#721 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:28 PM

I agree that as of now you have to give the Ravens a good shot against the Chargers. However, I think claiming the Ravens are 5-4 due to mistakes goes back to something I often say, which is fans blow up their teams mistakes, bad luck, and questionable calls against while minimizing those of the opponent.

I'm not minimizing anything...I'm stating a fact.

In the games they have lost, they have made a lot of mistakes.

Now, some of that has to do with playing good teams and those teams causing and taking advantage of those mistakes but the Ravens have to cut down on them.

#722 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:10 AM

I agree that as of now you have to give the Ravens a good shot against the Chargers. However, I think claiming the Ravens are 5-4 due to mistakes goes back to something I often say, which is fans blow up their teams mistakes, bad luck, and questionable calls against while minimizing those of the opponent.

Exactly. This stuff often evens out. We were fortunate to have a chance to beat Cincy last week and Ind a few weeks ago. We were in the game because they made a lot of crucial mistakes. Its about capitalizing when it inevitably happens.

#723 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:46 AM

I'm not minimizing anything...I'm stating a fact.

In the games they have lost, they have made a lot of mistakes.

Now, some of that has to do with playing good teams and those teams causing and taking advantage of those mistakes but the Ravens have to cut down on them.

And when other teams lose, they don't make a lot of mistakes? The Ravens aren't a team that seems higher in the mistakes category than average. I don't think their record is worse than it should be if you somehow eliminated all mistakes. Heck, Cleveland should have beat the Ravens if not for their own mistakes. At least that's how you'd look at it if you were a Browns fan.

#724 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

And when other teams lose, they don't make a lot of mistakes? The Ravens aren't a team that seems higher in the mistakes category than average. I don't think their record is worse than it should be if you somehow eliminated all mistakes. Heck, Cleveland should have beat the Ravens if not for their own mistakes. At least that's how you'd look at it if you were a Browns fan.

I don't care about the other teams mistakes. I'm talking about the Ravens.

The Ravens have to cut down on the physical and mental mistakes against the better teams if they want to win those games. It's that simple.

I don't see how anyone can argue against such an obvious point.

#725 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:08 PM

I don't care about the other teams mistakes. I'm talking about the Ravens.

The Ravens have to cut down on the physical and mental mistakes against the better teams if they want to win those games. It's that simple.

I don't see how anyone can argue against such an obvious point.

No one is arguing that, but you can say that about a lot of teams. Saying the Ravens are underperforming due to mistakes is wrong IMO, unless you want to say that about almost all the teams. Their record is basically what it should be. They aren't some superior team that has dropped games because of mistakes, they have lost games because they've been outplayed. Sure, they've made mistakes in those games, but so have their opponents.

#726 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:33 PM

Right. This is a 5-4 team. With a few breaks they could be 6-3 or even 7-2 but Cincy controlled much of the two games we played. So did Indy.  If it weren't for their turnovers  the 2nd Cincy game and Indy game aren't even close.

That speaks to a bigger overall point. 2-4 years ago the Ravens had room for a bigger margin of error. They need to be better now because they are not as good overall.

#727 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:04 PM

I think they should be 6-3...not far off.

But, in the games they have lost, had they limited the mistakes better, they win more than 1 more of those.

So yea, I do think it's that simple with them.

They won't be able to be mistake free every week and you have bad games..it happens but in the games they lost, outside of the second half against Pitt, they were right there with those teams and they made dumb physical and mental mistakes.

Now, some of that speaks to the issues with this team..inexperience being a big one.

#728 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:03 PM

And if the Redskins had limited their mistakes in 3 of their close losses, they could easily be 6-3. Great. Let's just do this with all teams while ignoring that if their opponents had limited their mistakes further, then most of the results would be the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=