#1 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

Los Angeles defeated New Jersey 4 games to 2 to win the Stanley Cup. This is their first Stanley Cup.

Jonathan Quick won the Conn Smythe Trophy as Finals MVP.

Of the six teams from the 1967 expansion only St. Louis remains without a championship (and is now the team with the longest championship drought in the league).

#2 Nuclear Dish

Nuclear Dish

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationZichron Yaakov, Israel

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:22 AM

Los Angeles defeated New Jersey 4 games to 2 to win the Stanley Cup. This is their first Stanley Cup.

First #8 seed to ever win a championship (in any of the major sports, which essentially means the NBA and NHL, since baseball and football don't go that deep with allowing teams into the playoffs).

Jonathan Quick won the Conn Smythe Trophy as Finals MVP.

Only the 3rd American to ever win the Conn Smythe (joining Brian Leetch in '94 and Tim Thomas last year) and the 6th non-Canadian to ever win the award (Russian Evgeni Malkin in '09 and Swedes Niklas Lidstrom and Henrik Zetterberg in '02 and '08, respectively). Of course, if you look at those numbers from 1964-2007 there were only 2 non-Canadians to win the award, but there have been 4 in the past 5 years!

Of the six teams from the 1967 expansion only St. Louis remains without a championship (and is now the team with the longest championship drought in the league).

Thanks, you had to remind me? That's painful. Granted, I've only been watching since 1985, but believe me 27 years is long enough.

"Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax..."

-Walter Sobchak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=