#282 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:42 PM

Baltimore Sports Report: Watch How Maryland Students Rehearsed Their Epic Flash Mob

http://baltimorespor...hmob-57380.html

For those wondering what practicing for a Flash Mob at UMD is like. Like I said, we got the entire thing down in about 30 minutes of rehearsing.

@BSLZackKiesel

#283 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:35 PM

Still soaking in the biggest win of Turge's MD career. Great stuff and this team barring major collapse should be a #3 or #4 into the big dance. I want to gush a bit more about Turgeon. This is the coach I expected when he came in years ago. He's from the Larry Brown tree and has learned under some of the game's greatest. His game plan was superb and the execution was even better. Going 3/4 ct. pressure early was a great idea to throw the Badgers out of snyc. His timeouts and plays out of timeouts were very well done. I like to attack the basket on out of bounds plays and nothing drives me crazier then when they simply lob it deep in the backcourt. I didn't see that at all this time. The back-cut at the end of the half was beautiful.

Dez Wells. I was happiest for him next to the head coach. He has great physical ability but has struggled harnessing emotion and basketball smarts at times. He played his all around best game as a Terp. Aggressive but smart.

Cekovsky was a key. He did a nice job limiting Kaminsky who is probably one of the best players in the nation. I'd figured he'd get more minutes tonight and he came through with blocks and boards and a nice jam. Frank still got his so for me the work done limiting the Badger backcourt to 9 total points proved to be an even bigger reason why they got the W.

I did come very close to turning off the sound early in the game. Tirico and Bilas are some of the best but the constant love for Wisconsin was irritating. They deserve praise but they followed the typical playbook of "stick to 3 taking points" and beat it into the ground. Throwing it to Lunardi and his Marv Albert hairpiece was infuriating. I want to watch the game. Especially with the Terps making a run. Just terrible presentation there. Once the Terps went up 11 at half the script was changed and they seemed to be more even in their announcing.

• You Play to Win the Game and Mackus like this

#284 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:25 PM

I think Turgeon has had better wins, wins over teams that are better than Wisconsin is.  But you probably are right that it's the biggest due to where the team is this season and where we hope to get to by the time it's over.

#285 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

I think Turgeon has had better wins, wins over teams that are better than Wisconsin is.  But you probably are right that it's the biggest due to where the team is this season and where we hope to get to by the time it's over.

It's bigger because it's their first year in the B10.

#286 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:01 AM

It's bigger because it's their first year in the B10.

I think it's bigger because it helps solidify our perception as a good team and back to a level of basketball that we haven't been at in way too long of a time.  It's definitely nice to play really well in our first year in the Big 10, but if our "breakout" year or "return" year or whatever people wanna call this season was our last year in the ACC, I think a win like that Wisconsin win (say if we beat Duke or Virginia) would have been just as big.

I think being good again in general is what's big, though it's certainly additionally nice to be good in our first year in the Big 10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=