Posted 23 September 2024 - 08:16 AM

Dean Kremer vs Clarke Schmidt

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 159,450 posts

Posted 23 September 2024 - 08:17 AM

The Orioles have lost 5 consecutive series. 

Take 2 of 3 here. 

#3 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,625 posts

Posted 23 September 2024 - 08:20 AM

The Orioles have lost 5 consecutive series. 

Take 2 of 3 here. 

The last time they won a series against a team not named the White Sox or Rockies was Aug 9-11 when they won 2 of 3 from TB.

The last time they won a series vs a team with a winning record was Sea  July 2-4. Tampa is currently 78-78 so maybe they end up as a winning team but the point is made. Their 2nd half has been lacking in so many ways. 

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 159,450 posts

Posted 23 September 2024 - 08:30 AM

The last time they won a series against a team not named the White Sox or Rockies was Aug 9-11. When they won 2 of 3 from TB.

The last time they won a series vs a team with a winning record was Sea  July 2-4. Tampa is currently 78-78 so maybe they end up as a winning team but the point is made. Their 2nd half has been lacking in so many ways. 

Yep, but can't play those games again.

Still have games on the schedule, and the roster has gotten healthier. 

Got a day of rest today. 

Can't win the East, but take 2 of 3 at NY, and 2 of 3 at Minnesota... and generally play good, clean games...  and maybe they'll be feeling better for the Wild Card Series.

• JoyinMudville likes this

#5 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,701 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 23 September 2024 - 08:36 AM

This team has played so poorly for 3 months now I just have no confidence they can start playing solid ball now. Just gotta hope whomever we are facing dont capitalize on the mistakes we will make. Certainly helps having Westburg and Urias back. Glue Holliday to the bench.

#6 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,899 posts

Posted 23 September 2024 - 08:39 AM

Can’t believe we’re 6 games back already. Actually, I can.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 159,450 posts

Posted 23 September 2024 - 08:49 AM

This team has played so poorly for 3 months now I just have no confidence they can start playing solid ball now. Just gotta hope whomever we are facing dont capitalize on the mistakes we will make. Certainly helps having Westburg and Urias back. Glue Holliday to the bench.

And Kjerstad. And Webb. And Coulombe. 

Figure Mountcastle gets activated as well. 

And of course still hoping for Rodriguez. 

#8 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,493 posts

Posted 23 September 2024 - 08:53 AM

Hopefully they can make the postseason and at least break the 8-game playoff losing streak.  That's about as big as my dreams get for this year's team.

#9 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,621 posts

Posted 23 September 2024 - 08:54 AM

The offensive issues have little, and I'd go as far as to say nothing, to do with any injuries, IMO.  It's all about a collective failure of the players who are supposed to be here.  

Bullpen and rotation sure, I think they've struggled while covering for some absences.  But my concern is all about the position players now.  They are still the stronger unit compared to the pitching staff, but they are woefully under expected performance over the past month especially.

Need to get the bats hot, without that it won't really matter whether the pitching staff can cobble together some decent outings or not.  

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#10 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 23 September 2024 - 08:55 AM

Hopefully they can make the postseason and at least break the 8-game playoff losing streak. That's about as big as my dreams get for this year's team.

Win a series and then at least you don’t have that monkey on your back next year.

#11 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,493 posts

Posted 23 September 2024 - 09:12 AM

Win a series and then at least you don’t have that monkey on your back next year.

I say that my biggest dream is to just win one postseason game, but at 1:00 today I'm still going to buy tickets for as many of the 10 postseason games as I can.

#12 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 23 September 2024 - 01:40 PM

Can't win the East, but take 2 of 3 at NY, and 2 of 3 at Minnesota... and generally play good, clean games...  and maybe they'll be feeling better for the Wild Card Series.

I like 90 wins better than 89.  Crazy how far off we are from where we were at the end of May, Nobody would have taken the under at 89.5.

This is a similar position to the Rangers and DBacks last year.  We should have the 1st WC so home games, win a series and win another one and when you stop winning we can discuss the offsason.  

Rather do it with a banner or 2.  Play these next 2 series like you are playing the 3rd one. 

This is Playoff Baseball. Let's go.

#13 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,432 posts

Posted 23 September 2024 - 06:27 PM

I like 90 wins better than 89.  Crazy how far off we are from where we were at the end of May, Nobody would have taken the under at 89.5.

This is a similar position to the Rangers and DBacks last year.  We should have the 1st WC so home games, win a series and win another one and when you stop winning we can discuss the offsason.  

Rather do it with a banner or 2.  Play these next 2 series like you are playing the 3rd one. 

This is Playoff Baseball. Let's go.

I really do think that when the play-offs start, the first game the Orioles play will be extremely important.  If they come out, shake off the bad vibes of the past 3 months and kick whoever they're playing soundly to take a 1-0 lead, I could really see that being huge for their collective psyche.  If the opposite happens, it will probably be a repeat of last year. 

#14 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 24 September 2024 - 08:25 AM

Ok let's get this 6 game winning streak started.

#15 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,625 posts

Posted 24 September 2024 - 11:18 AM

Best Ive ever felt about Kremer. I think this is the best he has pitched in his career and its showing in the analytics. Last time I looked at his savant page his xERA and some other numbers were dark blue. Bottom 10% I believe.  Its now up to 29%. Still not good, but hes made a real jump in a relatively short amount of time. Is K rate and xBA is now almost in the 50%. Hes been legit pitching like an above avg pitcher the last few months. Some positive momentum heading into 2025. I'll always give a guy props if he starts to prove me wrong. I was on his case for the longest time because thats what the numbers said. Now the numbers are telling a bit of a different story

#16 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,621 posts

Posted 24 September 2024 - 11:26 AM

It's a shame they have played so badly that this series is almost meaningless. Could've been such a fun week. Hoping for a switch flip, but have been hoping to see that for months now and it hasn't happened. But go get a couple wins, clinch the top WC, then get Burnes and Eflin lined up for the postseason.

#17 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,493 posts

Posted 24 September 2024 - 11:30 AM

One win gives them the season series against the Yankees and comes close to clinching the #1 wild card, so they should probably just go ahead and win tonight.

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#18 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,701 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 24 September 2024 - 12:05 PM

I really don't care about the W-L over the last 6 games. What I care way more about is how they play. If they keep making the boneheaded mistakes then they will have no shot in the playoffs. When you combine a struggling offense with weak fundamentals....well its just a bad combination.

#19 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,605 posts

Posted 24 September 2024 - 12:08 PM

I don't have much hope they'll magically turn it around this final week. We've been hoping for it since the end of July. It ain't happening.

Just hope they can win a couple more and secure the #1 WC spot then anything can happen in a short playoff series.
  • NewMarketSean likes this

#20 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 24 September 2024 - 02:20 PM

At least make the Yankees sweat for a couple games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=