383 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 158,612 posts

Posted 10 September 2024 - 05:39 PM

The Ravens are 9.5 point favorites. 

ESPN's Matchup Predictor gives the Ravens a 71.7% chance of winning.

#2 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,054 posts

Posted 10 September 2024 - 07:36 PM

Hope to see more running from the backs, less Lamar playing street ball (although it's fun to watch).

Vegas DL could give us some problems with Crosby.

#3 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,562 posts

Posted 11 September 2024 - 09:39 AM

Raiders just got run over with our old RBs.

I think you're going to see a lot of Henry (and Hill) on Sunday.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 11 September 2024 - 01:04 PM

Run with RBs. Play action off the run. Some end-arounds / jet sweeps. Some misdirection pitch. A FB quick hitter. Some Lamar feet. Some Lamar arm. Just keep it diverse.

Defense should be able to win this game mostly by themselves given the QB room coming in for a visit. Just don't give the ball away on offense. 2 and 3 deep safeties start to finish, don't let anything big / sudden over your head. Keep the ball in front of you and make Joe Blow QB beat you by matriculating the ball down the field. They can't deliver if the Ravens defense forces that.

#5 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,562 posts

Posted 11 September 2024 - 01:29 PM

Only thing that worries me is that Minshew came in here and beat us last year.

Granted it was pouring and the Ravens offense did very little that day but that's no excuse. I don't think that happens Sunday but Ravens offense turns in a few clunkers each year and if they do on Sunday, they could lose to a QB who is capable of making a few plays to win.

Still think Ravens win handedly but it'll be closer than we may like. Like 27-17 or something.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,055 posts

Posted 11 September 2024 - 05:56 PM

Run with RBs. Play action off the run. Some end-arounds / jet sweeps. Some misdirection pitch. A FB quick hitter. Some Lamar feet. Some Lamar arm. Just keep it diverse.

Defense should be able to win this game mostly by themselves given the QB room coming in for a visit. Just don't give the ball away on offense. 2 and 3 deep safeties start to finish, don't let anything big / sudden over your head. Keep the ball in front of you and make Joe Blow QB beat you by matriculating the ball down the field. They can't deliver if the Ravens defense forces that.

If Dobbins stays healthy he might have a better year than Henry (he just likely won't, so he likely won't).

Still I think Henry probably has a big game. He's due for one early in the season.

#7 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 11 September 2024 - 08:51 PM

Ravens lost the turnover battle with Indy 2-0 last year, one deep in IND territory. And Riverboat gambler John went on 4th and 3 near midfield in OT, which failed, followed by the winning FG for Indy.

Don't give the ball or field position away, they have no excuse not to win...

#8 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,443 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 01:46 PM

Raiders just got run over with our old RBs.

I think you're going to see a lot of Henry (and Hill) on Sunday.

LA has a superior O-line. Alt shut Crosby down. We unfortunately don't have a blue chip rookie prospect at RT. LA also has Greg Roman. I don't like Roman overall, but the dude may be the best run game OC in the world. Dude just knows how to scheme a run game to make it a top 3 unit, no matter where he is, or what personnel he has to use. Plus, we all know how talented Dobbins is, dude just can't stay on the field.

I think Henry is still a stud, but this O-line needs some time to gel and improve. I also think you see Lamar's run game touches plummet off a cliff this week.

I said it in the other thread, I'll say it again, getting Keaton Mitchell back at 100% will be a massive boost to the offense. Unfortunately we basically tip our hand based on our RB choice. Mitchell has the ability to take a handoff or catch a pass and make a big play either way. With him in the backfield, defenses can't predict what were doing with as much certainty.

#9 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,345 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 09:48 AM

I expect a tight game with the OL again having issues.  It's a work in progress and probably going to take at least a month before they start to perform more consistently.  EDC and Harbaugh rolled the dice with the young guys, and they'll have to see it through.  I'll be looking for a much better showing from the defense, especially against an anemic offense that the Raiders bring to town.  It won't be anything exciting to watch but the Ravens win going away, 23-10. 

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 158,612 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 06:29 PM

Wiggins out after a car accident earlier this week.

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,712 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 September 2024 - 06:36 PM

Damn, hope he’s okay. Guess he is, which is good. He graded out quite well in his debut. Only Ar’Darius Washington graded out higher from the secondary. Side note: Williams and Hamilton both received incredibly bad grades. PFF

#12 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,822 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 13 September 2024 - 06:47 PM

Humphrey?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#13 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,054 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 06:48 PM

Tough to get a good read week 1 since Humphrey, Stephens, Williams, Hamilton saw zero preseason snaps.

#14 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,712 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 September 2024 - 08:39 PM

YDIOTMs.jpeg

Week 1 is the 4th pre-season game.

#15 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,054 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 08:43 PM

Roquan, Hamilton, Williams, Stephens, Humphrey all playing subpar tells me it's probably more of a rust thing than actual performance. The cost of not risking preseason injuries.

#16 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,054 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 08:43 PM

Amazing that they all played so poorly yet I felt like they held up reasonably well all things considered.

#17 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,712 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 September 2024 - 08:45 PM

Roquan, Hamilton, Williams, Stephens, Humphrey all playing subpar tells me it's probably more of a rust thing than actual performance. The cost of not risking preseason injuries.

Rust and possibly not the best defensive coaching. I’m pretty skeptical of Orr. They got caught with their pants down quite a bit. It was as if they hadn’t ever even heard of Worthy or Rice. But like you said. Hard to glean too much off one week. Especially with it being their 4th pre-season game. Clearly a lot of rust.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#18 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,054 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 08:52 PM

I don't have any opinion on Orr as a coach. Loved him as a player. I'll stay optimistic as the Ravens typically make decent coaching decisions.

#19 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,712 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 September 2024 - 08:58 PM

I don't have any opinion on Orr as a coach. Loved him as a player. I'll stay optimistic as the Ravens typically make decent coaching decisions.

I’m not sure this is true. I wasn’t at all a fan of Pees, and Roman’s offense was a lazy, low hanging fruit approach during a modern era. A nod to racking up lots of wins knowing full well the ceiling was incredibly limited. Harbaugh has a track record of going to the well over and over to guys in his circle. I was pleased with the Monken hire for that reason. Obviously on the other side of this argument, Macdonald worked out quite well.

#20 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,054 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 09:04 PM

Pees wasn't great. He's a rare miss on defense. Don't remember much about Mattison, but those defenses were stacked with talent. Pagano was a hit. Martindale was fine. Macdonald was obviously a homerun.

Offensive coaches, Roman was a HR by Ravens standards. Trestman, Morningweg, Caldwell.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=