize them so that it organizes by most recent post.

#9 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,577 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:32 PM

I feel similar to Pedro except every once in a while there's an article that grabs my attention. But most days I just fly past them and hope I didn't miss anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=