#2 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

Whether you think the punishment was fair or unfair, it was really stupid what a bunch of millionaires(for the most part) risked for such relatively speaking small amounts of cash.
@levineps

#3 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,543 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

The crime itself didn't fit the punishment, but the blatant and stupid manner in which it was carried out was. It reminds me of that scene from The Wire, when Stringer was leading a meeting of the co-op of city drug lords, and one of his underlings was sitting there taking minutes. :lol:

#4 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

The crime itself didn't fit the punishment, but the blatant and stupid manner in which it was carried out was. It reminds me of that scene from The Wire, when Stringer was leading a meeting of the co-op of city drug lords, and one of his underlings was sitting there taking minutes. :lol:

Seriously. People will never learn: if you want to do something against the rules/law, DON'T LEAVE A DAMN PAPER TRAIL! :lol:

#5 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

Seems like the 'ledger' has not been produced as evidence by the NFL to the players in their appeal process.

I agree this all seemed bad, but the more that comes out about it, the more it seems like the NFL was shooting from the hip for a variety of legal and public opinion reasons.

#6 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

I only caught the end of the interview, but Scott Fujita (currently Browns LB, was with the Saints) just blasted the NFL for their handling of this and their hypocrisy.

Did anyone else see what he said?

#7 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

He basically said there was no clear evidence that he specifically was involved in a pay to injure type system.

Fujita told reporters Monday that he "yet to see anything that implicates me in some pay-to-injure scheme; not in the last three months, not in the last three days, not today."

"And perhaps that's because there is nothing that could implicate me in some pay-to-injure scheme," Fujita continued.

Fujita said the forum in which Goodell hears the appeal for discipline he handed out is the wrong venue for adjudication.

Fujita said his reputation has been seriously damaged by the way the investigation has played out, saying he has "a hard time" with how his ability to provide for his family has been compromised after 10 years of conducting himself "in a positive manner."

"You know, throughout this process, it's become increasingly clear to me that just because someone disagrees with the NFL's interpretation of an incredibly flawed investigation, it's assumed that he's lying, and to me, that's a shame," Fujita said. "That's a shame."

You know what really irks me about this, the media is basically refusing to stand up to the NFL for whatever reason.

You can't even find this article on the front page of ESPN. This whole thing smacks of unfairness, I'm not only surprised but disappointed the sports media has not taken a stronger position against the NFL on this one...

#8 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

Hargrove has also added that the audio of them saying he asked for payment for a hit to injure isn't even his voice.

You'd think there would have to be some kind of burden to show that it was definitely his voice by the NFL...then again it's Roger Goodell.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=